New coronavirus infection in Thailand takes tally to 42

rooster59

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I give it a month and everything will be almost back to normal, the panic served it's purpose and the rich just became richer, make of that what you will.

Yes fear creates panic, but what is the panic about, nothing more than another strain of influenza which kills 500,000 plus people a year worldwide, but we don't hear of that, do we.

If your old, 80+ and have a weak immune system, or have a pre-existing respiratory condition or diabetes, I would be worried to go out until a vaccination is made, as for the rest of us, soldier on as tomorrow you could get bitten with a mosquito and get Malaria which kills around a million, yes a million people a year, or if you get influenza it kills 500,000 + a year, road deaths 1.25 million a year. Now do you feel better ? 

As far as I am aware, Cornoavirus is not just another strain of the flu, it is a different virus... as for giving it a month and thinking everything will be back to normal, you are clearly choosing to ignore the economic consequences, and the time/effect of the virus spreading in Thailand and other SE Asian countries.

Now when you say the flu kills 500,000 people every year, does that make it ok ?... and if there had been an opportunity to have stopped it would you be saying "it will only kill 500,000 a year, don't bother trying to stop it"...

As regards fear creating panic, true, but ignorance creates fear that then creates panic and you are doing very little to alleviate the ignorance.

As regards this being a device to just make the rich richer, I am not sure where your logic stands on that.. as the stock markets have gone into a tail spin, then I guess you as one of the rich, can pile in and ride the next wave up and become even richer.. nothing stopping you... and then being the wonderful sort of chap you are, you could donate some of the extra millions you have just made....

Another man gets Coronavirus. 

However his wife doesn't.

But she shared the same prison cell--I mean cruise ship cabin. ????

I have the coronavirus. So far, it hasn’t that bad for me.

"My treatment has largely consisted of drinking gallons and gallons of Gatorade"

Whaaaat?  Why not Corona Beer?  Hair of the dog and all that. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

Is this affecting any specific race?.

example,  

Fact:

Sickle cell anemia specifically effects the black ( African ) race.

start asking the hard questions.

Is this a weapon?

If so, who are the actors?

Is China culling it’s population as part of its deal?

Is it willing to destroy its ( and the worlds ) ecosystem for money?

Is it possible the LOS is a willing participant? 

What is the end, and by what means is it justified?

unconfirmed: o2 (oxygen) is the cure.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It does however affect men more than women.  Look it up. ✓

It's not certain yet. The thing is that all studies with a decent sample size comes from China. High percentage of Chinese men smoke vs women. Now they think smoking is not a major risk as much as the fact that these men keep touching their mouth and hand. 

Edited by Tayaout

18 hours ago, Kemp87 said:

Not sure about regular daily increases, normal Thai folk can’t afford to be tested. And they won’t test you unless you’ve been China/japan/Korea. Defies all logic, it’s all about money again, but it’ll be Thailand’s downfall unfortunately, as they’ll lose way more when the economy collapses. Korea is testing about 50,000 per day.

They use fear to earn 

On Saturday 29 February, a police vehicle chaperoned another pick-up spraying some chemical all along Soi 6 in Pattaya. The few bargirls and managers came out and recorded this unusual behaviour on their phones.

The extraordinary event is showing on youtube. Search "Soi 6 spraying for virus" to locate and view it.

Was any other street in Pattaya sprayed like this? Or any street in Thailand? 

If the police were involved, then it was an official act but not publicised anywhere.

What was the spray and how is spraying it in the air going to defeat a virus?

Why Soi 6 and nowhere else?

Strange one,this.

Edited by Sevenbells

12 minutes ago, Sevenbells said:

On Saturday 29 February, a police vehicle chaperoned another pick-up spraying some chemical all along Soi 6 in Pattaya. The few bargirls and managers came out and recorded this unusual behaviour on their phones.

The extraordinary event is showing on youtube. Search "Soi 6 spraying for virus" to locate and view it.

Was any other street in Pattaya sprayed like this? Or any street in Thailand? 

If the police were involved, then it was an official act but not publicised anywhere.

Why Soi 6 and nowhere else?

Strange one,this.

My street has been done twice in recent weeks. Mosquito repellant.

24 minutes ago, Sevenbells said:

From what I have read the virus is quite easy to kill if it's outside a body and most disinfectants like dettol will kill it even soap works. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Just now, Sevenbells said:

On Soi 6? 

