Corona and quarantine dilllema

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It isn't that simple is it? Do you divide the total number of cases in Wuhan with the population of Wuhan, Or is it Hubei cases by Hubei population or China's cases by China's population?

Citing 96 cases in the USA, as you did,  and saying, ....quote...

Perspective.... 

That is why I am asking. How do countries evaluate whether a country is high or low risk.

Is it based on total number of cases or other formulas?

17 minutes ago, EricTh said:

That is why I am asking. How do countries evaluate whether a country is high or low risk.

Is it based on total number of cases or other formulas?

I seriously do not know, but expect total number of cases is what is being used at the moment. I know I am not going to Wuhan nor Northern Italy, Pattaya, I have no concerns. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I seriously do not know, but expect total number of cases is what is being used at the moment. I know I am not going to Wuhan nor Northern Italy, Pattaya, I have no concerns. 

Point is tho, what best to do if we had to leave. Go home where it’s present,or pick another place . I have Aussie mates who need to go back temporarily for varying reasons in the next month but now are unsure.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Point is tho, what best to do if we had to leave. Go home where it’s present,or pick another place . I have Aussie mates who need to go back temporarily for varying reasons in the next month but now are unsure.

They are not stopping people re-entering their own countries, quarantine might be an issue. 

I expect going back to your own country is the best idea, or get stranded elsewhere. 

You may be interested to know, Ministry of Health has updated the listed countries. Here is an email I just received:

Dear Parents,

Following recommendations from the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, we are asking that all students, parents, faculty, and staff who have traveled or transited through China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Italy, Iran, France, and Germany or who have family members who have returned from these regions, remain out of school for 14 days from the time they returned to Thailand. The current date of travel is from March 1, 2020.

*Malaysia and Vietnam REMOVED list.

*France and Germany ADDED to the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh thank goodness turns out my Tokyo tickets for May are refundable according to ANA. ANA is a good airline always has been. I was looking forward to it we were planning a trip to Tokyo for most of the summer during the Olympics but we’ll see how that goes. They said I can wait and see and if it’s still an issue they will refund. 

52 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

out of curiosity, are there anyone travelling to Thailand for travel lately?  Reason asking as iam from UK and wish to travel but if i come back i am abit concerned of quarantinne?

No issues in Thailand and UK not imposing quarantine on those returning.

Biggest issue might be carriers cancelling flights due to low numbers.

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Has that been experienced?

I was due to fly Osaka march 18. AirAsia cancelled flight. Next available is march 30. However April return has only 3 flights. So answer is YES. I get some refund maybe and not much from Airbnb for accommodation