Rain, rain and rain!

Lucky you!  Any breeze around here is tinged with the smell of burning something!  Saturday I catch a wiff of plastic burning so I start my usual rant ie 'D1ckhe@d Thai's have something wrong in the head' and it turns out it was my wife burning the plastic kiddie pool with some garden waste.  This burning off is the single biggest thing that annoys me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

How lucky are we!   More rain.  It rained a week ago...10mm or so but this morning 15mm,  20mm and 15mm.   I saved us spending 2 days watering the trees and will help put some groundwater in the dam.  The down side is once the rain comes so to do the weeds. ????

1/3 of my tanks full after last nights rain. And still need to hook up two more 3m3 tanks. I guess the investment in tanks going to pay of in the lenght for sure. Also had to block water from going to the pond, since it got to full. 

Edited by Tagged

The weather dept saying it's a "La Nina" year so we may not get the long wet season.  All those with lots of tanks and deep bores will be OK.  Wells here can be a bit fickle.  We use villAge water but still use the well a little.  B-in-L + 3 use the well a lot more and it does run dry for a month or so.   The situation will become worse as the wife's deadbeat brother, his old granny wife and her useless kid have moved in. I am not happy about that but it's difficult to do anything about it.  What annoys me is Montre got Mar to borrow 150.000 baht in her name....she is a pensioner now and gets 700 baht a month, total income for year less than 20.000 baht.   And he hasn't paid jack towards the loan.  A true Rsole if ever there was one! Then there's the old granny wifes kid.   Supposedly can't work because she has a thyroid problem.  Really?  My wife had a thyroid problem but still managed to run one of our shops in Pattaya working 60 hours a week...then when we came up country she still did the mango orchard,  rice and corn for a few years till I stopped her.  I think this girl is just workshy....lazy!  And now their here.  ???? Off track again, but I am not really happy at the mo.  This Rsole had better do something to earn his keep......  Yer,  like pruning our mango trees over at Nam Om...Yer baby,  I  feel better already!  Ps: And where is the 150.000 baht now???  That's the $64 question! 

Edited by Grumpy John
Ps:

14 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The weather dept saying it's a "La Nina" year so we may not get the long wet season.  All those with lots of tanks and deep bores will be OK.  Wells here can be a bit fickle.  We use villAge water but still use the well a little.  B-in-L + 3 use the well a lot more and it does run dry for a month or so.   The situation will become worse as the wife's deadbeat brother, his old granny wife and her useless kid have moved in. I am not happy about that but it's difficult to do anything about it.  What annoys me is Montre got Mar to borrow 150.000 baht in her name....she is a pensioner now and gets 700 baht a month, total income for year less than 20.000 baht.   And he hasn't paid jack towards the loan.  A true Rsole if ever there was one! Then there's the old granny wifes kid.   Supposedly can't work because she has a thyroid problem.  Really?  My wife had a thyroid problem but still managed to run one of our shops in Pattaya working 60 hours a week...then when we came up country she still did the mango orchard,  rice and corn for a few years till I stopped her.  I think this girl is just workshy....lazy!  And now their here.  ???? Off track again, but I am not really happy at the mo.  This Rsole had better do something to earn his keep......  Yer,  like pruning our mango trees over at Nam Om...Yer baby,  I  feel better already!  Ps: And where is the 150.000 baht now???  That's the $64 question! 

Sounds like you need a beer mate ....Good luck!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

555!  A silenced 9mm with a full magazine would come in handy!  The one problem is from lack of rain the ground is tough to dig.  We would need 3 holes or one large one. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Looking good mate,  all you need now is some fish And yabbies in that pond.  Must admit I would not be up for all that work....plenty of workers to do it at 300 baht/day! 

Prawns and fish ????

Havent seen the prawns for awhile, but should be double in size now. 

948E2853-0A2D-40D6-855C-84194AE1FB7F.jpeg

D73D2A04-61B5-42BE-B702-10B07BC37C82.jpeg

729B9622-B52C-4BBC-AD56-B0263641974F.jpeg

C88310D5-1ABB-4AC3-87F7-2DD88592A32B.jpeg

BA350B7E-D5A1-4C81-BDF5-E24A2FC2137D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Just showed the pixs to the missus.  She got all excited when she saw goong and bla!  The Way to a Thai girls heart is a pond full of food!   Cook it for her and you will be in like Flynn. 

Here it is food and flowers! Easy to maintain as long she stay close to  family, hire them both 14 work days a 5000,- baht each, divided on 4 days a week, so we have friday, saturday and sunday to our selves in peace. 

