Down Pattaya way: 37 million baht spent on pontoon to boost tourism - it's guaranteed for two years!

webfact

23 hours ago, inwardglee said:

Adding some more plastic into the sea! - It is sickening to see all these projects contributing to just more environmental destruction.

I agree, and this plastic <deleted> thing will be gone in a few years.....why the Thai never think in durable solutions like westerners do? A pier of 37 million baht should be made out of concrete which lasts 50 years or more.

19 hours ago, johng said:

Its a very popular beach for  Thai tourists every weekend.

And they're spending all those millions on Thai visitors?  And if it's so popular why the need for this fatuous edifice?

Another rhetorical question.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:34 PM, Luuk Krueng said:

I was there yesterday and didn't even recognized that there's a 2nd layer now. However, the beach is nice and clean but my girlfriend stepped on sea urchins on two different spots next to this platform.

Did she pick them up and take them home to eat?  ????

On 3/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, MickGC said:

This has got to be utter BS. Nowhere in the world could they justify spending Bht 37,000,000 on a 50m floating plastic pontoon. It beggers belief !

the pontoon is 50k the guarantee is 36.950 million

On 3/8/2020 at 12:34 PM, Luuk Krueng said:

However, the beach is nice and clean but my girlfriend stepped on sea urchins on two different spots next to this platform.

That's a coincidence, I stepped on 2 regular urchins walking down 2nd Rd. 

28 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Clean up the water, get modern effective sewage and waste water systems, and people will flock to the area

Exactly what people were saying 30 years ago, there still not listening!

For the longest time the "money cow" for the Pattaya officials was the central reservation on Sukhumvit road, every month or so they would tart it up with another few million bahts worth of flowers and plants, now there isn't that opportunity anymore they have to be more creative - something they are not very good at!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, fruitman said:

I agree, and this plastic <deleted> thing will be gone in a few years.....why the Thai never think in durable solutions like westerners do? A pier of 37 million baht should be made out of concrete which lasts 50 years or more.

Why would you do that when you can rip off with a project then simply rinse and repeat.  It makes total sense if you are raiding the coffers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

It makes total sense if you are raiding the coffers.

Indeed, I have never understood how the Pattaya ruling "mafia" get away with it, but they do, they are obviously untouchable, some sort of deal was done many years back where it was decided they could do what they wanted, when the military arrived in "government" a few years back I though there may be a change, but no - business as usual, the Chonburi Godfather "had' or has something on someone High up for sure!

There are no sea urchins on that beach! If they are, they are dead that have washed up, same as all the garbage. Im sure that the upper part of the beach, was a garbage land fill, and covered with sand, but every now and then, the high water washes the sand off, and exposes what is underneath.

17 hours ago, CGW said:

Indeed, I have never understood how the Pattaya ruling "mafia" get away with it, but they do, they are obviously untouchable, some sort of deal was done many years back where it was decided they could do what they wanted, when the military arrived in "government" a few years back I though there may be a change, but no - business as usual, the Chonburi Godfather "had' or has something on someone High up for sure!

Image result for pattaya mayor