Shop over charging for prints?

Haddo

anyone come across this before? I just took some photos to be printed at <removed> at Emporium, 12x8 prints are 50 baht, except for one that I've photoshopped myself of 20 ID pics of me in a frame which I also would like printed 12x8in. No sir, that one will cost you 300baht! Why? It's our policy. Even though it's your camera, and you've done all of the work..... No amount of arguing would make them change their minds. Protecting their own ID photo business. Anyone think this is wrong?

Edited by ubonjoe
removed business name due to forum rule about libel/defamation
  • Confused 1

Nothing wrong, at all. 

They told you what their charges were before you had the work done, and that was their normal charge for that work, so you were not "overcharged". 

You may not have appreciated their prices but there was no overcharge.  There was an easy way out of that situation, get the work done cheaper, elsewhere.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Thanks 1

No I was not overcharged as I didn't accept it, but they are still overcharging by setting a higher price for an identical service. I did walk away and didn't use their services which is of course everyone's right. At least they told me in advance that it would cost more. Is this common practice in the photo printing business? Has anyone experienced it elsewhere?  

48 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Nothing wrong, at all. 

They told you what their charges were before you had the work done, and that was their normal charge for that work, so you were not "overcharged". 

You may not have appreciated their prices but there was no overcharge.  There was an easy way out of that situation, get the work done cheaper, elsewhere.

He walked, did not get the work done,so I am sure he

will find a print shop that has different policies.

regards worgeordie

38 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Nothing wrong, at all. 

He walked, did not get the work done,so I am sure he

will find a print shop that has different policies.

Really, where did you read that "he walked"?  He didn't say that in his OP.

"I am sure he will find a print shop that has different policies".

Obviously.  That was my point.

Edit:  Oops, just seen his follow-up post after the notification of your response!  Never mind.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Haddo said:

At least they told me in advance that it would cost more. Is this common practice in the photo printing business? Has anyone experienced it elsewhere?  

"Is this common practice in the photo printing business?"

Yes, it is.  Every photo shop that I've used, without exception, has told me the price beforehand as long as I've asked for it.

• Thanks 1