Minister promises MotoGP in Buriram to be Covid-19 free

rooster59

On 2/29/2020 at 7:15 AM, Don Mega said:

Yeah FarFlungIdiot like to embellish.

Hey Don I do like to embellish and sometimes I don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.I really enjoy the Moto GP and hope it goes ahead.Personally I believe the event should go ahead virus or no virus as I think there's no stopping this virus.For what it's worth I can also count on my fingers the number of times when I have not been an idiot.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Hey Don I do like to embellish and sometimes I don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.I really enjoy the Moto GP and hope it goes ahead.Personally I believe the event should go ahead virus or no virus as I think there's no stopping this virus.For what it's worth I can also count on my fingers the number of times when I have not been an idiot.

Seems to dumb to cancel events because a handful of people have the sniffles, but the media has excelled with their scaremongering !!

13 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Seems to dumb to cancel events because a handful of people have the sniffles, but the media has excelled with their scaremongering !!

It will not be canceled because "some people have the sniffles" it will be cancelled because preventive measures that attempt to contain the situation to "some people have the sniffles "  will make it difficult for contestants and fans  to attend .

By the time this thing happens who knows how many travel restrictions will be.     

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It will not be canceled because "some people have the sniffles" it will be cancelled because preventive measures that attempt to contain the situation to "some people have the sniffles "  will make it difficult for contestants and fans  to attend .

By the time this thing happens who knows how many travel restrictions will be.     

Doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Doubt it.

I truly hope you are right

But if the situation in Italy worsens , or maybe even now, contestants and fans from there will not be coming, same from many other places.

I know I am not coming to Thailand until we have a handle on this thing, and god knows I want to., everyone else I know here in the US has suspended their plans to travel to Thailand , with a wait and see attitude.

This is an international event if I understand this right,and it might not be up to the Thai minister. 

Personally I will be very surprised if it happens, but I have being surprised before. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I truly hope you are right

But if the situation in Italy worsens , or maybe even now, contestants 

Not sure what Italy has to do with but the majority of the MotoGP circus will be coming from Qatar.

40 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I know I am not coming to Thailand until we have a handle on this thing, and god knows I want to., everyone else I know here in the US has suspended their plans to travel to Thailand , with a wait and see attitude.

This is an international event if I understand this right,and it might not be up to the Thai minister. 

Sorry to hear the "virus" has you scared.... Is it any more international than the normal Influenza that kills 10's of thousands every year ?

4 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

I hope for the Italian riders that they are already in Thailand.

More air travel bans to and from Italy showing up...

They would only be affected by the travel ban if flying in from Italy, My guess is after the Qatar race (March 8 ) they wont return home.

Edited by Don Mega

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

And he and his mates will have money invested in the Moto GP event and will no doubt lose a sh!t load of it when the Health Minister cancels the event.Anything else you need spelt out for you?

Whole lot of baseless speculation there.

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Not sure what Italy has to do with but the majority of the MotoGP circus will be coming from Qatar.

Italy is but one example and a country deeply involved in the Motor sports, as I said there are also other international players. I am no expert  on Moto GP not even a novice but a quick google search indicated players from all over the world. I

I already know that Kuwait, has restricted travel to Thailand.

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Sorry to hear the "virus" has you scared.... Is it any more international than the normal Influenza that kills 10's of thousands every year ?

The Virus does not have me "Scared" Fear comes from the Unknown with education on a subject comes understanding and respect for it. 

This is what I understand. I understand that in order for me to come to Thailand , where my house sits empty, I need to get on a plane with all the associated health concern dangers, then I understand that I need to make a connection , probably at a high risk area.   I also understand that already there are travel restrictions, and if the situation gets worst there might be further restrictions, that might hinder my ability to return to my home country and attend my business concerns. I understand that even if I am able to return to my home country, if exposed . I might have to be quarantined at an army base for 14 days. 

Those involved in the MotoGP circus , either as contestants or spectators also understand  the same. 

