Kuwait is EVACUATING its citizens from Thailand due to coronavirus

rooster59

No one knows the numbers for Thailand . Thousands of people are dying every day from war .normal flu. smoking and road deaths . Now the chinese have released germ warfare on the rest of the world is another add on to the death rate . let's face it it cannot be stopped .i just come back from shopping and handled loose change and paper money how do i know its not infected. i just face the fact i may get the virus and hope to survive nought else any one can do expect lock yourself away from humanity. and that's  impossible. 

seems the whole world is going into panic mode.

be lucky ...      

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PEE TEE said:

be lucky ...      

Thought you made your own luck in life? ????

Take care of your immune system, take Vit C, zinc supplement and eat well & get some Vit D from the sun, will help more than relying on luck :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If there is a global recession, it won't be caused by people panicking. It will be caused by a number of governments trying to put a lid on its spread before it gets out of control.

The mortality rate is at least 10 times higher than seasonal flu. Get your facts right.

I did.  0.2%   

The 2-3% being quoted in the media is an over estimated figure due to reporting issues, as stated in many of the source research reports.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

The infection/fatality rate for Covid-19 is at least 10 times that of common flu. Wait until this is all over, see how many die and tell me that it's no worse than a common cold. Its only just starting.

Again you're talking percentages.

Count the bodies man.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thought you made your own luck in life? ????

Take care of your immune system, take Vit C, zinc supplement and eat well & get some Vit D from the sun, will help more than relying on luck :wink:

you are correct and i do but am 71 cheers 

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What do they know that we don't ? 

maybe they have detected people with COVID-19 infections arriving from Thailand 

If that is the case then they should say so

It is the only rational explanation I can think of

This is also the second time Kuwait has pointed in the direction of Thailand

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

An overreaction, just like the stock market. I saw a British expert on virus infections on youtube, the majority of people catching corona would have symptoms similar to a cold some would have no symptoms at all and some would have influenza symptoms, only those who are already compromised healthwise due to diabetes for instance could be in danger of sever symptoms or death. I can't understand the panic BS.

The situation in Italy changed everything. This week earlier on ‘one day’ the rate went up 45% in a relatively advanced wealthy country in the prosperous parts not poor south. Moreover Italy is an open society, democratic and educated with what 6th or 7th big economy. That’s when global stock markets panicked. The official figures in Italy are far , far higher than Thailand as is Korea, Japan etc., Iran is very worrying. 

Now on economics China is a massive supplier of goods etc from IPhones, car parts, textiles, to tourists and students and medicines etc. Also China is a massive demand factor as its huge population also consume goods/ materials from USA, UK, EU , Japan, Australia and Thailand etc. It’s nearly 20 % of global economic activity. This is big. 

Finally the figures on Thailand compared to say Italy or UK ( already over 20) suggest there must be something different going on either positive or how they are recorded by the medics ....

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

You must have missed the part where they evacuated Aussies from China to Christmas Island.

Nice try at a government bash. Will you refuse your pension cheque on principle now?

Yeah i will refuse my pension  because i dont get a pension mate ok

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

You must have missed the part where they evacuated Aussies from China to Christmas Island.

Nice try at a government bash. Will you refuse your pension cheque on principle now?

But i am glad you give you a penion ok  But think nice things of me because i did pay big taxes in australia so you can get the pension lol

• Confused 1

Just now, Farma said:
Just now, RichardColeman said:

What do they know that we don't ? 

I was surprised to see Kuwaits neighbour Saudi introduce this form on the causeway from Bahrain .yesterday. Thailand not on the list.

So, to answer @RichardColeman's question, they really don't know anything different from anyone else and that includes the WHO, the CDC and any other national government agency with responsibility for communicable diseases and their control.

Winging it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

I was evacuated by the Aussie Gvt out of Cambodia once when things got a bit hairy and got myself a free ride on a Hercules plane as a consequence.

I'm neither an Aussie or a Commonwealth passport holder or had even asked them for it. 

Yet, there they were to help. And when I landed on safe grounds, free hot milo and smiles mate. 

It was awhile ago, but still. Bloody Legends.

Good for you mate. It all depends who is in government at the time Ok  I am afraid and many governments are the same it all comes down to politics

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Basically he says that he doesn't have a clue. This guy isn't a virologist. He's a nurse teacher who makes vlogs on various subjects to accumulate paypal donations. A long way from being an expert on Covid-19.

I do take quite a few grains of salt when viewing his posts and have questioned some of the things he says.He does give a few suggestions on where to look for "expert" sources of information.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubon farang said:

But i am glad you give you a penion ok  But think nice things of me because i did pay big taxes in australia so you can get the pension lol

I don't get a pension. I have never received any government payments ever. I still pay big taxes. I also don't bag the government for doing the right thing in times of need. I'm sure the people airlifted out of Wuhan agree.

Edited by emptypockets

3 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

Do you have the correct source for this? Interesting that the URL works and links to the COVID19 updates/reports page. But don't see this graph. Where/how did you find it?

3 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

Plot the "viral pneumonia" cases and see if that provides any insights. (https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php)

1216078608_Screenshotfrom2020-02-2816-00-10.png.975b19b385808281f4313a29efc43157.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I don't get a pension. I have never received any government payments ever. I still pay big taxes. I also don't bag the government for doing the right thing in times of need. I'm sure the people airlifted out of Wuhan agree.

Ok forget it have agreat day not worth the argument

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jay88 said:

What is the point of your post.

The graph clearly shows a non- linear increase in cases under investigation. That is to be expected as testing ramps up. It does not infer that infections have increased non- linearly. It sometimes helps to read the axis description.

Edited by emptypockets