BANGKOK

It's a year odd old and was coming on great, new growth etc, then about 3-4 weeks ago it started to drop it's leaves and get sick. Not sure if that grey colour creeping up the limbs has anything to do with it. I do tend to over water. Thanks.

20200303_104005.jpg

20200303_104052.jpg

20200303_104057.jpg

20200303_104101.jpg

14 hours ago, drtreelove said:

Phosphite fungicide is also useful. Agri-fos (Agrichem from Australia) (Phosphorous acid, not phosphoric acid) But this is a preventive, for building resistance, and is not a curative fungicide. 

Thank you very much. Great advice and I welcome it. 

I went to the local nursery and the lady there said to spread a lot of cow dung around the base.

I did dig all the grass out around the tree, and left the hollow, so that probably started the trouble. I'll try and move it and put it in a concrete ring and mound it up. After reading about the root rot. Thanks again. 🙂

Avocado do not like wet roots - require well drained soil.

Also, this time of year expect a bit of leaf fall prior to new growth start.

• Like 1

If I were you I would be getting the grass back away from the trunk for starters, and loosed the top soil around the trunk a little, if you want to mulch around it, keep that back from the trunk as well.

• Like 2

It happened to my tree. I found that there was a bug that had entered into the branch somewhere. So I kept cutting back, until I got to clean wood. Now I am hoping that it will reshoot on what's left. 

• Like 1

If I may ask CarlYai what area of thailand are the Avo's in?? Are you near the coast at all? 

Troll post removed

I have had a similar white fungus on other plants - a local advised using a dish detergent and water in a sprayer - that cleaned it up quickly...the local said this is a dry season issue and not seen in rainy/ low season.  I left the detergent on the plant and then watered the following day...most of the fungus came off with the watering...My plants (4 infected) looked worse for a week and then recovered strongly.

Good luck

• Like 1

root rot can be combatted with hydrogen peroxide mixed with water, google it. Over watering is not good.

• Like 1

remove the grass from around the tree to give it a better chance and would take your pictures to the local farm fertilizer pesticide shop.