How can you browse the internet on a Smart TV?

fforest1

Can anyone explain the easiest way to get internet working on a smart T.V.....The process is just not clear to me....I bet one of you guys have already done this....

I just bought a new TCL smart tv..........My telephone is a Samsung smart phone that has AIS wireless data........Using my smart phones AIS data to get YouTube videos on the smart TV seems to work pretty good....But how about the rest of the internet? Do I need to install a web browser on the smart TV or what? Can you hook a mouse up to a smart T.V? ....Help..lol

Thanks in advance.....

Edited by fforest1

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

We don't know the model of TV. So cannot ascertain the function.

Have you looked at the TCL(Telephone Communications Limited) TV +APP Store?

I have not looked at the TCL store but I will now thanks....

You have to "sideload" the app into the TV. Here's a simple guide;

https://beebom.com/how-sideload-apps-android-tv-guide/

I have the Brave browser working perfectly on my TCL TV. Grab it from here as it's safe;

https://apkpure.com/brave-browser-private-ads-block/com.brave.browser

You may also need the "Sideload Launcher app" if it doesn't how up in the app menu;

https://apkpure.com/sideload-launcher-android-tv/eu.chainfire.tv.sideloadlauncher

There's plenty more useful apps for watching Thai and international TV too, DM me if you need help.

Been using TCL with built in Android OS since November 2017. It works well and no need for android box or Google Chromecast as some posters suggested.

Give you time to find out how to use it - it will take some time. Guess it took me at least a week. Google has plenty of information.

You can hook up a mouse to the tv. But better buy a separate remote control like Minix Neo A2. Available at Lazada.

You got Chrome browser as well as Google Play installed into your the TCL!

Feel free to PM me if you need more information.

Edited by fertilizer
Added info.

or do what i do, put on a BBQ a a few beers for someone to come around and set up my tv and show me how to use it, we eat, drink fix the tv and watch the game. works for me because these smart things just baffel me. 

• Thanks 1

Many smart tv claim to have internet etc etc,  ut they have cut down versions of browsers and different versions of Android. I had a Toshiba tv which had full browser capability and could therefore download APK files to add apps etc. I now have Sharp Aquus, and the browser on this is extremely limited. Even Google play store is restricted

without knowning the model etc of your tv it is difficult to know the set up.

when i bought it, the sales info says its full smart tv, but it is not.

fortunately i have Apple TV box and seperate Android box, so it is not really a problem etc.

Trying to browse the internet on a smart tv is an exercise in frustration, unless you have a wireless keyboard and mouse. If the tv has bluetooth and wifi, this is not difficult to set up, and the tv usually has a native browser on board - possibly Chrome, but maybe some other unknown chinese rubbish.

Not knowing TCL, I can't offer any more advice.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Trying to browse the internet on a smart tv is an exercise in frustration, unless you have a wireless keyboard and mouse. If the tv has bluetooth and wifi, this is not difficult to set up, and the tv usually has a native browser on board - possibly Chrome, but maybe some other unknown chinese rubbish.

Not knowing TCL, I can't offer any more advice.

TCL is a Chinese make. At least one smart, 65", 4K HDR model is decent, having been tested favorably in the U.S. by Consumer Reports as an $800 alternative to the major brands' $2000 ones.

Edited by Dustdevil

2 hours ago, fertilizer said:

Been using TCL with built in Android OS since November 2017. It works well and no need for android box or Google Chromecast as some posters suggested.

Give you time to find out how to use it - it will take some time. Guess it took me at least a week. Google has plenty of information.

You can hook up a mouse to the tv. But better buy a separate remote control like Minix Neo A2. Available at Lazada.

You got Chrome browser as well as Google Play installed into your the TCL!

Feel free to PM me if you need more information.

What model TCL are you using?

I have an Amazon Firestick and it’s brilliant. No need for a Smart TV, I have BBC iPlayer,All4, My5, ITV Hub for all of my UK programmes and Livenet TV and Mobdro for sports. I also have TVMucho on the Firestick which is just like being back in the U.K. and it’s only 48 euros per year.

6 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Smart tv's are not always that smart or missing options to install other apps.

Best thing is to order a android box on Lazada for 500 baht and you can do almost anything and you can use a mouse and keyboard.

Good luck.

Be careful of the cheap boxes maybe a lil computer fan to keep them cool , I got mine for 1500 and I get everything including 5 HBO , NFL , Cinemax I only pay 599 for internet 

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Sure.  There are two ways.

1) RTFM.*

2)Have the nice salesman or saleswoman at the store where you bought the smart TV show you how, Grandpa. ????

*Read the <deleted> manual.

Excellent advice. The manual will most likely be in Thai, without an English version. The nice salesperson will most probably know diddly squat about the product they are selling, along with air conditioners, refrigerators, air purifiers, Bluetooth earbuds - need I go on?

Any other useful advice, SFB?