Minister promises MotoGP in Buriram to be Covid-19 free

rooster59

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Definitely a no go.Dreaming of the money.The money that’s already been spent and needs the event to go ahead to be recovered. Bad luck dude you’ve made your bed now enjoy trying to lie straight in it and hope it’s not a hospital bed.

I doubt the health minister or his office has tipped much money into hosting the event.

• Haha 1

Just now, AussieBob18 said:

My bet - unless the virus is brought under control in a week or so, the event will be cancelled - just like the LPGA event was.  Dont buy tickets or pay for accomodations yet - you probably will not get a refund.

Doubt it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I don't recall thousands of stalls selling in uncovered food last year.... guess I must have missed them.

Ah come on. A little embellishment helps get the point across. ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm.

can not have flash mobs of people angry  because ban FF for fake reason = because will spread coronavirus 

but

can have have people come from other coronavirus countrys around the world to mix with local people = is ok no corona virus

???

They're working on the principal of "if the shoe fits, wear it".

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I don't recall thousands of stalls selling in uncovered food last year.... guess I must have missed them.

In all honesty, I was ranting a bit. I’ve never been to the moto gp, would love to go one day but I’ll wait till vaccinated. I’m surprised at lack of piles of cooked noodles not being on display, even though the “minister for health” (engineering degree, possibly genuine, who knows) shouldn’t be encouraging large gatherings to placate Buriram mafia at this point. 

<<We hope to promote the OR Thailand Grand Prix 2020 as a Covid-19-free race, it will increase confidence in the country and its public health system that will berecognised worldwide, resulting in moreincome for the country and its people.”>>
The government is still obsessing with tourist revenue over public health which makes me worried concerning stats re: infection rates etc in the near future. Seems like Prayut & co are challenging Hun Sen in the race for the Stupid Trophy 

In the headline it says he promises, but in the article it says that they are confident that !  This is a Thai way of saying "we don't have a clue but you must believe what we say !"  Its only about the money.  Tourists money has dried up.  On a good note, it will be a great event if its gonna be better than last year, which was fantastic for riders and fans.

Oh build a huge dome over the entire event, 48 hrs before start filtering ALL the AIR inside , stringent tests on everything connected to the event including the cars , allow 24 hrs to get all the spectators and equipemnt in, Then seal the entrances and have a race . However if ONE person tests Positive during or after the event, then quarantine everyone for 14 days .

Which planet is this Minister on, certainly NOT this one many people have tried including a King and failed to master the environment . Work with it or not but control it NO-WAY  !