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Italy is but one example and a country deeply involved in the Motor sports, as I said there are also other international players. I am no expert  on Moto GP not even a novice but a quick google search indicated players from all over the world. I

I already know that Kuwait, has restricted travel to Thailand.

The Virus does not have me "Scared" Fear comes from the Unknown with education on a subject comes understanding and respect for it. 

This is what I understand. I understand that in order for me to come to Thailand , where my house sits empty, I need to get on a plane with all the associated health concern dangers, then I understand that I need to make a connection , probably at a high risk area.   I also understand that already there are travel restrictions, and if the situation gets worst there might be further restrictions, that might hinder my ability to return to my home country and attend my business concerns. I understand that even if I am able to return to my home country, if exposed . I might have to be quarantined at an army base for 14 days. 

Those involved in the MotoGP circus , either as contestants or spectators also understand  the same. 

And you point it... sorry I did not read your whole post as it started with dribble so I gave up.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And you point it... sorry I did not read your whole post as it started with dribble so I gave up.

Is that a cute way to call my opinion a 'drible" not worth reading?

Of course you don't understand my point. I am sure among many other things you don't understand.

Try reading something before you disagree with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Is that a cute way to call my opinion a 'drible" not worth reading?

Of course you don't understand my point. I am sure among many other things you don't understand.

Try reading something before you disagree with it.

Its ok to be scared.

Just now, Don Mega said:

Its ok to be scared.

No it is not, if you had read my opinion and the opinion of many others you would know that fear comes from ignorance, With understanding comes concern , respect for the situation and an educated reaction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No it is not, if you had read my opinion and the opinion of many others you would know that fear comes from ignorance, With understanding comes concern , respect for the situation and an educated reaction. 

Ahh righto, your fear is based upon ignorance, I expect a healthy swallowing of media scaremongering as well.

Edited by Don Mega

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Ahh righto, your fear is based upon ignorance, I expect a healthy swallowing of media scaremongering as well.

I never expressed fear that was your characterisation. I think it is time for you to return under your bridge.  

• Haha 1

Just now, sirineou said:

I never expressed fear that was your characterisation. I think it is time for you to return under your bridge.  

well grow some balls then rather than hide behind your excuses.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Well always willing to put my hand up and say I was wrong,  Qatar has been  cancelled and its likely Thailand will as well with the season opener race being Texas early April.

If it was just up to the Thai government, then it would be going ahead with lots of false promises about public health safety...

Fortunately, I think Moto Gp decide what events will go ahead or not, similar to F1 I guess...

Just waiting on the season opener in Melbourne being cancelled...

Edited by cornishcarlos

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

If it was just up to the Thai government, then it would be going ahead with lots of false promises about public health safety...

Fortunately, I think Moto Gp decide what events will go ahead or not, similar to F1 I guess...

Just waiting on the season opener in Melbourne being cancelled...

BBC report saying Qatar cancelled because no Italian riders would make it so re' F1 it would follow no Italian drivers or cars would make Aus' either.

Maybe yes maybe no ???

On 2/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, lemonjelly said:

In all honesty, I was ranting a bit. I’ve never been to the moto gp, would love to go one day but I’ll wait till vaccinated. I’m surprised at lack of piles of cooked noodles not being on display, even though the “minister for health” (engineering degree, possibly genuine, who knows) shouldn’t be encouraging large gatherings to placate Buriram mafia at this point. 

<<We hope to promote the OR Thailand Grand Prix 2020 as a Covid-19-free race, it will increase confidence in the country and its public health system that will berecognised worldwide, resulting in moreincome for the country and its people.”>>
The government is still obsessing with tourist revenue over public health which makes me worried concerning stats re: infection rates etc in the near future. Seems like Prayut & co are challenging Hun Sen in the race for the Stupid Trophy 

It’s a point though. Lots of markets in Thailand selling food that is breathed over and prodded with fingers multiple times. Hygienic it ain’t at the best of times. 

• Like 1