Chiang Mai’s air quality worst in the world

rooster59

Chiang Mai’s air quality worst in the world

By THE NATION

800_335a63184e55360.jpg

Chiang Mai’s air-quality ranking took a severe hit, with the city being named the worst in the world, followed by Mumbai, Kathmandu and Kolkata, the application Air Visual revealed on Saturday (February 29) as of 11.37am.

The application showed Chiang Mai’s average pollution at 193, with particulate matter less than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) at 137.8 micrograms per cubic metre.

According to the Air Quality Index, air quality between 0 to 50 is healthy, 51 to 100 is moderate, 101 to 150 is unhealthy for sensitive groups, 151 to 200 is unhealthy, 201 to 300 is very unhealthy, and 301 to 500 is dangerous.

Meanwhile, the Pollution Control Department (PCD) said via its website that the air quality (as of 7am) in Bangkok and nearby provinces was at healthy levels, and would get better.

The PCD found PM2.5 at between 16 and 46 micrograms per cubic metre.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383081

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-01
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Your Pic and These words says all. These “people” respect nothing. Destroying theirs own Nationals Parks. Shame of Thais. Shame of THAIS.

In April last year I only had one comment about these fires and it was from a Singaporian visiting rellies along the way . This was that week last year , more to come in 4 weeks time I suspect.

IMGP1508.JPG

IMGP1498.JPG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, legend49 said:

I don't know how the fires started, but can tell you that they occur regularly every year.

Most fires started by these storms that Thai Met bureau keep telling us that are here. Funny that all the weather radars show no storm activity at all across all of Thailand.

That means Thai Met Bureau is another puppet ministry.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Creasy said:

I love the smell of PM2.5 first thing in the morning.

If the CV doesn't get you, the PM2.5 most certainly will.

And meanwhile, because of the CV, there are hardly any N95 masks available in Thailand to protect people when outside from the PM2.5.\

Same situation in the U.S., shortages all around, but at least, the air most places in the U.S. can't be cut with a knife like it can be here in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, generealty said:

There you go Thailand - Number 1 at last. I thought if you kept at it you would become number 1 eventually. Now lets get number 1 with the dirtiest beaches, countryside, etc. I am sure you can if you keep going. It's only a matter of time.

how many genuine "hubs" is that - they are racking them up and they are all negative

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

AMAZING. how they managed to mess such a small town near mountains ??

Well, at least it's something to take everyone's mind off of the coronavirus!  :ninja:

Thailand just has SO MANY things to offer... it's truly an "amazing" place... :dry:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Sure as hell makes the 2 million baht we got for our place in Saraphi in 2013 one of the best 'fire sales' (sold to the manager of Boon Rawd Brewery) ever by a farang in CM. Meantime at our little 100 year old wooden bungalow somewhere on a hill in NE Oz, you can see for thirty miles today (and usually every day) and the air is so clean I wish I could bottle some and donate it to those less fortunate expats and their families who are still forced to live there. We won't be going back to LOS (sadly) as I don't what a second bout of laryngeal cancer. 

• Thanks 1