HBO, FX, Fox movies....?

JTXR

Oh yeah is the contract going back to True or are all those channels just gonna be gone on Thai cable services from now on? This is the second time this has happened, originally it was true. Guess we’ll be watching more tv this year since our trip is probably going to be cancelled in May. 

6 hours ago, fishtank said:

Why not just subscribe to Netflix?

Far superior.

Netflix maybe OK for movies, but I cancelled my description because I got fed up with following a TV series, and the series not being completed. Too many to name.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Go to page 8 of this subject,and look at my post for US streaming services,

free and work well.

regards Wogeordie

Can you be more specific? Page 8 where? There is only one page so far.

These days, HBO is still one of pay TV’s top draws, but it’s mostly because of shows like Game of Thrones and Veep and not because subscribers are eager to catch up with Ocean’s 8 and The Predator. Starting in the late 1990s — and especially after the debut of The Sopranos in 1999 — the network developed a reputation as the place to find the kind of sophisticated original storytelling broadcasters and basic-cable outlets wouldn’t touch.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Go to page 8 of this subject,and look at my post for US streaming services,

free and work well.

regards Wogeordie

worgeordie told me about this website but i picked the correct channel to watch.

57 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Can you be more specific? Page 8 where? There is only one page so far.

http://123tvnow.com/watch/ftv-midnight-secrets/

Edited by NCC1701A

58 minutes ago, eaglesha said:

These days, HBO is still one of pay TV’s top draws, but it’s mostly because of shows like Game of Thrones and Veep and not because subscribers are eager to catch up with Ocean’s 8 and The Predator. Starting in the late 1990s — and especially after the debut of The Sopranos in 1999 — the network developed a reputation as the place to find the kind of sophisticated original storytelling broadcasters and basic-cable outlets wouldn’t touch.

Almost everything is available to download free via a torrent, so I'm told. I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Almost everything is available to download free via a torrent, so I'm told. I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour though.

Isn’t torrent like a virus magnet? I’ve never used it but I’ve tried before several years ago and I couldn’t figure it out in fact that’s probably why my old laptop crashed lol. 

11 minutes ago, RobertL said:

Isn’t torrent like a virus magnet?

No...but a lot of the sites where you can obtain the torrent links from  contain tons of dodgy ads and pop up c_rA_p leading to infections   so  run a  ad blocker   like "U block origin"  and run a modified hosts file  https://hosts-file.net/

and run a virus checker and have your firewall turned on and configured correctly then its pretty safe   unless you download cracked software,games and key generators and don't download "drivers" from anywhere other than official sites.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour though.

Me too..... ????

transmission.jpg.2b0438dc18b4e2e09d78518990bf0f28.jpg

15 minutes ago, johng said:

No...but a lot of the sites where you can obtain the torrent links from  contain tons of dodgy ads and pop up c_rA_p leading to infections   so  run a  ad blocker   like "U block origin"  and run a modified hosts file  https://hosts-file.net/

and run a virus checker and have your firewall turned on and configured correctly then its pretty safe   unless you download cracked software,games and key generators and don't download "drivers" from anywhere other than official sites.

Me too..... ????

transmission.jpg.2b0438dc18b4e2e09d78518990bf0f28.jpg

Ok, I’m going to be learning about that stuff soon because we’ll probably be downloading a lot of movies and shows online from now on I have my US iTunes account and hopefully I can find an alternative cable service or something that offers all those channels. 

14 hours ago, RobertL said:

Isn’t torrent like a virus magnet? I’ve never used it but I’ve tried before several years ago and I couldn’t figure it out in fact that’s probably why my old laptop crashed lol. 

I have been "torrenting" for more than 5 years,,,,,,,,,,,never have or had any malware or virus issues to date.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:05 PM, JWNY said:

AIS told me the removal of Fox and HBO will decrease our subscription moving forward. 

read somewhere HBO will go to 3B (sic) not sure who that is 

Yes that’s correct I recently signed up. So does anyone know how this works? Does the Warner Media Company who owns HBO just play musical contracts every 3 years or what? So now 3BB has the contract, and up until about December 31st 2016 True had the contract then AIS got it in 2017 and now 3BB. So I wonder if we’ll have to switch cable companies again in another 3 years. It seems like this happens here about every 3 years between true and AIS but yes it’s now with 3BB (3 BroadBand). They’re better than True HD or AIS ever was! AIS said they’d replace it with new channels but they’re not exactly new definitely not a replacement. 

By the way my HBO is effective April on 3BB but it’s already set up in my house. So looks like 3BB for HBO and pretty much iTunes and a lot of internet streaming for at least one TV show we’re going to miss that used to be shown on FX. So no maybe not as good as AIS used to be but definitely much better than the service AIS provides effective today. 

Edited by JimLuce

1 hour ago, JimLuce said:

Yes that’s correct I recently signed up. So does anyone know how this works? Does the Warner Media Company who owns HBO just play musical contracts every 3 years or what? So now 3BB has the contract, and up until about December 31st 2016 True had the contract then AIS got it in 2017 and now 3BB. So I wonder if we’ll have to switch cable companies again in another 3 years. It seems like this happens here about every 3 years between true and AIS but yes it’s now with 3BB (3 BroadBand). They’re better than True HD or AIS ever was! AIS said they’d replace it with new channels but they’re not exactly new definitely not a replacement. 

From what I have seen from my time in Thailand; that's exactly what's going to happen.  It's been the same with the Premier League football contract that gets renegotiated every 3 years.  (And moves to the highest bidder?)

12 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

From what I have seen from my time in Thailand; that's exactly what's going to happen.  It's been the same with the Premier League football contract that gets renegotiated every 3 years.  (And moves to the highest bidder?)

Well 3BB is only 600 baht and some change a month but I’m still going to be streaming at least one of our shows later on that was in the middle of the final season before this bs happened. The only downside is all you get with 3BB is HBO, but I’m not keeping my service with AIS just for a few channels that 3BB doesn’t have so I’ll just stream that show on iTunes probably later on this year because I’m not going to reward it by continuing our service with AIS not even for the Fox Channels. It makes no sense because HBO is owed by Warner Media and so is CNN, yet we lost Fox News but we get to keep the other Fox channels, CNN which is also owned by the same company who owns HBO. So go figure that one I guess I don’t know. All I know is AIS isn’t getting another penny out of me for cable or internet. They can consider my last bill as a poor customer service tax.