Ministry updates list of high-risk destinations

snoop1130

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Read the full article....

It is VISITORS, and Thais returning, from these countries will be subject to. 14 days self quarantine.

Two separate groups  .

I don't see many tourists coming to Thailand to only be holed up in their room for the length of their stay. They will either cancel their trip (and likely lose their money - unless the airline cancels the flight) or ignore the government's advice. Neither result in positive. 

18 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

Tourists from Western high risk areas like Germany should show a clearance certificate from their local doctors and eventually a vaccination against seasonal flu to avoid quarantine in Thailand. 

• Haha 2

Press release yesterday from MOPH:  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no38_030363.pdf

Quote:

2. Unexposed groups including both Thai people and foreigners with travel history from affected areas, but who did not have exposure to patients and who are not exhibiting suspected symptoms are requested to reduce social activities, wear a mask when leaving their accommodations, wash hands frequently, not go to crowded areas, and observe your symptoms at home for 14 days. If you have a fever, cough, or sore throat, see a doctor immediately and report your travel history.

Fake News.

I'll find out tomorrow, when I arrive.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Visitors and Thai citizens returning from the high risk areas will be subject to 14-days home quarantine, even if they are cleared of the disease, unless they have permission from health officials.

Self quarantine at home, do not mix with the public... mixing with other family members is fine & they will go outside to mix for them. 

ridiculous!

3 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I'm scheduled to visit the US in June, flying thru Seoul, S. Korea. Does connecting thru that airport mean that I should self quarantine upon my return? Or is that only required if I spend time outside of that airport? I don't plan to leave the airport but do have a 5 hour layover there. Hmmmm..... Just looking for clarification!

I suspect you can do what you want when you return. It’s what most people will do.

15 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Press release yesterday from MOPH:  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no38_030363.pdf

Quote:

2. Unexposed groups including both Thai people and foreigners with travel history from affected areas, but who did not have exposure to patients and who are not exhibiting suspected symptoms are requested to reduce social activities, wear a mask when leaving their accommodations, wash hands frequently, not go to crowded areas, and observe your symptoms at home for 14 days. If you have a fever, cough, or sore throat, see a doctor immediately and report your travel history.

Fake News.

I'll find out tomorrow, when I arrive.

Please do keep us updated on what you experience...

40 minutes ago, Leef said:

Macao has had zero new cases for a substantial period of time. Taiwan has less cases than Thailand. Hong Kong’s cases seem under control. I guess the Thai government is lumping them in with the mainland in order to toady up to their masters in Beijing. Maybe Prayut and co will get new Rolexes from Beijing.

Taiwan, I can imagine tried to contain the spread early on, but the others are controlled by CCP China and recently the editor of apple daily was arrested in HK,as he was going to publish the details of 20,000 infected patients in HK from mild to critical, and as we keep being lied to by 

China would like the world to know there are only a few hundred infections in HK, these gangster regimes just lie, normally we can laugh at them with zero unemployment figures, huge uptick in export figures due to an amazing trillion dollar gold export, gdp figures through the roof, this time they allowed a 3.4 death rate virus to come in for months without any major effort of containment, let’s hope the future has repercussions for all these gangsters

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlienHermit66 said:

Please do keep us updated on what you experience...

Oh I will don't worry. I'll be posting with my Ipad as they drive me off to the "hole" sorry quarantine area. The CNN article said the source was " the country's Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in a Facebook post Tuesday." [my emphasis] which I also read somewhere was deleted ten minutes later. As opposed to what the press release from MOPH yesterday said which was completely different.

I have checked the Singapore government Travel Advisory, the "straitstimes", BBC - nowhere to be read anything confirming this. And there have been at LEAST ten flights already today from Singapore to Bangkok - have we heard of mass quarantining? No.

Edited by nglodnig
More info
  • Like 1

It says Thais returning AND Visitors so that's everybody. How they will implement is another matter. Will probably ask Thais and Visitors to sign a paper saying they will self quarantine then find them and Lock Up or evict them respectively

40 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Tourists from Western high risk areas like Germany should show a clearance certificate from their local doctors and eventually a vaccination against seasonal flu to avoid quarantine in Thailand. 

Haha. Can you imagine them showing a medical certificate in German to one of the IO at Suvarnabhumi? 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Oh I will don't worry. I'll be posting with my Ipad as they drive me off to the "hole" sorry quarantine area. The CNN article said the source was " the country's Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in a Facebook post Tuesday." [my emphasis] which I also read somewhere was deleted ten minutes later. As opposed to what the press release from MOPH yesterday said which was completely different.

I have checked the Singapore government Travel Advisory, the "straitstimes", BBC - nowhere to be read anything confirming this. And there have been at LEAST ten flights already today from Singapore to Bangkok - have we heard of mass quarantining? No.

Personally, I am a supposed "double danger" visitor. I will originate in Japan and be transferring through Singapore. Is Bangkok your end destination? 

5 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Having been barred from entering India, an Italian tourist vlogger, changed his ticket to Thailand, no problem.

Life is cheap in the land that worships money. 

Geez...lol...if they are letting Italians into the country, I guess I should be okay...

10 minutes ago, AlienHermit66 said:

Personally, I am a supposed "double danger" visitor. I will originate in Japan and be transferring through Singapore. Is Bangkok your end destination? 

Not going NEAR Bangkok - hate the place - direct to Chiang Mai. And this story has indeed turned out to be - fake. All over a Facebook post that was deleted ten minutes later. I'll confirm from CNX arrivals tomorrow afternoon.

17 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

In the last hour, the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore provided this statement, "Arriving passengers from Singapore need not have to go for quarantine, if they are healthy..." 

Thanks I've been trying to ring them all morning but kept getting either no answer or "number out of order". So yet another non-story in our wonderful world if instant FAKE news.

40 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

And there have been at LEAST ten flights already today from Singapore to Bangkok - have we heard of mass quarantining? No.

The notion of the supposed policy (whether it takes effect or not) was two-fold:

--sick people would be required to go to medical facilities for treatment.

--people who don't show any symptoms from the designated countries would be asked to SELF quarantine wherever they're going to be staying here.

Whether the OP news report is correct or fake news, at this point, I have no idea.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

People are just pig ignorant and only care about themselves.

1st the chinese not staying put and going back to their home provinces.

2nd The chinese student who flew to Dubai and then entered Australia by saying he didnt come from China, naturally he is infected, I hope the least he gets is deported at some stage

These are just the tip of the iceberg, good luck all.

20 hours ago, BobbyL said:

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, he said.

Impossible to control. What about the tourists arriving from these destinations? I guess that is fine. 

sounds a great 14 day holiday in an Hotel room

Wanted to go to see my wife and child and return to Germany with them, but planned only for 10 days, with 14 days quarantine can I fly back to Germany? Actually thinking it is not worth it.

Hold a British Passport and would fly from the Netherlands, which is not on the list, as I hold a UK Passport would they know I came from Germany (the high risk area in NRW)? Could use my Mums address in the UK on the Immigration form.

A post containing content copy and pasted from "the newspaper we can't talk about" has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Some posts with links to questionable sources have been removed. 

Some troll posts have been removed. 

Edited by metisdead