The week that was in Thailand news: Don't mention the virus! And above all, don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

rooster59

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The situation was so serious that Facebook executives noted a worrying drop in the number of dinners being posted.

That one caused a long audible laugh from me.

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Health minister and DPM (Der Plonker Minister) Anutin Charnvirakul backtracked on his rant against a foreigner who wouldn't accept a mask.

That could be said about most of the however-many DPMs we have.

I'm still keen on using two hyphens and adding 'here' to refer to him as 'A-nut-in here'. Btw, 'Aye ferang' - it's not a slur, I'm Scottish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear Rooster, Thanks for showing so many media outlets what is meant by 'responsible journalism' when discussing Covid-19 - a welcome piece of objective and non-sensational writing. Also I wish that the cruel and heartless goons administering the Windrush victims in Britain could read your remarks about their opposite numbers in Thailand.

• Confused 1

I'm afraid the relatives of the deceased around the World disagree with you.   It seems you didn't have time in your  life to read about Italy,  S Korea, and the old folks home in Washington state.  Perhaps with no all important scrabble tournament's  you can read up  and update your feelings next week and in a month.   For now I out you in the group of "it's just the flu".   

6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I'm afraid the relatives of the deceased around the World disagree with you.   It seems you didn't have time in your  life to read about Italy,  S Korea, and the old folks home in Washington state.  Perhaps with no all important scrabble tournament's  you can read up  and update your feelings next week and in a month.   For now I out you in the group of "it's just the flu".   

i disagree.

It's not as serious as flu.

Rooster

I am not to sure if I am allowed to post this link here ? ... But just Google the "Wuhan Shake" if you haven't seen it already, like sent to me by a Good Chinese Woman in Melaka Malaysia, ... where they all are pretty Urbane actually. ...

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/wuhan-shake-greeting-goes-viral-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

If it's don't mention the virus why does Rooster not mention the much more serious news about the FFP being banned and the rulers continuing harassment of it's former leader as well as the protests about this in Universities and schools?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If it's don't mention the virus why does Rooster not mention the much more serious news about the FFP being banned and the rulers continuing harassment of it's former leader as well as the protests about this in Universities and schools?

Because they don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring.

Rooster

On 3/7/2020 at 7:08 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

I fully agree that Naew Na is a vile, racist, propaganda-ridden pile of liquid scum. So, why does Thai Visa print their articles?

Not worry. Most Thai read thairath, kaosod etc.

Nobody read Naew Na. Ask thai people, most not know it. Ask them. 

Thairath, kaosod not have the stupid immigration story. 

who translate this story for thaivisa? exageratte it? who? 

Pffft

Please tell me what the symptoms of panic look like.  I imagine a bunch of Thais jumping me and beating me up for not wearing a mask.  That is not panic it is a crime.  If people just use common sense everyone will make it through the crisis.

The bottom line is that we are all going to eventually be exposed to this virus and there is no escape from this.  Perhap some people in Antartica can avoid it but eventually we will all have to deal with the virus.  Hiding and wearing masks really won't protect us.

Given that the virus stays with patients after they are "cured" means that like polio there will be no escape.  So we all need to chill.

26 minutes ago, mikebell said:

'Don't tell them your name, Anutin.'

Another great line from Dad's Army.

Our illustrious leader the PM aka Captain Mainwearing I presume?

edit: The German U-boat commander (Philip Madoc) is really Winnie The Poo then.

Edited by bluesofa

Well we now see a bit more clearly that rooster wont be playing in his scrabble tournaments for a much long time.   Gives you since time to read up on topics before you downplay something as serious as a pandemic.