Bridge to Samui: PM shows support - project could start building in three years

webfact

On 3/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

My God, they are sooo thick.

The allure of Koh Samui is that it is an island.

If it is connected to the mainland by bridge, then it is part of the mainland and thus merely a group of hotels and restaurants near the sea. Just like all the other resorts on the mainland.

Again, for those too thick to get it, the allure of a tropical island, and thus its appeal to tourists, is that it is an island.

How did these people get elected?

Agree 100%. I would just like to invite the planners to visit Samui, and take a look at the existing traffic on the ring road anytime during the morning and afternoon rush hours. They can then decide whether a bridge, which brings a significant amount more road traffic, will just end up being an expensive parking lot,  because it will be grid-locked. 

Why, unnecessarily, put the ferries out of business? They're not at full capacity most of the time. Invest more in super-fast passenger ferries, and fast rail links to ferry ports from Surat Airport. 

I also agree fully with those who suggest this....For a whole lot less money, pay off the Samui Airport monopoly, and open the airport to budget airways.