Land deed: Legal or Scam?

38 minutes ago, Susco said:

But the company is wholly owned by the foreigner

https://blog.listglobally.com/different-ways-foreigners-can-own-property-in-thailland/

The Board of Investment (BOI)

Any foreigner wishing to promote a business or invest in Thailand may be granted specific privileges, like the permission to own land.

The Investment Promotion Act grant sincentives to the business, not the individual, but under the BOI scheme a foreigner may control their Thai business, something which can not be done with a conventional Thai Company Ltd. And if they control the company, it means they also have control over any land owned by the company.

Any foreigner who is in a position to utilise the BOI scheme is also afforded legal control of a Thai property.

It's still the company that is the owner, not a foreign individual.

And such foreign companies are normally major business like big resorts, where BOI has a limit of investment. I've heard (read) 500 million baht as minimum mention a couple of times. I presume that it could also be for example a car manufacturer that wish to make a factory.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 4:22 PM, Confuscious said:

The temple is the owner of the land, but several people can buy a piece of the land from the owner.

Congratulations..... you now own 0.000000000000001 percent, subject to Thai citizenship test.

You have unlocked the secrets of the temples!!!  You are now Level 2 Farang.  Level 10 Farang gets married and buys 100 houses.  

On 3/1/2020 at 7:46 AM, Langsuan Man said:

I remember when I was a kid and one of the cereal companies was running a promotion where they were trading you a square inch of land in the Alaska "Gold Country " for X number of box tops

I received a Land Title Deed in the mail for "My Claim" 

I had a certificate owning a square inch of the moon,

Back when Pan-Am were taking reservations.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, NCC1701A said:

I'm not sure but next time do what I do and buy land here. I am very near the Apollo landing site. Very hip.

https://www.lunarland.com/

"It is true! You too can become a Lunar Land Owner by purchasing acres of land on the Moon. LUNAR LAND company is THE WORLDS MOST RECOGNIZED CELESTIAL REAL ESTATE AGENCY and has been selling land on the Moon for decades. Lunar Land is one of THE FIRST companies in the world to file for a legal TRADEMARK and COPYRIGHT for the sale of extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to get your very own piece of land on the moon."

I'm going to do this then wait for the first lunar colony to be built then sue them for encroachment. :wai:

On 3/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, NCC1701A said:

I'm not sure but next time do what I do and buy land here. I am very near the Apollo landing site. Very hip.

https://www.lunarland.com/

"It is true! You too can become a Lunar Land Owner by purchasing acres of land on the Moon. LUNAR LAND company is THE WORLDS MOST RECOGNIZED CELESTIAL REAL ESTATE AGENCY and has been selling land on the Moon for decades. Lunar Land is one of THE FIRST companies in the world to file for a legal TRADEMARK and COPYRIGHT for the sale of extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to get your very own piece of land on the moon."

I remember that. 

I bought a couple properties, one for each on my nephew and niece. Impressive looking land deeds, wonder if they still have them?

With the renewed interest in Lunar colonization might be worth some big money now :whistling: