BANGKOK
sanuk711

The Lotto price

Has the price of the Lotto ticket gone up to 100 Baht ?

I don't usually buy them, but I was getting a birthday card for a daughter and wanted to put a few Lotto tickets into it..........Yes I'm a big spender when it comes to birthdays etc.

The price here in Nakon Nowhere seems to be 100 Baht, is it the same in Pattaya /BKK ? 

It doesn't seem that long ago that the mighty Thai army declared that 40 Baht was the price---and no more.

• Confused 2

Should be 85 by law but selling price is 100 baht here in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Official price is 80THB

Usually not too difficult to find shops selling them for 80.

The people who walk arround and sell them usually ask for 100THB, but these people usually buy them for 90THB, so they won't sell them for less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Fun Fact The GLO prints 37 million pairs of lottery tickets for each draw.

• Haha 1

The price is 80 Baht, many sellers past the scare of 2014 (coup) have again brought the price to 100 Baht, if you want to report the police you will only get a bad answer and no other reaction.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

But it is not the sellers making a profit - they have to buy at inflated prices from those with the connections and pay for the honor.

"But it is not the sellers making a profit..."

Yes, it is!  There is profit all along the line, unless you think that the vendors sell for the same price that they paid their supplier!  What would be the point of that, may as well stay at home!

• Like 1

I know its 80 and argued with gf 1 month ago in Pattaya. She said now is 100. And yes they always try to sell 3x same tickets lol

38 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"But it is not the sellers making a profit..."

Yes, it is!  There is profit all along the line, unless you think that the vendors sell for the same price that they paid their supplier!  What would be the point of that, may as well stay at home!

Of course there is profit involved but the higher price is not extra profit going into the sellers pocket - he had to pay an inflated price for the ticket.  He can make little or no profit selling at the marked price.

I know that.  You're the one who said in your post that "it is not the sellers making a profit", not me!