Chiang Mai’s air quality worst in the world

rooster59

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are a dozen measures this inept administration could be doing, if they were competent and if they cared about the people. So, what measures are being taken to tackle this dire situation? None. Precisely zero. The people need to awaken and  rise up. 

FFP

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:09 PM, Forza2002 said:

Come on Chiang Mai arsonists you are down to No.2 in the world, good luck getting back the No.1 tomorrow... total scumbags..  

image.png

According to the Air Visual app, my little place just outside Phitsanulok is 153, putting us joint 5th on the table. F F S what's happening?

What if we did a name and shame anonymously?..Like a facebook page or youtube vids to show the carnage?  Didnt it work when Gates-Microsoft was here or said something about the awful wiring in south?e

Take a pic of the burned area and post it on a FB page or upload to youtube--Name and shame

The internet is forever.....use the PM's pic as ur avatar!

On 3/1/2020 at 4:49 AM, legend49 said:

I don't know how the fires started, but can tell you that they occur regularly every year.

Most fires started by these storms that Thai Met bureau keep telling us that are here. Funny that all the weather radars show no storm activity at all across all of Thailand.

I can tell you that in Lamphun Province where I live the forest underbrush is burned every year.  Locals set it on fire to promote growth of mushrooms that they pick.  Mushroom picking easily earns them more than the 350 baht they make painting all day.   As the old thai proverb says “if it can burn, burn it”