Songkran and Covid-19: Water wars cancelled all over Thailand but authorities "powerless" to stop Khao San Road fight

webfact

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy to see a spark of common sense has found its way into thinking. And given its current water shortage issues, saving water at the same time as preventing a possible spread of the virus, really does seem like a no brainer.

drunk Thai's and dumb farangs.  sounds like a great party

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

Weren't the Khao San Songkran activities cancelled last year due to the build up to the Coronation?

I won't say any more!

...another 'Corona' type word...i had a Toyota Corona when i was young, became popular and one could say the model went 'viral'...seen a few eclipses..but never tried Corona beer.

9 minutes ago, NoComment said:

It should be stopped and the RTP patrolling Khao San Road would enable this.

The tourists may not care because they think that they will be home by the time they have any symptoms. However, unfortunately, they will pass the virus onto the ordinary, hard working Thai people.

The powers that be(from the very top down) should stop sitting with their millions, investments, their own little bubbles and think about their own citizens, not themselves.

Then the alarm clock went off..... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How true.

The only problem is how will the government explain all the foreign tourists shot dead by the army?

A Misunderstanding

Does that old chestnut work on non-Thais?

Dog Doo !  Khao san road was on it's way down a couple of years ago when the BIB were painting runways up and down the street, playing brown shirt squads ........ Now the latest joke, "Khao San Road's event - at least in terms of a water fight - could yet go ahead after a business leader suggested the authorities might be powerless to stop it."  So you're telling me that the "Authorities might be powerless".........  Have you ever stood in front of a tank ?