Corona and quarantine dilllema

This Coronavirus BS is turning into a logistical nightmare. I am due to make a visa run by March 15 to get my 1 year Non-B visa. Only place around here I can get that is in Kota Bharu. Malaysia is on the list of infected countries, so when I get back from the visa run I can't go to work at school for 2 weeks per Dept Of Education orders (mandatory quarantine). I have all of April off (school holiday), so.... I want to get an extension on my current Non-B (single entry) so I can work until the end of March, then do my Visa run during the holiday so I don't miss any work. My question is.... will getting a visa extension nullify my ability to get a one-year multiple entry Non-B visa? I know Kota Bharu has a lot of arbitrary rules and restrictions that no other Thai embassy has. Anyone know about this one?

6 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

If I understand correctly he said it's a requirement from the ministry of education. He can enter Thailand but can't go to work for 2 weeks. 

The quarantining is only for China, Japan and South Korea and possibley Italy now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, wharfdaddy said:

I want to get an extension on my current Non-B (single entry)

No short term extension is available unless you are married to a Thai person in which case you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife - The only other extension available is a 12 month extension based on working which could be applied for with the support of the school.

8 hours ago, homemade514 said:

Vietnam and Malaysia are now on the MOE list. You will need to quarantine if you go. 

Do you have something to support what you wrote. I have seen no updates to the news article I posted a link to.

Malaysia does not fall into the same outbreak category as those shown.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The quarantining is only for China, Japan and South Korea and possibley Italy now.

How about if you are transiting through Tokyo ( 1:30 layover in Narita) enroute to BKK ? Will you have to quarantine on arrival in BKK ?

13 minutes ago, MrRic said:

How about if you are transiting through Tokyo ( 1:30 layover in Narita) enroute to BKK ? Will you have to quarantine on arrival in BKK ?

Not if you are only transiting through Japan. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Potential nightmare in the making for all you guys having to your visa surely they have to come up with something

No sure what visas you are writing about or refering to.

At this time there is no restrictions for travel to neighboring countries.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have something to support what you wrote. I have seen no updates to the news article I posted a link to.

Malaysia does not fall into the same outbreak category as those shown.

See attached photos. In Thai. But again this is from the MOE, and is in regards to those involved with schools (teachers, students, parents) - if you travel to said nations, you need to 14 day quarantine before entering school again. 

08E92520-7BE3-47FD-8DA3-26AF46835051.png

01068773-071F-4252-A3F7-C397D510A55B.png

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Issued earlier from school and yesterday from MOPH. Keep up. 

I don't consider a school a reliable source of info. They can have their own requirements.

I am just referencing info that has been in the news.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Once he learns to hover he could  maybe  fly? 555

Sensible  advise though. ????

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't consider a school a reliable source of info. They can have their own requirements.

I am just referencing info that has been in the news.

The order came out early from Minister of Education and MOPH and was update Thursday to include Iran and Italy.

• Like 1

Now that Thailand has COVID19 death, expect tighter regulations and travel restrictions. Choose were you travel carefully as you may not be allowed back or mandatory quarantine. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

If you must then be careful at the airports and wear the right gear, especially on the plane - and dont touch any surfaces other people can touch.  

Yeah, like the fingerprint scanner!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time there is no restriction for entering from Malaysia since it is not considered a infected country yet that requires you to be quarantined.

What about the Olympics? We have airline tickets to Tokyo we were supposed to fly but now they’re talking about cancelling the Olympics! So I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if the tickets are refundable yet. I’ve been looking online everywhere frantically for the last 24 hours trying to get an idea of what might happen with the Olympics! We were supposed to fly in May and stay in Tokyo all summer but now I don’t know. Is japan on the list? That’s still 3 months away from the Olympics