Help for my Non O Visa

Hello to everyone, I’m here again. 2 weeks ago i been in jomtien immigration for extend my tourist visa till 26 March. Yesterday I went to jomtien immigration again with my thai wife and with my thai baby with the documents for ask to change the visa from tourist visa to Non immigrant O visa. I’d like to obtain the visa for being parents of thai child. The woman who I talked was very rude and upset because I came already 2 times there ( the first time for ask the documents I need to have for ask the visa ). When she saw me and my wife she said: I hope this time you have all the documents! 
i bring with me these papers: 

-passport of me, wife, thai baby

-id card wife

-tabien baan 

-birth certificate 

-bank statement

-my photo

-photo of me, my wife and baby together

-koh ror 2 and 3

-copy of residence

-copy of tm6

-copy of contract of residence of the condo where we live

the crazy woman she was angry because I don’t put all the documents in the sequence showed in the paper that she gave me. She ask me also these documents:

-the original paper of contract of marry ( we call the agency that took care us and they said that nobody can have the original, they give to everyone the copy, the original must stay inside the office )

-the paper of single status about me translated and legalized from my embassy ( Italian). How can I have this paper if I married?!  Look crazy...

- photos of me, my wife and my daughter in the front and inside of the condo 

- ID card and tabien baan of landlord of condo

Everything must be showed them before 15 days of my visa expiring. From yesterday unfortunately my baby is inside the hospital because have high fever so I don’t think so that I can have all the documents and come back immigration with my baby and my wife before number 11 of March. 

Can anyone suggest me the best solution for have this visa? 

I’m thinking to go savannaketh for ask this visa because maybe is more easy and I can go alone. 
Thank you for support and sorry for my English... 

the original paper of contract of marry ( we call the agency that took care us and they said that nobody can have the original, they give to everyone the copy, the original must stay inside the office )

You don't have the original marriage certificate? Please see attached photo.

An agency can't keep your original certificate, only a copy of it. 

If you're going to Laos, you'll need the original marriage certificate.

They only want to see it and give it back to you, but also want a copy of it.

You can apply for it in the morning and pick it up the next day at 2pm.

But please be aware that you'll need an appointment for Vientiane. Upper northeast/ Nong Khai.

Not for Sawanakhet, which is on the other side of the friendship bridge of Mukdahan/ Isaan.

Marriage certificaste.png

Edited by Isaanbiker

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

the original paper of contract of marry ( we call the agency that took care us and they said that nobody can have the original, they give to everyone the copy, the original must stay inside the office )

You don't have the original marriage certificate? Please see attached photo.

An agency can't keep your original certificate, only a copy of it. 

If you're going to Laos, you'll need the original marriage certificate.

They only want to see it and give it back to you, but also want a copy of it.

You can apply for it in the morning and pick it up the next day at 2pm.

But please be aware that you'll need an appointment for Vientiane. Upper northeast/ Nong Khai.

Not for Sawanakhet, which is on the other side of the friendship bridge of Mukdahan/ Isaan.

Marriage certificaste.png

Thank you for your answer,  yes I have this paper but she said that she want another. They gave me only 2 paper from my wedding. I will try again. 
I don’t know why she have to make action same general army... 

Moreover i don’t understand why I have to bring my paper single translated and legalized from the Italian embassy when I’m asking VISA BEING FAMILY OF THAI CHILD... 
if my baby will quit hospital soon I will try again to ask. 
if something goes wrong I will go Savannaket or Vientiane...

1 hour ago, Eman86th said:

Moreover i don’t understand why I have to bring my paper single translated and legalized from the Italian embassy when I’m asking VISA BEING FAMILY OF THAI CHILD... 

I agree that this seems unnecessary bureaucracy, but there is an explanation.

Besides being the father on the birth certificate, you also need to prove that you were married at the time of the birth (or that the birth has been legitimised via the court).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coastman63 said:

For non o visa based on marriage at the Thai Consulate at Savvankhet you need originals and copies of both marriage certificates and signed by wife

Image result for marriage certificate thailandImage result for marriage certificate thailand

The on the left is not a marriage certificate (the link for it says it is a divorce certificate). The one the right is a marriage certificate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eman86th said:

change the visa from tourist visa to Non immigrant O visa. I’d like to obtain the visa for being parents of thai child. 

If you are over 50, Non-O can be simple.

Just keep 800K baht in a thai bank all year .

immigration just needs to see your bank book, bank letter, and proof of residence.

Sorry your method for obtaining a Non-O for being a parent is not working for you.

Hang in there, maybe try a different day and someone else will be working at that station

Edited by Skallywag

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I agree that this seems unnecessary bureaucracy, but there is an explanation.

Besides being the father on the birth certificate, you also need to prove that you were married at the time of the birth (or that the birth has been legitimised via the court).

Are you sure about that statement?

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

If you are over 50, Non-O can be simple.

Just keep 800K baht in a thai bank all year .

immigration just needs to see your bank book, bank letter, and proof of residence.

Sorry your method for obtaining a Non-O for being a parent is not working for you.

