Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

8 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Why you don't understand ?

I arrive in Thailand, from South Korea. I show a booking.com reservation.

Immigration gives me my 30 days.

(Admit that this is the case of MOST tourists.)

And then ?

AND THEN ?

I DO WHAT I WANT.

I can go out, go BTS, shopping malls... I don't have any quarantine to respect.

I can share my virus (if i am infected, but asymptomatic) with the whole freaking BKK.

So I repeat for the X times : it doesn't make any sense.

-A Thai who comes back, without symptoms : "please 14 days quarantine, stay home" (but not mandatory... first twist)

-A South Korean who visits Thailand, without symptoms : "please show me your hotel booking"

Okay ?

Is that clear now ?

I mean it's enough to deal with the BS coming from thai officials, the pathetic reporting of Nation and other thai medias... but now even on TV.... It's exhausting.

Asymptomatic carriers are the ennemy. The guy who disembarks from the airplane with 41 degrees fever, and coughing.... is easy meat. We don't care about him.

And what if a Policeman comes up to you outside a mall, BTS and asks for your passport?

The passport shows you arrived yesterday, what stops the Policeman from arresting you or sending you to Hospital confinement at your own expense cooped up with people who may actually be carriers? The law in Thailand is whatever a man with a badge says it is.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've noticed that China has now started restricting flights from CoronaVirus hotspots - quote and source link below.

How long until China puts Thailand on a list of mandatory quarantine origins?

The Chinese have loyalty to only themselves. Lets not forget that China wields their tourism 'permits' as a weapon of economic coercion.

Travellers from countries with severe coronavirus outbreaks who arrive in some parts of China will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine, state media say.

Travellers from the virus hotspots of South Korea, Japan, Iran and Italy arriving in the capital will have to be isolated, a Beijing official has said.

Source : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51718614

The tables will turn.....

2 hours ago, smedly said:

well that sorts that out

anyone that booked a holiday from the listed countries may as well forget about it

and if you arrive and sneeze you're going to have a hefty medical bill

welcome to the asylum under the direction of Analtun 

Not it changes nothing. 

"Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period." 

Since I come to Thailand as a tourist or on non-o I have been asked for the address where I will be staying. 

12 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

LOL tourists locked in 14 day quarantine just killed off any arrivals. Well done!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, legend49 said:

LOL tourists locked in 14 day quarantine just killed off any arrivals. Well done!

I agree, but how are locals or expats arriving here any different from tourists. It just seems such an odd request. 

• Like 1

The PBS story seems to be erroneous. Sharing it here doesn't help... We'll soon see this story all over German and French media... and that will be costly for Thailand.

Edited by rick44
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

The whole planet is now a high risk country.

You're right, I had influenza several times in the past but I wasn't quarantined.

I went to the dentist yesterday (Isan) on top of the normal procedure, weight, blood pressure measured, form filling (no I haven't any diseases and especially not that one) my temperature was measured with the electric gun thingy and then the waiting room was bombarded with warnings and advice about corona, it's the frigging end of the world !

58 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Not it changes nothing. 

"Those who do not have a permanent residence or lodging in Thailand are required to show officials, upon arrival, evidence of where officials can locate them during the 14-day period." 

Since I come to Thailand as a tourist or on non-o I have been asked for the address where I will be staying. 

But you were never asked to prove it.

Just now, josephbloggs said:

But you were never asked to prove it.

Yes, I was asked to show my bookings in Poipet. It also happened when coming back on a non-o they asked if my address was still correct. 

5 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Will Thailand ever issue a press release from the Government that gives clear, concise instructions? They all seem to create more questions than they answer. Keeps Thaivisa in business, I suppose!

I think Immigration must have loaned out their PR / communications staff to the Ministry of Public Health. Because they all seem to be operating from the same playbook.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Handmade71 said:

Pls share more info.  Tks 

The BKK Post report says Anutin posted the announcement to his Facebook page, and then that post was deleted shortly thereafter.

I don't know anyone can presume the policy was cancelled, though that's possible. It could just mean they need to publish it in the Royal Gazette before it can formally take effect.

Right now, AFAIK, we're all guessing on that point.

I'll be coming back from Singapore at the beginning of April.. Just in time for Songkran, so happy to self quarantine for 14, 21 even 30 days will do me... Got some studying to do anyway ????

They can't enforce this but I guess if you want to do your bit for the benefit of society, self quarantine and be done with it.

First trip to 7-11 afterwards and good chance to get the virus anyway !!!

What a silly state of affairs... Meanwhile, how many died on the roads so far this year ???

Edited by cornishcarlos

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Pneumonia, also called 'the old mans friend'.

There is a vaccine for that, which older people should get. I have.

Like the flu vac it does not mean you will not get it, but should reduce the severity.

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know where you're getting that idea from. I don't see anything in the news report that suggests your interpretation.

The use of the word “returning” rather than “arriving” gives people that idea I think, although the rest of the article does refer to foreign visitors so it’s at least semi clear