‘Little ghost’ gets Chiang Mai spooked

rooster59

‘Little ghost’ gets Chiang Mai spooked

By The Nation

800_806cb153a520f0e.jpg

A “little ghost” has apologised after causing alarm in Chiang Mai by posting on social media photos of herself drinking in a pub – almost as soon as she returned home from her illegal job in South Korea.

The woman, who has not been named, has met with health authorities after being prodded by the police and has been cleared of Covid-19 viral infection.

The photos posted online on Thursday (March 5) had the caption “Let’s kill coronavirus” – presumably with an alcoholic drink.

She said she just got home from Incheon, South Korea, and was ignoring the authorities’ request to spend 14 days at home in self-quarantine.

The post was widely shared and triggered fear and outrage.

As an illegal labourer overseas, she’s referred to in Thailand as phi noi – a “little ghost”

Dr Chatuchai Maneerat of the Chiang Mai Public Health Department said police got in touch with the woman and determined she’d actually returned from Anyang in the province of Gyeonggi on Wednesday.

She reported to the health office at noon on Friday, showing no fever or other symptoms.

She agreed to abide by the 14-day self-quarantine directive and apologised to the public for her “ignorance”.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383520

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-07
  • Like 1

"The woman, who has not been named, has met with health authorities after being prodded by the police and has been cleared of Covid-19 viral infection".

I saw an earlier picture of this girl. I thought that under her mask, she would probably be quite attractive,

So my question is this, 

Do you think that, "being prodded by police" means the same as "poking in Woking?"

• Haha 1

My wife's friend just came back from a three year contract in Taiwan,  he went visiting the relatives immediately and going out to restaurants. 

Let's hope what the say about the heat killing the virus or preventing it from spreading is true. 

Just now, sirineou said:

My wife's friend just came back from a three year contract in Taiwan,  he went visiting the relatives immediately and going out to restaurants. 

Let's hope what the say about the heat killing the virus or preventing it from spreading is true. 

But no-one said anything? Or they were all just happy he paid for them?

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

But no-one said anything? Or they were all just happy he paid for them?

My point is that I personally know of one, I am sure there are many many others.

Do you honestly  think people that have not seen their family for years will self quarantine for 14 days?  

16 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Sex worker is what she does - not who she is.

This lady may well work in the entertainment business, but not all Thais in Korea

are on the game, my sister in law is working in agriculture, getting decent money 

compared to Thailand, but constantly looking over her shoulder and occasionally

moving farms over night as the police are getting wise to them.

I don't doubt her line of work as she and her husband regularly post updates

on Facebook and unless the Koreans have a thing for ladies dressed like

rural Thai rice farmers, complete with oversized hat and face scarf to stop

the sun, I reckon she's behaving herself.

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

An illegal labourer is one way of describing her occupation she needs more probing in other areas to be sure she is free of other lurking surprises????

I'm sure she was frequently probed in S.Korea, and paid handsomely for the experience!

On 3/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, rooster59 said:

She agreed to abide by the 14-day self-quarantine directive and apologised to the public for her “ignorance”.

Wrong word.

She agreed to abide by the 14-day self-quarantine directive and apologised to the public for her "arrogance".

On 3/8/2020 at 12:55 AM, sirineou said:

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-outbreak/covid-19-maldives-confirms-first-two-coronavirus-cases-two-resort-islands-locked-down

Pretty warm in the Maldives. The only thing stopping Thailand having lots of confirmed cases is the lack of confirmed testing. Does anyone here know of anybody being tested??

48 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-outbreak/covid-19-maldives-confirms-first-two-coronavirus-cases-two-resort-islands-locked-down

Pretty warm in the Maldives. The only thing stopping Thailand having lots of confirmed cases is the lack of confirmed testing. Does anyone here know of anybody being tested??

If that is the case, then why are they not having more deaths? Or perhaps are they under reporting or misdiagnosing the cause of deaths? If so is there a a spike in the number of deaths per thousand in Thailand?

Personally I don't know the answer to these questions. 

• 2 weeks later...