Renewal Of My Retirement Visa Early, 2 Months Early

This is a bit complicated so maybe one of the moderators knows the answer but I’m thinking I have to go out to Chang Wattana and get some answers there.

Anyway here goes.

• My Retirement Visa Expires on August 5th 2020. (4 Months From Now)

• I am planning on renewing it with the 65,000 baht per month international transfers.

• I currently have 8 months of verified internal transfers from Kasikorn Bank  (4 more to go until August).

• I would like to leave Thailand sometime in June or July (1 to 2 months before my Retirement Visa needs to be renewed) to return home to care for an ailing parent.

• I would be leaving 1 to 2 months before my renewal date.

THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS

• Can I renew my Retirement Visa 1 or 2 months early?
  • If they will let me renew early what would they need to see an airline ticket?

• If Thai Immigration says that I can not renew early this would be my plan.

MY PLAN

• Leave Thailand in either June or July.
  • I continue to make my monthly international transfers into my Thai bank account.
  • I would return to Thailand in November on a Tourist Visa.  In November I would have 15 international transfers in a row.

BIG QUESTION

• Can I reapply for my Retirement Visa in November while on a Tourist Visa using my letter from Kasikorn Bank showing at that point, 15 months of internal transfers?

Thanking you in advance for your responses.

Cheers

On early extension of your permission to stay, that is a definite maybe. It really depends on the immigration official you deal with. Before requesting it, document both your travel plans and the justification for being away from Thailand between June and November.

On the conversion from a tourist entry to a non immigrant entry based on retirement, in principle, I think those regular transfers will be accepted for the financial proof. Nothing is 100% certain though.

CW allow up to 45 days, however they can allow earlier extension in cases such as yours. Best get all your stuff together and try at CW with any supporting evidence you can put together and try to obtain your extension early

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Provided all your other paperwork is in order, I should think you want to show them a plane ticket for outward & return, plus a doctor's letter re your sick parent. (Sorry to hear, btw!) Much better to keep continuous retirement visas.

The OP is talking about "renewing retirement visa" what he means is applying for 12 month extension of stay based on retirement. Visas are not continuous. They cannot be renewed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Provided all your other paperwork is in order, I should think you want to show them a plane ticket for outward & return, plus a doctor's letter re your sick parent. (Sorry to hear, btw!) Much better to keep continuous retirement visas.

Why is it much better to keep continuous visa?

I am also thinking of having a few months break in the future and reapply for a new one.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Apply for a new Non-imm O visa based on retirement.

That's a 90 day visa and you would need to apply for annual extension prior to its expiry. 

Some time back there was a guy suggesting just keep obtaining non o as option over setv. Or whatever. 

IMHO if someone has existing permission of stay based on retirement it would be best to maintain it even if going out of Thailand for extended break. Reentry permit would protect you permission of stay.

• Like 1

They seem to be very strict on this and insist on 45 maximum. I even went 46 days early. Had to come back next day. But they accepted my application and had the retirement  extension ready for me the next day. This was Hua Hin. Always nice staff there.

7 minutes ago, gamini said:

They seem to be very strict on this and insist on 45 maximum. I even went 46 days early. Had to come back next day. But they accepted my application and had the retirement  extension ready for me the next day. This was Hua Hin. Always nice staff there.

Did not know HH allowed up to 45 days. Thanks.

Granted the OP couldn't just swan into CW earlier than the 45, however with emergency issues and docs to back it up then possible they would process extension early. 

OP writes that he plans to exit Thailand June/July, that's 3-4 months from now.  By that time he will have 12 months of 65.000 THB foreign origin proven monthly income transfers.  His current permission to stay ends August 5, so he can apply from July 6 (if his local IO allows 30 day early application) or even from June 21, if his local IO allows 45 day early application.

So easiest for him would thus be to apply for the 1-year extension of stay of his current Non Imm O - retirement Visa either after June 21 or after July 6.

The application for a retirement extension is approved (or refused) same day.

After successful application he would also need to buy a Re-Entry Permit (can be done at same IO where he applied for the extension), this to keep his newly obtained 1-year permission to stay 'alive' when exiting Thailand.

= = = = =

Notes of relevance to avoid unpleasant surprises when applying:

1. OP writes that he has 'verified' international transfers at his Kasikorn Bank.  But he would also need a 12-month bank statement  issued by Kasikorn Bank Headquarters, to prove that these transfers are indeed 'international' (the regular TRN-code in the KK bankbook stands for domestic transfer and will not be accepted).  Such a 12-month HQ issued statement will take a couple of days, so enquire at your KK local branch and request timely so that you have it available on the day of your application.

2. Please note that your local IO also might want to see proof of the 'source of the income'  when applying for a Visa application or extension of stay.  Some IOs only accept a pension statement issued from you home-country pension-provider.  And some even insist that such a pension statement is accompanied with an income-letter from the applicants embassy, making it impossible for US, UK or Australian applicants to use the monthly-income method.

So better enquire at your local IO about any additional requirements they impose when using the monthly-income method.

• Like 2

As the more pedantic members keep stating, its the Extension of Stay you are needing, as opposed to the actual visa. 
you can apply early but will need, as some have said, a valid reason, paperwork to back this up, copy of exit flight ticket etc etc. 
But I see another problem which may occur. You say you are using 65k income method, clearly, if applying two/ three months early, you do not have the full 12 month history of income. Some Immigration Officers are not going to like that. So you need to go along and check this at your specific Immigration Office. Do not necessarily rely on advice on here for this, as different Offices interpret the rules differently. 

27 minutes ago, anfh said:

As the more pedantic members keep stating, its the Extension of Stay you are needing, as opposed to the actual visa. 
you can apply early but will need, as some have said, a valid reason, paperwork to back this up, copy of exit flight ticket etc etc. 
But I see another problem which may occur. You say you are using 65k income method, clearly, if applying two/ three months early, you do not have the full 12 month history of income. Some Immigration Officers are not going to like that. So you need to go along and check this at your specific Immigration Office. Do not necessarily rely on advice on here for this, as different Offices interpret the rules differently. 

The difference between an application for a Visa and an extension of stay, is quite relevant in this case. 

When applying for an extension of stay he will need to provide evidence of 12 months of at least 65.000 THB transfers with foreign origins proven.

When applying for a NEW Non Imm O - retirement Visa, he will only need 1 or 2 of such transfers.

Your suggestion that he contacts his local IO to enquire about their interpretation of the 'official' IO rules/regulations and possible additional requirements that his IO enforces, is indeed sound advice.