Covid-19: TAT admissions! Tourism cut in half but still plenty of Chinese in town

rooster59

Covid-19: TAT admissions! Tourism cut in half but still plenty of Chinese in town

047841CE-2DF6-4A84-B160-002C7C1B6273-750x536.jpeg

Image: Talk News Online

The head of the Prajuab Khirikhan TAT office has made some surprising admissions.

Soraya Hormcheum was commenting to Talk News Online about the current coronavirus crisis.

She admitted that hotels in the province in places like Hua Hin have occupancy rates of just 52.8%.

Guests are 58% Thai and 42% foreigners.

The foreigners were mostly Europeans but she further admitted that 10-15% of the foreigners were Chinese.

She said that she was working with associations in the Hua Hin/Cha-Am area to promote hotel visits midweek.

And she was helping with promoting online bookings.

Source: Talk News Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-29
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, CanuckThai said:

Tat say there are still plenty of Chinese I was in weekend market sunday at it was totally dead and no Chinese farang it was not over run maybe now they are realizing tat it right what the saying all good things and the good time must come to a end nothing last for ever maybe now they are seeing the light 

On 2/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, NCC1701A said:

you can see my house in that photo.

Oh, the little fibro turquoise blue one at the forefront of the photo.

i suspect that may well be an old chicken coup, guess the rents a good price though.