Member of public calls immigration: Japanese pensioner whose Thai wife died found hiding on overstay

webfact

2 minutes ago, AllThaiedUp said:

If it wasn't for that damned meddling BMW smart car he probably would've gotten away with it.

Doubt it, it was the 8 blokes it needs to use the keyboard inside it...????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

curious to know if those nine generalisations (9 in one little post!) are based on your personal experience after living in Japan. Or are they just ordinary generalisations?

Speaking as someone who lives in Japan now, and has lived there for more than 20 years, your list needs a little work.  It's a nice place to make money (then spend in Thailand) but by no means is it the paradise you think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The onboard diagnostics in the smart car - notebook, tablet and internet connection

Notebooks (i.e. laptops), tablets, internet connection and BMWs must be very rare in Thailand for this 'smart contraption' to become a national pride and joy and earn heroic mention every time it is utilised.

7 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Here we go again: they need 8 officers to check and arrest and old quiet fart, where 2 officers should be the norm and sufficient. Imagine how productive this country could be if they learn to organize themself.

But they needed all those officers there to protect the smart BMW in case somebody tried to steal it.  Imagine the delicious kerfuffle if that happened.  555

• Haha 2

They had been told by the informant that there was a person who looked like a foreigner who hardly ever went out of his house. They thought he might be a wanted criminal.

This is what the public thinks about foreigners? And they are encouraged to snitch to the authorities. Why on earth as a westerner would you want to live in Thailand? The xenophobia is overwhelming.

• Like 1

Another poor soul who will be locked up in the immigration cell awaiting to be booted out the good news is he will go back to his homeland and support his local economy rather than spending it in a country that is not so friendly to foreigners. I suppose they need to find room for the reported 5,000 illegal Thai workers who are being shipped out of South Korea due to the virus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"Good Samaritan" my ar*e, more like "Nosey B*stard". 

Maybe it's time I start reporting the Thais I know illegally working in other countries to the immigration enforcement of those countries.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It would be good if apprentice Thai journalists use the right expressions because to write "good Samaritan" when it is about delation .. Not exactly the same thing :post-4641-1156693976:
"the neighbor figure in the parable is the man who shows mercy to the injured man — that is, the Samaritan."

Reminder: delation is the national sport in Thailand :annoyed:

You ask too much. I have worked with Thai journalists and not one of them would last a week in the job in the real world.

8 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Reminder: delation is the national sport in Thailand :annoyed:

As it was in France 80 years ago... With a difference though, that the French were reporting the French to foreigners...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

As it was in France 80 years ago... With a difference though, that the French were reporting the French to foreigners...

These are some of the dark hours in our history;:wacko:
and it was in fact much worse because it was the French police who made zeal while the Gestapo did not ask for so much.

• Like 1