Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

On 3/3/2020 at 10:54 AM, christophe75 said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Do not forget to ask "please" first.

Okay, now, can someone sane on this forum can explain why they continue to focus on "returnees" ?

What about the people from China, Japan, SK, Italy, France etc... who arrive in Thailand, for tourism, business or whatever other reasons ?

It's insane.

So if a Thai visits France, and then come back : 14 days quarantine (fair enough)

But a french guy, who lives in France, and who arrives in Bangkok to spend 2 weeks holidays... what do we do ?

From a statistical point of view : the french citizen represents a higher risk to be infected.

Compared to the thai tourist who just spend 1 week in Europe.

The low level of this pseudo governement, is hurting. Nothing less.

Visitors and Thai citizens returning from the high risk areas will be subject to 14-days home quarantine, even if they are cleared of the disease, unless they have permission from health officials.

To be fair it does say "Visitors"

On 3/5/2020 at 6:13 AM, pookondee said:

Lately it seems politicians everywhere are making up laws "on the fly" without

thought of how it will work or be implemented.

Thailand is even worse when you consider: Army, Thai thinking and "Thai face" 

If anyone, media or otherwise should challenge this Thai minister or ask any awkward questions like above..

the typical Thai answer:

"You think to much"

Then If they persist the guy will get furious and start throwing around threats.

which is standard Thai 101.

So If you are a tourist coming in soon, add a new lot of <deleted> Immigration officers can throw at you at the airport.

Then think about how many times in handling your visa affairs, you will be forced into these options:

- travel to an IMMS office for extension.

- exit/ enter the country.

- travel 9+ hours in a van/bus.

- flying in/out.

And conside Isaan Songkran (if you are there)

where they actually drive all around the area on the back of a pick-up and splash each other with water..

perfect way of how to meet people and become infected.

Yes maybe I

"Think to mutt"

Yes. it was kinda cute and all when there were not such bad implications..

but when sหit gets real, i think id prefer to think to much instead of not at all! 

Nobody has ever said that to me. I speak my mind. However, I also speak Thai fluently, which makes a difference.

Listening to the media conference held last week in my car, members of the media asked questions and demanded answers as best they could, although some members of the media covered for others by re-phrasing their questions so the health minister spokesperson could answer. As usual, the answers he provided were peppered with frustration and sometimes evasive answers, not much different to news conferences held in western countries.

Anyway, this year things WILL be different. Songkran has been canceled in a number of places and many Thais will probably be staying home.

4 hours ago, balo said:

If their holiday in Thailand only last for one week, how can they quarantine for 14 days ??? 

Well they don't come and flights from these countries should be suspended. I'm sure they will be anyway, it's only a matter of time.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, the CAAT has informed airlines that travelers from the 6 disease infected zones to produce a health certificate certifying they have no risk of coved 19. Airlines must check for certificate at check in. Thailand have a get out of jail free card with the fact that any pax that has / gets covid 19 - the airline will be liable for all the pax treatment and quarantine. Still no clear effective date or if it applies to transit Pax or what constitutes a “health certificate”. 

Edited by ncc1701d