Thailand road carnage: Bodies all over the road in Chonburi horror smash

rooster59

Thailand road carnage: Bodies all over the road in Chonburi horror smash

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwOS84MDQ3NjAyLzNib2R5LmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Daily News

Daily News reported that there were bodies all over the road after a motorcycle carrying four people, including two young children, was involved in a collision with a car.

Three people from the same family were killed and one boy is in hospital.

A relative who arrived on the horrific scene on Route 3245 in Bor Thong district said that Phusanisa, 23, had been to collect two children aged 4 and 7 from school and a 50 year old man from a center for the handicapped.

Phusanisa, Sanchai, 50, and a four year old called Thanyachanok in Kindergarten 1 were dead at the scene.

A boy thought to be seven years old was taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The four family members were on a Fino motorcycle that was involved in a collision with a Vios car. The occupants of the car, a 37 year old woman and 32 year old man were also taken to hospital.

Daily News said the accident occurred when the car swerved to avoid a motorcycle and hit the family on another bike traveling in the opposite lane.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-07
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No surprise, just a normal day here.

Nothing will change but prepare for another 10+ pages of advice from expats and visitors that don't understand the Thais don't give a fig. 

it that your advise 

so sad RIP

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Without any doubt it was the car driver's fault in not anticipating danger. How do I know? Well, having driven in Thailand for over 5 years, it's become my norm to engage defensive driving at all times - because for the very reason that the majority of other road users could well be idiots.

What a truly horrific and sad "Accident "

RIP the poor casualties, and my condolences to the victims families and Loved ones.

When I learned to drive back in the Uk in 1972 ( I think ), My Instructor upon sitting in the Car with me would always say " threat every other Road user as a complete Idiot "

Words that I remember to this day, and on more than one occasion saved me from having an Accident here in Thailand.

Daily News said the accident occurred when the car swerved to avoid a motorcycle and hit the family on another bike traveling in the opposite lane.

Very sad news in a country that was once called the Land of Smiles. RIP. 

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

It never ceases to amaze me that these people can't recognise reckless driving, and driving with undue care and attention, which it seriously seems to be the case here, and immediately charge the drivers with it. He obviously wasn't paying attention or he wouldn't have needed to suddenly swerve and wasn't looking at what was coming the opposite way, or he wouldn't have pulled into the wrong lane and wiped three people out.

"when the car swerved to avoid a motorcycle and hit the family"

It is not said in the article, but wouldn't you swerve when suddenly in the middle of the night a motorcycle without lights and a driver all in black clotches suddenly appears in front of your car?

I would.

Very sad for the family on the motorcycle and wish the driver of the car stenght with carrying this horror scene for life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thailand Noobie said:

Hmm, what if that another motorbike did something that make the car swerving? And you blame direct to car driver. 

And I would like to see the driver that has the nerves to decide between one(?) dead or four dead in fractions of a second.

• Like 1