Surin: Children for sale for sex - crackdown on karaoke bars in north east Thailand

rooster59

17 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Very sad but welcome to Thailand or even the Far East. This/these places cater for Thai men exclusively just like 90% of the industry. It's everywhere in Thailand and some places look like massive hotels all lined up in a very long street in BKk. 

I have an apartment in Ratchada, Huay Kwang, just about every building down that road caters for Thais, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, you name it.........  I live not too far from The big Pink Poseidon........ And it's not a boating club....... well, in a way.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I have an apartment in Ratchada, Huay Kwang, just about every building down that road caters for Thais, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, you name it.........  I live not too far from The big Pink Poseidon........ And it's not a boating club....... well, in a way.....

Oh! I gather they have a Man in the Boat, wee after school Special? ????  

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, NanLaew said:

I always thought it strange that a Buddhist country could have so many Santa's Grotto's especially way out in the boonies.

Simply because Thai people are not true Buddhists.

(And I am the son of the Pope, does that suit you as an explanation?)
It is a very thin layer of Buddhism over other layers of animism and beliefs in ghosts.
When you cross villages in Isaan, the most flowery place is an erect sex; for me nothing to do with Buddhism.

22 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Been going on for years, kids used to brought down from the North and sold in Klong Toey twenty five years ago, all under control of Thais i might add........ There's some pretty deviant Thais as well as Farangs.....  Sadly and ashamedly so poor families used to sell their daughters into bonded labour, slavery for want of a better word to a Thai pimp, looks like it's still going on........  Land of smiles eh ?   just take a look under the vaneer, you'll fill your draws ...... 

And when in a few years Thailand will have become a Chinese province, it will be much worse.

1 minute ago, Mitkof Island said:

Maybe Thailand should focus more on the foreign girly bars. Besides just checking their visas they should be able to round up a few thousand over stayers and foreign criminals. Pattaya alone likely thousands

Oh here we go again. Have you ever been to Pattaya? More completely nonsensical Pattaya bashing.

• Like 2

I would think the underage workers comes from neighboring countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. A lot easier for the mamasan to "handle them" and hide them. 

On 2/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, TheFishman1 said:

I thought everybody told me prostitution in Thailand was illegal how are all these bars having all these women but then again no prostitution in Thailand and as far as being a country with Buddhist believe or just money hungry seems like to be a lot of that fake stuff going around here in this country 

Oh het over yourself prostitution exist in every country on earth legal are not.

As for playing the buddhist card,name me one beleif system that is prostitute free as well. 

On 2/29/2020 at 5:20 AM, Ireland32 said:

Despicable places , should all be Closed , Rip -Off Clip joints , Drug you and  take your money Or Overcharge, I woke up to a Bill for 36 shots of Tequila, I remember 1 only and both girls I was with were both passed out in toilet, they just drugged everybody, without a Care

So that makes you part of the problem then doesn't it?

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:
On 2/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, TheFishman1 said:

I thought everybody told me prostitution in Thailand was illegal how are all these bars having all these women but then again no prostitution in Thailand and as far as being a country with Buddhist believe or just money hungry seems like to be a lot of that fake stuff going around here in this country 

Oh het over yourself prostitution exist in every country on earth legal are not.

As for playing the buddhist card,name me one beleif system that is prostitute free as well. 

I think it was tongue in cheek ????

On 2/29/2020 at 6:07 PM, Scot123 said:

Very sad but welcome to Thailand or even the Far East. This/these places cater for Thai men exclusively just like 90% of the industry. It's everywhere in Thailand and some places look like massive hotels all lined up in a very long street in BKk. 

Not just Thais, just to name one defunct bar Black and White in Soi Cowboy. this was known to employ very young girls including a 13 year old from Surin, years ago. Foreign customers used to discuss her services on forums as if it was quite normal. Don't try to justify what goes on in foreign areas by pointing the finger at Thais, it's not a nationality problem but men from all backgrounds abusing children. Prostitution is a nasty business for all concerned.

Edited by Orton Rd