Health agencies to jointly develop Covid-19 vaccine

snoop1130

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:
23 minutes ago, Orac said:

Bit confused here. Is it a vaccine or a treatment they are working towards and how do they identify ‘terminal’ patients?

Those without a pulse,I can tell them now it won't save them.

Oh, I thought it was those stuck in the airport queue?

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Israeli researchers at MIGAL – Galilee Research Institute have developed an effective vaccine against avian Coronavirus Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV) and are adapting it to create a human vaccine against Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is rapidly spreading around the globe.

After four years of multi-disciplinary research funded by Israel’s Ministry of Science and Technology in cooperation with Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, the MIGAL Galilee Research Institute has achieved a scientific breakthrough that will lead to the rapid creation of a vaccine against Coronavirus in the coming weeks.

Be interesting to see if the Arab Nations will be boycotting it though.

Thanks for that news. This whole thing is worrying and depressing. A little good news about it is very welcome.

• Like 1

it takes months to create a new vaccine and this for less than  3000 deaths = some big pharma companies will get billions of whatever currency for another not tested vaccine, soon to be forced upon everybody with off course no long term consequences for health, side effects, etc...

time to buy big pharma stocks

17 minutes ago, justin case said:

it takes months to create a new vaccine and this for less than  3000 deaths = some big pharma companies will get billions of whatever currency for another not tested vaccine, soon to be forced upon everybody with off course no long term consequences for health, side effects, etc...

time to buy big pharma stocks

Number of deaths don't come into it. It's the cost to countries health services and possible production facilities if it spreads through the workforce anywhere. Exports/imports affected etc.

World trade could, note could, take a big hit.

Edited by overherebc

17 hours ago, vogie said:

Israeli researchers at MIGAL – Galilee Research Institute have developed an effective vaccine against avian Coronavirus Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV) and are adapting it to create a human vaccine against Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is rapidly spreading around the globe.

After four years of multi-disciplinary research funded by Israel’s Ministry of Science and Technology in cooperation with Israel’s Ministry of Agriculture, the MIGAL Galilee Research Institute has achieved a scientific breakthrough that will lead to the rapid creation of a vaccine against Coronavirus in the coming weeks.

Be interesting to see if the Arab Nations will be boycotting it though.

The development of an effective vaccine requires integrated knowledge and a time span of at least 9-12 months. . . said the director of the National Vaccine Institute

The Thais, for once, are right. The history of vaccines is a chequered one, littered with costly mistakes which have ended up killing or maiming thousands of men, women and children.

https://www.thelibertybeacon.com/vaccine-disasters-governments-want-you-to-forget/

Act in haste. . . 

I doubt Thailand has the ability to research a vaccine before it is available on the international market. Just a good opportunity to get some government funding and make some people to look important.

Remember ebola and mers cure that later proofed to be a hoax.

• Thanks 1

The last several annual flu shots I'v had were all for the previous seasons 'active' flu viruses, usually 4 of those viruses were included in the shot. I'd expect Covid-19 to be in next years flu shot.

Anyone here remember the swine flu scare of 1976 ?  That was a rushed to market serum and no manufacturer was held responsible if it caused other problems. I won't line up like they did back in 1976 for what amounts to an experimental flu shot.

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but my prediction is that Thailand won't be the country that develops a useable / effective vaccine. With a bit of luck, their generics factory will be able to copy what will (hopefully!) be developed - elsewhere.