Looking for Vietnam War Vets stationed in Thailand

FVanusa

Udorn Thailand Vet website is being revived, looking for any former military who served in Thailand during Vietnam War. Search for old friends, tell an interesting story or get a smile from someone else's memories.  If you know someone we hope you'll pass this link on the them.  Thanks  

PM for details.

• Like 2

While I was in the Army Reserves at that time, we never deployed to Vietnam. However many of my friends Did serve in the war zone including several who were based in Thailand. I have been to Vietnam many times and have invited my friends to return with me. However to date absolutely none of them have any interest in returning! Lots of bad memories I guess?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yankyoakum said:

TLC Brotherhood is a group affiliated with Vets of Thailand during the Vietnam conflict, and every US Thai base has a group forum on FB, I belong to Korat and Ubon, wasn't ever stationed anywhere else. TLC has some good posts of the different bases and lot of pictures people put in. TLC has a decent online store to buy hats, jackets and assorted paraphernalia items. I wore out 2 of their ball caps already... not from poor quality..

As far as any guilty conscience, NOPE... bud I swore an oath at 18 years old, like about 6 generations of my family before me and thousands of other kids whose parents couldn't afford college..... I wasn't the cat calling the shots, I was the kid fixing the airplanes, loved me some Spectre...was coolest thing I ever worked on and I worked on some cool stuff later in life.. Did my 4 years, got out and married a Thai chick, 44 years and we just retired here. Think I am one of many old guys with old wives...We gimpy an grumpy...

:thumbsup:

• Like 1