Hang in there, maybe try a different day and someone else will be working at that station

I’m 33 ... and in my bank statement that I showed have more of 400.000 ( I think under 50 need to have more of 400.000 ).
Anyway thank you to all for the answers. About the paper of marriage I have already the original and I will bring the same even if she said that I need another paper ( I don’t know what she mean ).

i very upset because I been already two times in immigration and I’m boring for the way of how she talk. In addiction of this I need that the paper of single status being translated ( English an Thai ) and legalized in bangkok from my embassy.  

2 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:

Provide evidence for what you claim

I’ve applied myself as the parent of a Thai with my wife present at two different offices. The first application was at the suggestion of a senior Officer at Chaengwattana.

If you are the parent and spouse of a Thai you can apply on either basis. There is absolutely nothing in the ‘rules’ that states only single parents can apply as a parent.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

Read the bracket bit.

I was recorded as the father on my daughters Birth Certificate but not married at the time. Now married so do I still need to have this legitimised. 

9 minutes ago, sherwood said:

I was recorded as the father on my daughters Birth Certificate but not married at the time. Now married so do I still need to have this legitimised. 

Getting married to your child's mother legitimizes your parenthood.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, Eman86th said:

When she saw me and my wife she said: I hope this time you have all the documents! 

That includes the ones she is about to "invent" on the spot, because you still didn't get the message, and pay her agent-partner.  They don't care about your Thai family - likely resent them, for having you in their lives.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, Eman86th said:

I’m thinking to go savannaketh for ask this visa because maybe is more easy and I can go alone. 

It's that or pay 25K or so through an agent.  I used Savannakhet, because after they were horrible to my wife, I couldn't stomach the thought of rewarding them with agent-money.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, Eman86th said:

I need that the paper of single status being translated ( English an Thai ) and legalized in bangkok from my embassy.

That's an "undocumented" reqirement.  They know most won't have it anymore - a way of blocking perfectly legitimate applications, when stubborn people (like you and me) refuse to pay their agent-partner.  I had this, and they were even angrier when I pulled it out of my stack of documents.  Each time I met another undocumented-requiremement, they seethed with even more hate.

You didn't list the house book and purchase-agreement from the condo-owner - they add those on (perpahps one per application-attempt) when you show up the next time(s).  Having an up-to-date TM-30, and home-visit coming doesn't matter - it's not about "the truth" with them - it's about agent-money.

My next try will be in Bangkok (where I live now), but I cannot find an agent here who will do it.  I'd like to arrange an agent-payment, so this crew will not have the opportunity interrogate my wife like a criminal.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, Skallywag said:

... maybe try a different day and someone else will be working at that station

When I was there, there were 2, working in tandem to maximize agent-applications and abuse honest-applicants.

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

That includes the ones she is about to "invent" on the spot, because you still didn't get the message, and pay her agent-partner.  They don't care about your Thai family - likely resent them, for having you in their lives.

It's that or pay 25K or so through an agent.  I used Savannakhet, because after they were horrible to my wife, I couldn't stomach the thought of rewarding them with agent-money.

That's an "undocumented" reqirement.  They know most won't have it anymore - a way of blocking perfectly legitimate applications, when stubborn people (like you and me) refuse to pay their agent-partner.  I had this, and they were even angrier when I pulled it out of my stack of documents.  Each time I met another undocumented-requiremement, they seethed with even more hate.

You didn't list the house book and purchase-agreement from the condo-owner - they add those on (perpahps one per application-attempt) when you show up the next time(s).  Having an up-to-date TM-30, and home-visit coming doesn't matter - it's not about "the truth" with them - it's about agent-money.

My next try will be in Bangkok (where I live now), but I cannot find an agent here who will do it.  I'd like to arrange an agent-payment, so this crew will not have the opportunity interrogate my wife like a criminal.

When I was there, there were 2, working in tandem to maximize agent-applications and abuse honest-applicants.

Hi, thank you for answer. Today I been in the agency next to the immigration and same you post before they ask me 25k. 25k for 90 days and other 25k for 1years. I said to him that them crazy and I go far away from this place.

When I was there I saw people from agency bring letters to the desk number 7 from the windows. For sure have money inside. 

Think that before go there I call Italian embassy for ask the paper single legalized from that and they said to me: what you talk about? We cannot give you this paper if you married! ???? 

Fortunately I said to my wife: I don’t want try to go to see this woman again because for sure they will ask another thing. Now that I read what you write before I’m sure, thank you for this.

Anyway I hear ”strange” stories about this immigration....

Now I’m looking to go in Savannakhet or Malaysia for ask visa. Unfortunately now Vietnam don’t accept Italian people. 

thank you for everyone! 

6 minutes ago, Eman86th said:

Hi, thank you for answer. Today I been in the agency next to the immigration and same you post before they ask me 25k. 25k for 90 days and other 25k for 1years. I said to him that them crazy and I go far away from this place.

Oh, you still have to deal with the "change of visa" desk first - my experience above was with the "family" desk.  The "change of visa" office is even worse - they wouldn't issue me one either.  I'd go to Savannakhet for at least the 90-day Non-O.

After that, you can try the family desk - but have those landlord docs I listed, in addition to everything else on the "official" list.  My landlord's house-book for our condo was deemed "too old" - was the 3rd application-attempt excuse, so I ended up getting a 1-Year-Non-O-ME Visa at Savannakhet.