Land deed: Legal or Scam?

I remember when I was a kid and one of the cereal companies was running a promotion where they were trading you a square inch of land in the Alaska "Gold Country " for X number of box tops

I received a Land Title Deed in the mail for "My Claim" 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Did I buy LEGALLY a piece of land in Thailand as a foreigner or not?

I'm not sure but next time do what I do and buy land here. I am very near the Apollo landing site. Very hip.

https://www.lunarland.com/

"It is true! You too can become a Lunar Land Owner by purchasing acres of land on the Moon. LUNAR LAND company is THE WORLDS MOST RECOGNIZED CELESTIAL REAL ESTATE AGENCY and has been selling land on the Moon for decades. Lunar Land is one of THE FIRST companies in the world to file for a legal TRADEMARK and COPYRIGHT for the sale of extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to get your very own piece of land on the moon."

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

There are "" legal "" ways, that have come under contest by the government.  It also depends on YOUR nationality.

Well not that I myself want to own land it belongs to my wife anyway what I  paid for.

So what do you know I don't.? 

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

It says you bought the land for the temple.

As the previous poster said, probably just a certificate of donation, kind of like a receipt.

So you don't own any land ????

Same same but different lol

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You cannot own land in Thailand unless you're Thai. 

yes you can

there are explicit provisions in the relevant Thai statute that allows for

land ownership by foreigners

and those provisions have been in pace for quite some years now

22 hours ago, Confuscious said:

But yesterday, another friend of mine, purchased/donated in another temple a piece of land and got a "Chanotte".
Fully legal according to her.

–About as legal as the 1000-baht notes a monk was handing out – he became extremely popular among the Thai ladies...

wIMG_4632-33_money-munk.jpg.3f282a0d7523caa6f7692d34d2fa2ff5.jpg

It's "good luck money" to be kept, then more money is coming. I can confirm that the last part is true...????

Money-note.jpg.93e0d6ff8cb9728bed25fba8a4accc2a.jpg

Just keep the deeds in a safe place, then more land might me coming your way...????

On 2/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, Kwasaki said:

You cannot own land in Thailand unless you're Thai. 

Or as foreigner got a 40 million baht "investment visa" that allow you to own up to 1 rai of land...????

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:
1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Or as foreigner got a 40 million baht "investment visa" that allow you to own up to 1 rai of land...????

There's a Whow !  then. ????

Also possible throigh BOI approved investment

https://www.siam-legal.com/realestate/thailand-property-foreigner.php

Board of Investment (BOI)

A foreigner, who invests in a minimum of at least one million Baht in Thailand for no minimum prescribed period of time, is entitled to buy up to 20 Rai of land for residential purposes for employees. However only 10 Rai for executives and directors of the Company. However, it must be noted that although it may be permissible to own up to 10 or 20 Rai, this depends on how large or small your company is and the activities involved, which will then be ultimately up to the discretion of the Board of Investment. This land brought also has to be located in the same area where the Company is located. The Board of Investment may also grant privileges to the applying company permission to own land if it will be used for an activity promoted by Board of Investment, however this must not exceed 5 rai and must be owned by a foreign company and also deal with the activity requested of. Please also bear in mind that permission from the Ministry of Interior must be obtained before any such grant.

Edited by Susco

24 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I have some land on the moon if you're still interested.

I'll even print the deed in Thai, if you prefer. ????

I've bought the area where the American flag is and would sell it very cheap.

Only 25,000 baht with all the right documents. That includes the translation into any language you prefer. 

Haven't we met on the moon just recently? ????????

Edited by Isaanbiker

25 minutes ago, Susco said:

A foreigner, who invests in a minimum of at least one million Baht in Thailand for no minimum prescribed period of time, is entitled to buy up to 20 Rai of land for residential purposes for employees. However only 10 Rai for executives and directors of the Company. However, it must be noted that although it may be permissible to own up to 10 or 20 Rai, this depends on how large or small your company is and the activities involved, which will then be ultimately up to the discretion of the Board of Investment. This land brought also has to be located in the same area where the Company is located. The Board of Investment may also grant privileges to the applying company permission to own land if it will be used for an activity promoted by Board of Investment, however this must not exceed 5 rai and must be owned by a foreign company and also deal with the activity requested of. Please also bear in mind that permission from the Ministry of Interior must be obtained before any such grant.

As usual you are talking money that would make sense, I just state the normality of most people coming to live from another country. 

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Thanks, but the owner here is a company, not a foreign individual.

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, but the owner here is a company, not a foreign individual.

But the company is wholly owned by the foreigner

https://blog.listglobally.com/different-ways-foreigners-can-own-property-in-thailland/

The Board of Investment (BOI)

Any foreigner wishing to promote a business or invest in Thailand may be granted specific privileges, like the permission to own land.

The Investment Promotion Act grant sincentives to the business, not the individual, but under the BOI scheme a foreigner may control their Thai business, something which can not be done with a conventional Thai Company Ltd. And if they control the company, it means they also have control over any land owned by the company.

Any foreigner who is in a position to utilise the BOI scheme is also afforded legal control of a Thai property.