Kuwait is EVACUATING its citizens from Thailand due to coronavirus

rooster59

2 hours ago, Farma said:

I was surprised to see Kuwaits neighbour Saudi introduce this form on the causeway from Bahrain .yesterday. Thailand not on the list.

20200229_042612.jpg

I hope they use a bigger sheet of paper for the next version after all new countries have been added.

Well I know one thing The australian government will not be doing the same as kuwait Because all they think about is there budget and to get it into surpless Just look what they did with that ship off Japan NOTHING and it had lots of aussie tourists on board

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My intention is to not play down the possible lethal impacts my intention is to play down definitive statements based on guesses without indicating they are guesss/estimates.Because of how contagious this outbreak seems to be the estimates seem to vary wildly which makes it easy to scare people with inaccurate data.I am looking at how this is developing,in fact I'm quite fascinated by it as are many. 

My intention was not to scare people, but was to point out why it was legitimate to be concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is current estimated flu cases in US, and the report says it is probably an under-estimate.  Covid-19 with 53 cases in US isn't even in the Northern National League Ladies Division compared to the Premier League viruses.

Man up, it's just a bad cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Kinnock said:

This is current estimated flu cases in US, and the report says it is probably an under-estimate.  Covid-19 with 53 cases in US isn't even in the Northern National League Ladies Division compared to the Premier League viruses.

Man up, it's just a bad cold.

UK. 20 confirmed cases, 1 dead.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The infection/fatality rate for Covid-19 is at least 10 times that of common flu. Wait until this is all over, see how many die and tell me that it's no worse than a common cold. Its only just starting.

You are wrong.  CFR is around 0.2%  Early reports are always too high for generally mild diseases.

Man up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

As I quoted in an earlier post I don’t recall anyone returning to there home country from Thailand and being diagnosed with Coronavirus.

Agreed. If the numbers in Thailand were an order of magnitude larger the Thai social media would be all over it, but it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The infection/fatality rate for Covid-19 is at least 10 times that of common flu. Wait until this is all over, see how many die and tell me that it's no worse than a common cold. Its only just starting.

I will.

After we've created a global recession over a bad cold, there will be a major review into how we all scared ourselves by reading data we do not understand. 

Actual fatality rate is close to seasonal flu, and nowhere near as high as Bird Flu.  It's that data is being distorted because it's just not that serious, so we have many unreported cases.

The world is a big place, people die all the time.

And the current panic resulted in the unwise and unwarranted quarantine of the Diamond Princess.  I think we'll see a major class action about that case.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1