It's official! Thailand is hot!

webfact

It may have been cooler in the areas outside of the metropolis this year but I didn't get a chance to enjoy that. For me its been a dusty winter which now looks to be followed by a hot hot summer hopefully without the dust!  I sure hope the rains pop up. With the shifting winds that may be possible, who knows.

Edited by TooBigToFit
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Hot, maybe but very polluted surely.
We no longer see the sky in my province, Sakon Nakhon;
everything is white and the whole village is coughing so much pollution is enormous.

Strange. I live in a village 20kms east of Sakon Nakhon and enjoy very clean air. There's very little crop burning around here and, thankfully no sugarcane. I walk in the countryside every morning so I am very conscious of the air quality.

It is very rare for me to make a negative comment on the air quality and it's usually in the morning when cooking fires are burning, which quickly clears. I wonder what it is that causes the problem in your area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whiteman said:

From Jan to now has been for me the coolest in 16 years.   For me personally it has been cooler than I can remember for so long loving it I am in Sriracha.

Yeah, Same Same up in Nong Khai......It's been Great Up till now !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whiteman said:

From Jan to now has been for me the coolest in 16 years.   For me personally it has been cooler than I can remember for so long loving it I am in Sriracha.

I was there over the weekend. It was a good downpour on Friday. I was stuck in the coffee shop n the park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Strange. I live in a village 20kms east of Sakon Nakhon and enjoy very clean air. There's very little crop burning around here and, thankfully no sugarcane. I walk in the countryside every morning so I am very conscious of the air quality.

It is very rare for me to make a negative comment on the air quality and it's usually in the morning when cooking fires are burning, which quickly clears. I wonder what it is that causes the problem in your area.

same here, have a home in sakon, never had problems with air.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

everything is white and the whole village is coughing so much pollution is enormous.

It's been the same in Mukdahan since the wind changed direction a few days ago ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

... I walk in the countryside every morning so I am very conscious of the air quality.

How do you judge the air quality? From smell? From sight?

You can smell some pollution, not all. E.g. wood or charcoal fires smell, e.g. carbon monoxide doesn't smell.
You can see some pollution, not all.

18 minutes ago, willi2006 said:

How do you judge the air quality? From smell? From sight?

You can smell some pollution, not all. E.g. wood or charcoal fires smell, e.g. carbon monoxide doesn't smell.
You can see some pollution, not all.

As we all know, the basic cause of pollution in the rural areas is smoke from burning of fields etc. Burning of that nature is easy to detect with ones nose.

And if there is no smell of burning, it stands to reason that there is no carbon monoxide either The two go hand in hand. There is little traffic where I live and no industry.

So I'm very confident that if my nose tells me the air is good, then it's good. Being able to see the peaks of the hills 15kms away also gives me a clue and it's a rare day when I can't. ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Hua Hin has had the worst air quality I can remember over the last decade. I lived fairly high up and at around 2km away from the coast, and it was impossible to see the ocean many days over and over again. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

As we all know, the basic cause of pollution in the rural areas is smoke from burning of fields etc. Burning of that nature is easy to detect with ones nose.

And if there is no smell of burning, it stands to reason that there is no carbon monoxide either The two go hand in hand. There is little traffic where I live and no industry.

So I'm very confident that if my nose tells me the air is good, then it's good. Being able to see the peaks of the hills 15kms away also gives me a clue and it's a rare day when I can't. ????

Aw, you're no fun. For many one of the great current joys of Thai Visa is swapping horror stories about pollution. Sometimes skimming these threads reminds me of the Monty Python three Yorkshiremen sketch: "Eeh you were lucky, when I was a lad seven of us lived in a cardboard box..."

What is now left to us? Arguing about the effectiveness of facemasks I suppose!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Yeah, Same Same up in Nong Khai......It's been Great Up till now !!

In Udon Thani 7 and 8 years ago it was 2 and 4 Celsius at the lowest. While the cold season this year I think has had the most amount of chilly days that I can remember, but the coldest temps has been a couple of days of 10c and on average around 18c.

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

Aw, you're no fun. For many one of the great current joys of Thai Visa is swapping horror stories about pollution. Sometimes skimming these threads reminds me of the Monty Python three Yorkshiremen sketch: "Eeh you were lucky, when I was a lad seven of us lived in a cardboard box..."

What is now left to us? Arguing about the effectiveness of facemasks I suppose!

I sometimes think that folks are incredulous or even jealous that I live in Thailand AND breath clean air. But it's true. The only pollutant around here is methane from farting bovines!

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I sometimes think that folks are incredulous or even jealous that I live in Thailand AND breath clean air. But it's true. The only pollutant around here is methane from farting bovines!

Which ministry do you live next to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There's actually a town in the north called Hot.
And I read that, although some places are hotter for a few months, on a year-round basis Bangkok is the hottest city in the world.

Certainly some of the more youthful female residents are - hot that is!????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

No more Corona virus then, great. :thumbsup:

If they seriously think hot weather can kill off virus, they need to prohibit air con in malls, offices, theaters, etc. The heat goes on. Bonus of turning off is huge savings in electric bills & given economic impact of virus on business, every baht counts