Udon Thani a very quiet place Now!!!

ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

don't forget about the virus. no one is going anywhere. events nation wide are shutting down.

I have not forgotten about that NCC, In fact I thought I could pick up some face masks, but none to be found, and the people I did see were not wearing them.  

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

in reference to what CC.....bash away. The response above yours was for the reference of a time frame, nothing to brag about or complain about.  The OP I wrote was just an observation of returning for the first time since I moved away, nothing more.

nah, as I said no bash. Predominantly posters on this site are either bragging or complaining, usually the latter. Your post confused me ( it don't take much) for it was as you say 'an observation' .. 

• Like 1

Went with my mates  in November stayed on soi falang for 3 nights. A few bars open unofficially to 2 or 3 am. Lots of people just like the past.  My friends went again in the middle of February they said it was disappointing ,very unattended with some bars not open at all.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I arrive Friday for the weekend and am a regular visitor so I will update 

Lets Hope what I observed last weekend was a fluke, but then I wait to hear your report

Arrived in Udon Sat for a 4 night stay at Centara which was busy for the weekend. Roads all busy as usual and I have known Udon for 15yrs now UD town and night market busy I have seen Central Plaza less busy in the past. For me Udon is nothing like a ghost town

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, martin26 said:

Arrived in Udon Sat for a 4 night stay at Centara which was busy for the weekend. Roads all busy as usual and I have known Udon for 15yrs now UD town and night market busy I have seen Central Plaza less busy in the past. For me Udon is nothing like a ghost town

Glad you saw it differently than I did.  Centara was anything but busy, as it had been in the past.  UD Town very slow from past times, traffic only at certain times like finishing work.  But then all views may differ.

I've lived in Udon for over 10 years and I don't notice any great slow down.

Same traffic on the way to my son's school, busy to gridlock at times early in the morning.

When I go to Villa or Tops its crowded.

If you go to Central Mall after 1 PM on a Sat. or Sun. good luck trying to find a parking spot, we always go before 12 on weekends and I still can't find a parking spot untill the 5 th floor.

Udon isn't a Chinese destination so there's no loss from them not coming, they never did.

That said they will be on foreigner less at the end of March as it adios amigos for Me and my son.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I've lived in Udon for over 10 years and I don't notice any great slow down.

Likewise, I have lived here 6+ years, daytime's are no different to any time in the previous years, busy! Nightlife I cannot comment on, its never been "vibrant" IMO.

• Like 1

I was in udon from November till the end of Jan it was quite busy pretty much the same as usual I arrived back last week and was amazed by how quiet it is I am judging this on the night life in soi sampan and surrounding beer bars central plaza and my local gym which in my opinion gives a good indicator on the local economy all of these places are pretty much dead were as the same time last year it was vibrant not sure what's happened but your observations are pretty much spot on 

• Like 1