Rain, rain and rain!

57 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

We had rain yesterday early morning and another fall in the afternoon. At a guess a total under 10mm.

By the way anyone know where I can buy a rain gauge in Sisaket?

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.home.search.1.1125719cozV7kF&q=rain gauge&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--1745723082990495811__abId--154857__pvid--bc72d196-63c4-44fa-bf93-76c49fad6f6a&from=suggest_normal&sugg=rain gauge_0_1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

We received our first rains since September last. Started about 10 last night and stopped about 5 this morning. Kap Choeng/Surin????

I was sound asleep but my b/f says only 2 hours in Prasat.

• Like 1

I am in Lampang. Three nights ago it was all mouth and trousers after the sky blacked up, thunder and lightning reared its beautiful head, but rain? Extremely little, which was added from even less in the last 5 months. My wife told me that what spits and spots we had were created from above by the King's project!

But I am not surprised - it is the dry season!

Where I am in Kalasin it started raining at daybreak and stopped around 2pm. So cold I had to put a shirt on, and this is the hot season - the government said so, from 29th February, so it must be true. Flooded the garden. Wife is pleased as she takes up to two hours in the morning and two more in the evening to water the plants and trees.

• Like 2

Pouring down here in Prasat now. Coming straight down, no wind. Lovely.

Weeds are smiling. Lawns still in bed, scratching their collective bottom and wondering what's happening ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kickstart said:

Photos of our land ,and as been said what rain ,we are in Lopburi province ,the first photo is my walking stick against a fence post ,second photo  a crack in our land  with my walking stick in it ,third photo  another part of our field , as an Aussie friend says, More cracks in our field than at our local girls school ,un- quote, never known it so dry in the 11 years we have been here ,field has been like this for the past month.

FJ said he is subsoiling ,no need in our fields nature is doing it for us.

But as has been said it is the dry season ,looking at my rainfall fall records ,if the past is any thing to go on ,no real rain here  until mid April ,just a few showers.  

RIMG1342.JPG

RIMG1344.JPG

RIMG1345.JPG

Some decent cracks there KS,gotta love the clay.

We ended up with 71mm so a good start for us to set things up.

A normal March would deliver about 10mm on the 10th March with next lot at Songkran.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

We had rain yesterday early morning and another fall in the afternoon. At a guess a total under 10mm.

Banggood

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

A normal March would deliver about 10mm on the 10th March with next lot at Songkran.

Hi FJ, The thing is our land is not clay ,just black , more of a heavy loam ,in the rainy season 4 hit's with a hammer will knock a  bamboo fence post a foot plus in to the ground  ,that green steel post is in the ground 1 meter ,I used a post knocker did that one  in last years hot season ,others I have done in the rainy season  10 hits it is in the ground  the one meter, it gets almost bottomless when wet ,but water dose still sit on top when we have a lot of rain.

I have been told that our land use to be rice fields hence water still siting on top ,it has been sub soiled ,which helped a bit ,but still a problem ,makes growing of grass difficult, weird land .  

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 8:58 AM, IsaanAussie said:

Here's a good one on Lazada: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wireless-rain-meter-gauge-weather-station-indooroutdoor-temperature-recorder-i236686191-s363023239.html

16 hours ago, Tagged said:

4 rainfalls in 3 days now, so all good. Getting raincatchers on the new roofs, and 6 x 3000L tanks in a few days ready for a new reainseason. Got 14 IBC tanks from before, and also 2 x 6000L at the new pumpstation. 

2F4D023F-F6FC-487A-95AD-93C85BDABF52.jpeg

540D5B4F-3EBD-40DC-8050-B6C8EB4FDAF5.jpeg

Crikey that small roof is going to give you 44000L! You will be needing factory size gutters and downpIpes for sure. 

Edited by Grumpy John
Smeling

Here in Udon it rained from Tuesday to Friday! First rain since early October for us. About 100 mm. I was just about to plant some seeds in the garden on Tuesday, now waiting for the porridge to dry out enough, maybe ok by tonight. Last weekend installed a pump in one of our ponds to provide water for our trees, only got to use it once ..... will not need it again for a while.

• Like 2

2m3 in the tank  from last night rain from the bungalow behind roof, 1,2m3 from the front one, 1,5m3 from the pump house roof. As quick we have hooked up all tanks, to all roofs, we will have good use of all of them. 

23785206-2DA4-4AE9-893C-B503104EF1A2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, farmerjo said:

On 3/6/2020 at 7:24 PM, kickstart said:

Photos of our land ,and as been said what rain ,we are in Lopburi province ,the first photo is my walking stick against a fence post ,second photo  a crack in our land  with my walking stick in it ,third photo  another part of our field , as an Aussie friend says, More cracks in our field than at our local girls school ,un- quote, never known it so dry in the 11 years we have been here ,field has been like this for the past month.

FJ said he is subsoiling ,no need in our fields nature is doing it for us.

But as has been said it is the dry season ,looking at my rainfall fall records ,if the past is any thing to go on ,no real rain here  until mid April ,just a few showers.  

RIMG1342.JPG

RIMG1344.JPG

RIMG1345.JPG

It was our turn last night and most of to-day ,it rained 71 mm ,the third most in one time I have recorded ,

in 4 years ,and it is only March ,two days ago recorded 42 c about the highest temperature I have recorded ,not yet April ,definitely something  in global warming, and a  5 hour power cut that seemed to effect a large area of our Amphoe .

On the plus side wifes daughter and  son in law will be out planting cassava tomorrow 500 baht /rie ,some of the money will be put aside for fertilizer for they rice farm .

Les see if the rain has saved  some of my Nappier grass ,one area looks well dead wife  says it will recover ,we shall see.

Some of those crack in the land will still be they ,going to need another 70 mm to get rid of those . 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, Tagged said:

Rain in western part of chaiyaphum ????⛈????

Yep,  and parts of Phetchabun.  Thung Salaeng Luang national park got the rain on the South side according to the Met radar but it never got to here. All of 18km! 

• Like 1