5 Common Dieting Mistakes

snoop1130

5 Common Dieting Mistakes

by Rishi Haria 

JqlIhx-6FAD7z_nDw8woyUk4FtjuCzOcECJeRRAiXkU-1170x658.jpg

After you’ve included regular workouts into your daily routine, the only thing left to nail down is your diet. The training aspect for some people is mentally easier than adhering to the nutrition plan needed to achieve their physique goal. It’s a cliché to say that it’s 80% nutrition and 20% training but I would have to agree with it. 

I spent years of trial and error to nail down what was needed to sculpt my body in the way I desired. I’ve tried everything from low carb diets, excessive amounts of cardio, carb cycling, and the list goes on and on. In hindsight it was quite obvious where I was going wrong and many people are following the same path that I used to take. 

Often people are held back by their lack of understanding of the dieting process. I’ve listed below some common dieting mistakes.

Simply eating clean will get you shredded

Foods that are generally considered clean are often high in satiety for relatively low calories. Satiety here refers to the feeling of being full after eating a particular food. Think of lean proteins sources, salads, vegetables etc. When you switch from a diet consisting of high calorie junk foods, which are lower in satiety for relatively higher calories, you will automatically reduce your calorie intake to an extent. Eating in a calorie deficit is what’s needed to reduce your body fat levels. So by switching to clean foods, you will experience some success but generally only to a certain point. To maximise results you have to learn about calories. 

The majority of people that have had issues with their weight will generally have problems with appetite control. Even clean foods have calories and you can easily overeat with clean goods, albeit a more difficult task due to the satiety. Unless you intuitively understand how much food you should be eating for your goal, it’s essential to understand the importance of quantity control and energy balance. It’s not just about what you eat, it’s about how much. 

Full Story: https://expatlifeinthailand.com/health-and-beauty/5-common-dieting-mistakes/

expat.png

-- © Copyright Expat Life in Thailand

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Agree. Seems to be more suited to a woman's glossy magazine than a forum focussing on predominantly older male expats.

Yes, and the advice is about as wrong for many people as can be.

In nutrition there is no such thing as "clean" foods unless you are talking about harmful paracites or bateria in foods.

For instance, some people will only get satiety by having at least a certain amount of fat in their diet. Pushing them into eating leaves all the time is going to get them nowhere. Some people can chase the calories but certain ones will run into a brick wall, as they try to eat less their metabolism slows incredibly. Add an aging factor and you get an inability to lose weight mixed with huge frustration and probably health problems.

If you are writing for those under 30 years old, then say so. And perhaps get a qualification in something related to nutrition before mouthing off at an audience whose average age is probably a lot further north of 40.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1