No, that's not it.

Why? Don't you think that they get mossies on Soi 6? Bit of a plague of them at the moment in Pattaya, which is why my street has been done twice. Probably at the request of the bar owners due to customer complaints. Most of the bars on that Soi are open bars. Nothing worse than being sat in a bar being eaten alive by mossies.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

From what I have read the virus is quite easy to kill if it's outside a body and most disinfectants like detol will kill it even soap works. 

Every public health expert lists "wash your hands frequently with disinfectant soap" as the number one best preventative

18 hours ago, christophe75 said:

And "treatment".... what does it mean ? A paracetamol pill ? Or artificial respirator ?

Until february 10, the daily report gave the number for "isolation room" (15).

At least.... that was useful (isolation room =  serious cases or serious suspicions)

And of course.. they stopped to publish.

You can check it out.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no38-100263.pdf

The trick is of course obvious, raw, even vulgar.

But it works ! People (small red fishes) do not care, do not pay attention to details, and have no memory...

This short video shows how it is treated and steps to prevent getting infected:

I don't understand where the mainland Chinese tourists are coming from (to Thailand) ??

My Chinese friends (engineers etc.) living in large cities in mid, east and SE China, are NOT PERMITTED to travel. 2 of them want urgently to come to Thailand for buzzing meetings....but are "locked down" (btw not in or near Hubei province).

Separate observations ;

Thais do not hug and kiss,  and rarely hold hands. So probably a good thing culturally.

Italians sure do. Mamma Mia!

Secondly, Chinese men smoking.....yes lots do. But if you observe their style of holding and smoking a cigarette (dear Watson), fingers and mouth do not or rarely,  touch.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, Mavideol said:

the "magic" way of reporting in Thailand, they all went to the same "military" mathematics..... Italy with minor quantity of Chinese tourists when compared to Thailand and has more than 600 infected people.... but magic Thailand has ONLY 42 cases, who are they trying to mislead, are they that stxxid, any person with a little bit of a brain will understand that their numbers are almost impossible to accept

Not immpossible, most virus happen during cold/winter months. Italy is in winter. Most virus don't spread well in high humidity and heat. Common weather for Thailand.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I give it a month and everything will be almost back to normal, the panic served it's purpose and the rich just became richer, make of that what you will.

Yes fear creates panic, but what is the panic about, nothing more than another strain of influenza which kills 500,000 plus people a year worldwide, but we don't hear of that, do we.

If your old, 80+ and have a weak immune system, or have a pre-existing respiratory condition or diabetes, I would be worried to go out until a vaccination is made, as for the rest of us, soldier on as tomorrow you could get bitten with a mosquito and get Malaria which kills around a million, yes a million people a year, or if you get influenza it kills 500,000 + a year, road deaths 1.25 million a year. Now do you feel better ? 

Which country are you referring to? With the minimum incubation period of 1/2 a month, still not fully understood, and currently unknown sources of spread in the UK, US, Iran, Italy, Thailand, S. Korea, to name only a few, I assume for those countries you're advocating a national lockdown? No? So how will the current unknown sources be found and quarantined in a month - unless each "spreader" is found within the next 15 days? Are you denying that the coronavirus numbers are currently growing in those places? China is the only example of a slowing down in daily statistics. It's on lockdown. So I guess you are advocating that. Even Thailand - which you must be referring to primarily I guess - will statistically need all unknown spreaders off the streets. Then there's possibility of further imported cases. Your prognosis looks hopeful - at best.

Edited by Arthur Mullard

1 hour ago, Arthur Mullard said:

I give it a month and everything will be almost back to normal, the panic served it's purpose

This was supposed to be taken as, it's in the system now, no stopping it, so it will be accepted as another virus out there.

1 hour ago, Arthur Mullard said:

Are you denying that the coronavirus numbers are currently growing in those places?

Absolutely the opposite, it can't be stopped.

WHO Says Virus Won’t Just Disappear in Warm Months (11:30 a.m. NY)

“It’s a false hope to say it will just disappear in the summer like influenza,” said Mike Ryan, head of the World Health Organization’s emergency programs".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-05/nyc-urges-self-isolation-for-visitors-to-5-nations-virus-update?srnd=premium-asia

If true that kinda blows away the idea that the hot weather in Thailand may help slow the spread of the virus.

Edited by saengd