Thailand Free To Air TV Channels - Cannot Receive Soap Channels et al

PETERTHEEATER

Just got back after a three month absence.

My wife has a digital TV with FTA Sat box.

Switched on the system and, as expected, the sat box automatically started to download software updates which took several minutes.

On completion I find that only those dreadful sales channels are showing plus the 'M' Channel and one cartoon channel. All of the regular TV channels such as TV3, TV5, TV7 etc are absent. Clicking to through the programme from 001 onwards provides the required Channel banner but no audio or video just a line of Thai text, the same for each missing channel .

I tried switching the box to a second satellite but result is the same.

Something has changed in my absence can anyone please explain?

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

13 minutes ago, CLS said:

We had to change the LNB 3-4 months ago. Had also a Thai text banner like you do.

Thanks. I have been looking on line without success. If a new LNB is required I assume that a C Band sat has been discontinued.

Ha ha! From about 1700 hours there are now no Channels. All show (in Thai) NO SIGNAL. I have two TVs one with a PSI 2 Digital Box and the other with a GMM HD Smile. Both set up and receiving signals from THAICOM 5 on C Band and Ku Band.

Now there is NO SIGNAL on every channel so what satellite have they shifted to? I spent three hours on the web looking for info without luck even on the STB Company websites although I think PSI were (trying) to show that the C Band had been discontinued.

Surely we have some comms men amongst our members who can point me to the reason if not the solution/

16 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Thanks. I have been looking on line without success. If a new LNB is required I assume that a C Band sat has been discontinued.

Do not believe there has been any change for C band (large antenna).  Believe just the KU band moved to a different polarity transponder (but do not use KU so have not followed).  

My local satellite man came round this evening an installed a replacement LNB then switched the polarity on our two STBs, Ten minute job and all channels restored. Wife breathing a sigh of relief but not as big as my relief. Watching sales channels in the evening tempts her to order COD rubbish we don't need or want????

Peter, just out of interest how much did he charge you as I have my Sat man coming on Friday to fix mine & re-tune box.

Also you are not alone about yr wife buying junk stuff COD from some of those ads !!!!!! 555