Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Fisticuffs at a Thai wedding! Mother of the bride faints as daughter's day is ruined

rooster59

Fisticuffs at a Thai wedding! Mother of the bride faints as daughter's day is ruined

weddding.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

It should be a parent's proudest day and the happiest day of a young woman's life.

But a wedding in the north east of Thailand yesterday turned to disaster as fists flew and chairs were hurled as guests started a mass brawl.

Things were so bad that the mother of the bride had to be taken to hospital after she fainted.

The police managed to regain order after they were called to the wedding celebration in front of the bride's house in Nang Rong district of Buriram.

wed2.JPG

The bride said she was sitting near the stage when a melee developed after one person fell over during some dancing and guests got upset.

Her sister was hit in the face and eyebrow by flying debris, she said.

Thai Rath delved deeper and discovered that her mum ended up in hospital after fainting from the stress of it all.

Apparently she suffers from kidney disease too.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-29
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe you were drinking some whilst typing your post.:cheesy:????????????

Never drunk loa koa, can you tell us what its like.

Paint stripper, which is why they make ya dong out of it

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Col-it's a common drink from where I come from..

1/3 Coca Cola

1/3 Curacao

1/3 koala spittle

Shaken but never stirred...

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

It is an error by inversion of the letters a and o, so lao kao... I suppose you understood too but you could not resist naughty boy????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Google Translated it for me.  ????

From the inquiry, the bride said that he saw the whole event He sat at the table near the stage. A group of friends dancing in front of the stage After a while, someone fell to the group of teenagers. Causing resentment and not understanding each other, thinking that they were arguing Therefore smash each other in chaos The older sister was hit by a crossfire causing the eyebrows to break. There are wounds on the face. 

Reporters reported that During this chaotic event The bride's mother even fainted. Because there is stress with the said event That occurred within the daughter's wedding In addition, there is a chronic kidney disease. Initially, the staff had brought the injured to Nang Rong Hospital and the police were able to control the incident until it was calm.

Which is why us translators still have paid work....

Rooster

• Like 1

When we were arranging to get married I asked my wife if she wanted the big village wedding, or just the formal or both.

She said no way we would pay for a village wedding as it would just end up with fighting, unless we invited (and paid) for some police to attend. Nuff said ????.

So sounds like a normal wedding to me.

Coincidentally we passed on an invite to a wedding party just a few nights ago in the village, and guess what? Yep free HongThong = disagreement.

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

district of Buriram.

7 minutes ago, Saltire said:

When we were arranging to get married I asked my wife if she wanted the big village wedding, or just the formal or both.

She said no way we would pay for a village wedding as it would just end up with fighting, unless we invited (and paid) for some police to attend. Nuff said ????.

So sounds like a normal wedding to me.

Coincidentally we passed on an invite to a wedding party just a few nights ago in the village, and guess what? Yep free HongThong = disagreement.

Where your wife village? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Sangkhla Buri near the Myanmar border, why do you ask?

Because you say in your wife village people will fight at the wedding.

i go to 100+ wedding. Nobody fight. If recieve invitation go wedding in Sangkhlaburi, I will not go. Thank you.

One time at a funeral, yes. Big fight (alcohol idiot).

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:

One time at a funeral, yes. Big fight (alcohol idiot).

Hell I went to a wake once where the coffin was filled with ice and beer. It got ugly.

• Like 1