Im the expensive one and the drive, but a hobby cost and it could have been worse! I could have started doing golf. What a waste of time and money ????????

just a joke between me and my buddy. I do mot understand his passion, and he mine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

We got steady rain here last night and drissle now.  Will shortly jump on the bike and go check the rain gauges.  I got young trees up on the wifes hilly dry orchard country that need water every second day.  When it rains it pushes back the next watering which I do with buckets.  

PS: The video is from March.

Just some few drops here yesterday, and as before, it looks like the rain go around us. 

• Like 2

Can I ask what are you trying to achieve with these drains? Please don't get me wrong, I am not being critical just curious as it seems you could generate water speeds in that system faster than bobsled runs. I am designing a rainwater harvesting for our farm and it is all about slowing the water down and filling recharge pits and ponds. Maximising capture of rain water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see where the ATV is?

There was a short clip where my atv was parked behind the scene of water dripping from teh roof in to the tank. So kind of overflow system from the pond to the new pond, and also direct from the dikes that is connected to each other. 

image.jpg

A9E4809F-B0D1-4E71-9B55-6FE2D52989F2.jpeg

Edited by Tagged

14 hours ago, Tagged said:

There was a short clip where my atv was parked behind the scene of water dripping from teh roof in to the tank. So kind of overflow system from the pond to the new pond, and also direct from the dikes that is connected to each other. 

image.jpg

A9E4809F-B0D1-4E71-9B55-6FE2D52989F2.jpeg

I saw the ATV somewhere after I posted...different thread maybe???  Yellow and Black colour.  I couldn't make out the name, bad eyes, and I got all excited thinking it said Honda, but I blew the pix up in size and it said Kodick...or something like that.  Chinese made I presume. 

We had a good shower here in the village yesterday about 4 in the arvo.  Got out to the Nam Om block 5km, East from here, and not a dammed drop!  The wife went the other way to our small block and no rain there either!  

We had a good shower here in the village yesterday about 4 in the arvo.  Got out to the Nam Om block 5km, East from here, and not a dammed drop!  The wife went the other way to our small block and no rain there either!  

I found this post earlier

We are almost done now with dikes, and starting at the last roof (garage and workshop + carport) to hook up the last tanks, and ready for rain. But same here, the rain goes around us. We got the dam wind, but rain, nothing much to talk about. Just one medium shower so far this year, and 5-6 smaller decent showers, so we did not need to water the day after. But thats it. 

I will make a rain calendar next year when things around here hopefully have slowed down a bit. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Full water tanks for 3 months almost. Been good year, compare to last, even the locals says it was better last year. I doubt. Next year I will logg my waterlevels from beginning since all tanks and roofs  was not connected this year. 48m3 rainwater tanks and 55 - 60m3 waterpond. Could had 200m3 with rainwater tanks, and Im sure it would have been full now. And we did not need to use any pond water this rainseason at all, so I might just digg the one I have deeper, and skip making a bigger pond. 

Been great to see the land evolving from poor and exploited depleted soil last year to green and productive this year. 

Dikes have also served its pupose well

FCAB6A12-FAA0-4D9E-A878-8C201749B861.jpeg

6117EEF3-2CE1-4354-990D-1E02E169C065.jpeg

726F5131-C571-42DA-82DD-1EB4410EAA2F.jpeg

081A992F-2058-47FB-8EED-453D20214A93.jpeg

8C10FA9B-35D4-459F-80B3-21E814438706.jpeg

C48E276E-AB52-4A87-A6CA-A06CF6D83234.jpeg

05A28A60-57FB-48D9-841E-4A66076B602D.jpeg

B7F3045B-39D4-4A37-A49D-B7F245D43D9A.jpeg

92A62A24-FD70-469B-A2EA-C57BC6FED0C6.jpeg

89B38A0D-A516-4D0F-9294-B8997AB381C2.jpeg

C07C5374-4020-4504-863E-26D1B5AFD2CC.jpeg

5F6D8235-F47A-42CD-8B3E-22A227E4963E.jpeg

D71F6359-A353-4CD8-8EDB-ADDDC44A2FAE.jpeg

C554FCB0-695B-4CFE-801A-259946793C18.jpeg

2B248A5A-F220-4768-9F55-C1F3C313DA29.jpeg

41935E5C-E958-4209-A4C6-A6AF68257B17.jpeg

• Like 2

We have had 98mm out of this storm over past 3 days.

Was half way through seeding and had to park up,lot of standing water.

Will assess in a weeks time whether to continue or start again!

All my dams were full and creek flowing months a go so didn't need it.

But if it has helped others out,happy to take one for the team.