Kuwait is EVACUATING its citizens from Thailand due to coronavirus

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The only country to ban all flights to and evacuate their citizens from Thailand is Kuwait. If the UK, USA, Germany, Australia etc etc etc start to do that, I'll start worrying. The UAE has banned its citizens from flying to Thailand but flights are still operating as normal.

Quite happy to subject the crew to the risk, I believe they still have flights operating to China and Hong Kong ?

2 hours ago, docspinoff said:

The corona virus virus would you choice to stay or leave Thailand if the government gave you a choice to evacuate at no cost to you and get you home to your own country. Where you could afford or even have free Medical treatment seems like a lot of Expat’s will be thinking about this. As Kuwait are going to evacuate its citizens. Or are Expat’s leaving already leaving?  

Hell NO, I won't go.

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and have not left Thailand since I retired 26th May 2009.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fred110 said:
3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I for one do not understand why Thailand have so few cases that alone concerns me when the Kingdom receives over a million Chinese Tourists every year . I would be interesting to know how many Chinese are currently in Thailand there are a few in the villa next to me who came for Chinese New Year I am assuming that due to the virus they cannot get a flight home.

I haven't seEn more than a few chinese in pattaya . Where are they?

nor at bangkok rachada train night market last night.  very very few chinese where before you could barely walk due to chinese inundation

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I will.

After we've created a global recession over a bad cold, there will be a major review into how we all scared ourselves by reading data we do not understand. 

Actual fatality rate is close to seasonal flu, and nowhere near as high as Bird Flu.  It's that data is being distorted because it's just not that serious, so we have many unreported cases.

The world is a big place, people die all the time.

And the current panic resulted in the unwise and unwarranted quarantine of the Diamond Princess.  I think we'll see a major class action about that case.

Cruise ships are bad places to be with any disease outbreak. Every few years we hear about an outbreak of dysentery on cruise ships which spreads like wild fire. The misinformation about COVID-19 is the major contributor to the high rate of infection on the Diamond Princess. Lock people in a closed environment and it is not surprising that the infection spreads disproportionately to the standard environment most of us live in.

Wait for the first few cases in a prison population somewhere and watch what happens

7 minutes ago, JWRC said:

Sorry, slightly off subject, but I have just read a report that in Hong Kong a dog has been diagnosed with  coronavirus.

The report I read said the animal had corona like symptoms but as yet no evidence proving COVID-19.

If it does then that will be very,very bad for dogs in China.

• Like 2

Well if the Kuwait government is going to evacuate their people from Thailand no doubt others will follow 

I can imagine quite a few are here in Thailand for Medical reasons 

The hospitals are going to take a big hit and this is big business here in  Thailand never mind the Tourist areas hotels Malls restaurants  ect

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CLW said:

After hearing about the massive number of cases in Italy it should be clear to everyone that the Thai government numbers are a lie.

Personally I’d feel much more safe from Corona virus walking around the streets of Milano than I would in Bangkok right about now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

It could be that Chinese visitors to Thailand tend to travel in tour groups that herd together and don't really mix with others and tend to go to Chinese owned restaurants and hotels. They fail to mix with others. So in could be they won't spread outside the group.

Valid point but what about staff in the hotels and restaurants ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What do they know that we don't ? 

More than likely they don't know more at all. They do have much more money than most so can Grand Stand like this. The whole country is about 1.5 million Kuwaits, how many could possibly be in Thailand at any one time?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

r allowing China to have so much of the world's retail production in a third world communist state - that is going to change big time.  Thailand having also wed itslef under the Junta to China is going to feel the pain big time. 

Risible.

9 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

It could be that Chinese visitors to Thailand tend to travel in tour groups that herd together and don't really mix with others and tend to go to Chinese owned restaurants and hotels. They fail to mix with others. So in could be they won't spread outside the group.

It could be that China banned all group tours some time ago so there will be no spreading COVID19 by Chinese tour groups.