Minister promises MotoGP in Buriram to be Covid-19 free

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Another irresponsible statement by someone who knows no better. OPPS sorry forgot last week he promised corona virus would blow away after Songran. They obviously get their jobs through nepotism or buying them. Not through education or skill level and ability.

"blow away after Songran"

PLUS, can't recall which mini-puppet but one of them predicted that the virus probably won't survive in the hotter weather.

The FIA has postponed the Chinese formula 1 event April 17-19th. 

1 hour ago, neeray said:

PLUS, can't recall which mini-puppet but one of them predicted that the virus probably won't survive in the hotter weather.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said: “Regarding the measures put in place to prevent and control the spread of Covid-19 virus among the fans; the organisers, riders and teams, staffs, hotel and restaurant operators and other businesses in Buriram and surrounding provinces are confident that the Ministry of Public Health is working with the Ministry of Tourism and Sport, Buriram Provincial Administrative Organization and other relevant agencies to best guarantee a safe environment. We hope to promote the OR Thailand Grand Prix 2020 as a Covid-19-free race, it will increase confidence in the country and its public health system that will be recognised worldwide, resulting in more income for the country and its people.”

Pee baby.jpeg

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Minister promises MotoGP in Buriram to be Covid-19 free

Has he been looking at his Cristal Balls again. How does He know What is he going to do . what if the Riders Aren't going to turn up . they may have something to consider ,Their own Health .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm.

can not have flash mobs of people angry  because ban FF for fake reason = because will spread coronavirus 

but

can have have people come from other coronavirus countrys around the world to mix with local people = is ok no corona virus

???

Hi Yinn, so do I take it that you now recognise the problem many of us non-Thais have with the contradictory messages uttered by senior muppets ministers?

30 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Let's see how many European riders not show up on the grid because they were not allowed to leave their own country.

Not to mention those who will refuse to come because for them their health is more precious than money even if there is a lot to receive

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the minister of health has an engineering background but apparently zero  medical background

Without even knowing which SUPERIOR country you were born or raised, I challenge you to post here the medical background of the health minister in that SUPERIOR country

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

can not have flash mobs of people angry  because ban FF for fake reason = because will spread coronavirus 

Thinking the GP would be an ideal venue for a FF rally? :wink:

Guaranteed safe location by your "Government" ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

please tell me you are joking because your statement is astonishingly ignorant beyond silly. since you asked will share a pic of the current minister of health of colombia south america.

he is a medical doctor with 2 masters degrees in addition, one of which is in public health.

the united states equivalent of minister of health is "the surgeon general" none of which have not had medical-health care backgrounds

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 13.10.01.png

https://www.minsalud.gov.co/Ministerio/Paginas/Hoja-de-vida-Ministro-.aspx

Did it take you long to find a country that has a health minister with a medical background?

There are 195 countries in the world, how about finding 5 others, and not from third world countries where degrees are bought.

Try for example some of the biggest and most advanced countries in the world like US - UK - Germany - France

And since you mention the US, here is the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Azar

And no having worked for a pharmaceutical company doesn't count as a medical background

Edited by Susco

2 hours ago, Susco said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

please tell me you are joking because your statement is astonishingly ignorant beyond silly. since you asked will share a pic of the current minister of health of colombia south america.

he is a medical doctor with 2 masters degrees in addition, one of which is in public health.

the united states equivalent of minister of health is "the surgeon general" none of which have not had medical-health care backgrounds

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 13.10.01.png

https://www.minsalud.gov.co/Ministerio/Paginas/Hoja-de-vida-Ministro-.aspx

Did it take you long to find a country that has a health minister with a medical background?

There are 195 countries in the world, how about finding 5 others, and not from third world countries where degrees are bought.

Try for example some of the biggest and most advanced countries in the world like US - UK - Germany - France

And since you mention the US, here is the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Azar

And no having worked for a pharmaceutical company doesn't count as a medical background

Edited 2 hours ago by Susco

colombia was the very first that came to mind because another former minister of health, dr virgilio galvis, internationally regarded eye surgeon / lasik surgeon is a friend of mine.

i used to be on staff at a colombian medical center and i am also licensed to practice medicine and surgery in the usa.

When the World Health Organization ranked the healthcare systems of 191 countries, Colombia came in at #22. That is better than Canada at #30 and the United States at #37. On top of this, when financial publication América Economía put together their latest annual list of Latin America’s top 58 hospitals, 23 of those hospitals were based in Colombia. That means that 40% of the top Latin American hospitals are located in Colombia.

Four of these hospitals are Joint Commission International accredited, the gold standard in world health. Two are located in Bogotá (Fundación Cardioinfantil – Instituto de Cardiología, and Hospital Universitario Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogotá), one is located in Medellín (Hospital Pablo Tobón Uribe), and one is located just outside of Bucaramanga (Fundación Cardiovascular de Colombia – Instituto del Corazón).

medical education in colombia and numerous other developing countries is very stringent and tough since the body of knowledge is essentially the same throughout the world

i guess you would would refuse/ not seek medical treatment in thailand or other developing country since degrees are "bought"

the guy you cite, alex azar is a lawyer with tons of administrative / policy experience and it seems his position mainly entails administrative stuff

jai yen yen, take it easy

• Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

Thanks, yeah my bad I got my races mixed up.

I crew for a TA2 team and season 1 race is in Hanoi at the F1.... I got my China and Vietnam confused.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Thanks, yeah my bad I got my races mixed up.

I crew for a TA2 team and season 1 race is in Hanoi at the F1.... I got my China and Vietnam confused.

but it was old news and you could have searched for it yourself ..............

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I doubt the health minister or his office has tipped much money into hosting the event.

He is the richest person in the Administration,deputy PM and in line to be the next PM he’s probably got every finger in as many pies as he can.

as AussieBob18 said on the first page of this thread "My bet - unless the virus is brought under control in a week or so, the event will be cancelled  "  and all indications are that this thing will get a lot worse before it gets better.

This is not only about Thailand but also about people and contestants with crews coming from other countries and with health concerns , travel concerns, and travel restrictions, It is not going to happen.

I don't know what this guy is talking about, I suspect he does not know also.