Are you about to throw shade at your IMO?

On 2/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, connda said:

* Play by the rules - get penalized, put under a microscope, and harassed.  
* Pay and agent to bypass the laws - get rewarded with an easy, hassle-free renewal.

One point is missing here: one could "play by the rules" AND "pay an agent" to avoid to get "harassed". I'd do that, but I can't as there are no agents where I live. And my wife does all the talking anyway.

Edited by Boomer6969

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

According to the official statement of the US embassy, immigration changed their requirements, which the embassy couldn't meet anymore: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1065147-just-received-some-bad-news-for-us-citizens-no-more-income-affidavits/

In your opinion they are lying? Can you provide any evidence for this?

I have read the letter from the US Embassy saying it cannot provide proof of income. Nowhere does it say that this is a new rule, surely it would affect all embassies if this was the case and not just the 4 in question.

"Another official at the Immigration Bureau said the changes were ordered from the top after four embassies in Thailand – Britain, the United States, Denmark and Australia – stopped issuing affidavits certifying the monthly incomes of applicants from their respective countries.

“Therefore, the Immigration Bureau has to come up with its own methods of verifying the applicants’ financial status,” the source said on the same condition of anonymity."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/02/01/new-retiree-visa-rules-bewilder-thai-immigration-source/

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have read the letter from the US Embassy saying it cannot provide proof of income. Nowhere does it say that this is a new rule, surely it would affect all embassies if this was the case and not just the 4 in question.

From the statement of the US embassy:

The Royal Thai Government requires actual verification of income to certify visa applicants meet financial requirements for long-stay visas.

Before 2018 this was not required, so it is obviously a new rule.

Maybe the other embassies can verify the income, so it doesn't affect them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Me neither, for 30 years. Never gone near an agent, never had any problem whatsoever.

Never had a problem because previously you only had to keep B800,000 in bank for three months prior to extension.

Now it is two months prior and three months after and B400,000 for the rest of the year, which is making life more

difficult for some folk forcing them to go the agent route.

Edited by dick turpin

27 minutes ago, jackdd said:

From the statement of the US embassy:

Maybe the other embassies can verify the income, so it doesn't affect them.

But it is not a new rule, it would seem that the British Embassy for whatever reason decided to not to issue verifications for pension incomes etc and the domino effect begun with 3 other Embassies following suit, when we got to the 4th domino the rest of the pack didn't collapse, but kept on trading as normal.

Here is a link dated 2014 that indicates this.

"5.3 In case of foreign husband having any other income (not working in Thailand) such as pension, social welfare etc.

Letter from the applicant's Embassy consulate in Bangkok verified his monthly pension or other income not less than 40,000 Baht per month.

An affidavit confirming the alien's status with a Thai national. (Thailand n.d.b)"

https://www.refworld.org/docid/56f398354.html

On 2/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Hit the nail on the head.

I just do what I have to do, "the legal way" because I can afford to do it that way, and am a firm believer that there are no "real" shortcuts in life, sooner or later it will bite em in the a$$, if it doesn't, well if their existence here is at the whims of corrupt immigration officers and agents, well they deserve every baht they throw away at them, now what if tomorrow the price went up and up and up, oh well, I will enjoy my years supply of beers as opposed to wasting it on corrupt IO's and agents who are laughing at the poor farangs.

Each to their own, but seriously, what an existence to be living here in Thailand, i.e. unless they had unforeseen circumstances happen to them, like a Thai partner ripping them off etc etc etc, but for those who have worked all of their lives who couldn't put 800,000 baht in the bank, well, I'm lost for words.

I have been taking "shortcuts" all my adult life and have never been bitten in the a$$.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, sanemax said:

I dont want a Thai Elite  visa either 

I would not buy an Elite Visa even if I was a millionaire 10 times over. No one gets

any money for nothing from me, unless of course I approve of it.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have been taking "shortcuts" all my adult life and have never been bitten in the a$$.

So have I, but don't tell anyone, but not when it comes to immigration, as there is no need too, as for the taxman, $hit yeh ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So have I, but don't tell anyone, but not when it comes to immigration, as there is no need too, as for the taxman, $hit yeh ????

Taxman, council tax man, Car taxman, electric and gasman, TV licence man, want me to go on? ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I've been bitten in the ass plenty, but only when I was doing everything 100% legit.

Everything I ever did that was a bit 'naughty' I got clean away with!

The western world punishes honesty are rewards liars and cheats.

(as far as I can see)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

No I havn't been sleeping for the last few years, but awfully decent of you to ask.

The point being the Thai Immigration did not change anything untill the British, American, Australian and Danish Embassies changed the way they did things. It was the Embassies that moved the goal posts and not IO.

As for the TM30 that has been in operation for donkeys years, maybe they are beginning to enforce it now, I thought you liked everything to be done legal?

And do you really believe the embassies did this on their own? A naïve assumption IMO.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been bitten in the ass plenty, but only when I was doing everything 100% legit.

Everything I ever did that was a bit 'naughty' I got clean away with!

The western world punishes honesty are rewards liars and cheats.

(as far as I can see)

Can't disagree  with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am not sorry to disappoint you, as they say, having money does make your life much easier, add to that, happier, less stress, less worries, but then again, you gotta work for it, plan and invest as opposed to sit on a bar stool spending it away and then having to use agents....booo....hooo

On a more serious note, good luck to you, if you can pay an agent and are allowed to stay in Thailand albeit "legally" just keep an eye out for the smart car when they need those numbers for the month, never know what they might do, because the way I hear it, nothing is guaranteed using an agent, oi ????

Keep in mind the agent is just the go between ,don’t see the smart car outside the “main office” anytime soon.I think their working on getting your 800k(boo hoo I heard that from an agent, not in a bar)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, albertik said:

And do you really believe the embassies did this on their own? A naïve assumption IMO.

Other than the Brit, Aus, US and Danish Embassies they havn't done a very good job, but I'm always willing to look at your links that you must have to make such a profound statement, I'm waiting.????

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Keep in mind the agent is just the go between ,don’t see the smart car outside the “main office” anytime soon.I think their working on getting your 800k(boo hoo I heard that from an agent, not in a bar)

Of course they are, they have been set up by immigration to feed them, compliments of the cheap Charlie's. I am on a marriage extension, 400,000k, and if they got their hands on that, well they can have it, stocks I own dropped about that much last week, not in the least concerned as they will go back up, but seriously, if that was their best shot, good luck to them, would make it back eventually with the opportunities on offer as the is dipping, and when the market starts to come to grips with the Coronavirus not being as bad as everyone thinks it is from the media reports which is fuelling the panic, I will be smiling as usual. 

:coffee1:

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Other than the Brit, Aus, US and Danish Embassies they havn't done a very good job, but I'm always willing to look at your links that you must have to make such a profound statement, I'm waiting.????

As I indicated, I am of the opinion that the 4 embassies did not do this simultaneously of their own accord. I reiterate that IMO it would be naïve to think this, as it would be naïve to think there is a link where the powers that be would admit to this.

19 hours ago, vogie said:

But surely it was not the IO that changed the rules, it was the relevant Embassies that decided that route was no longer available as an option.

Rumour had it, Immigration were requiring that the Embassies truly validated the incomes it's citizens were claiming. Some baulked, not having the facilities or rights to do this, some already complied to a degree. some did not take it seriously. Sadly, the ones that baulked serviced the majority that needed them. 

• Thanks 1

Time to end the off topic discussion about getting proof of income from an embassy. It was discussed ad nauseum in topics that were started almost a year and half ago. 

All further posts about it will be removed.

• Sad 1