Covid-19: Major Thai bank stops exchanging foreign money

webfact

I picked up 31.83 baht per USD on February 28th on a transfer to my K-bank account, today the rate is down to 31.49, does not make any sense at all

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s only those pesky foreign money transaction that are dangerous. 

Yep, that is the way I read it also.

But its pretty par for the course when it comes to Thai Farmers Bank.

Always been the worst bank out there.

Hope plenty of people take note of this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yep, that is the way I read it also.

But its pretty par for the course when it comes to Thai Farmers Bank.

Always been the worst bank out there.

Hope plenty of people take note of this.

'Hope plenty of people take note of this.' - well, not until they've been sanitised.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
47 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Surely there must be pressure on other banks (and independent money changers) to follow suit?

I think that really means pressure on other banks to panic too. We're doomed.

Why don't they wear masks and protective gloves while handling their number one god?

Have you all got your tinfoil hats on before you contribute your gems of speculative, rumor-mongering wisdom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking as I am going to be in town today, I am going to make a large withdrawal from the ATM then sanitize my hands, you see me thinks that this could spread to the Thai baht, some form of control, paranoia, I mean, just have a look what's happening in Australia, the supermarket stores similar to Tesco and Big C have run out of toilet paper, now that has got to give some people the <deleted>s, oi

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I can't help but wonder how many cases have NOT been reported, or are part of the "official figures", in order to "save face" and "protect the image of Thailand". 

Well to get tested costs 10.000 baht, and if you're tested positiv they'll send you home for 2 weeks...so how many thai will get a test or just stay home for 2 weeks themselves? In case they get really sick they can always go to the hospital.

KTB, like other banks, offer horrible exchange rates anyway. Anyone with a bit of sense changes money only at independent money changers such as Super Rich.

The most laughably ridiculous thing is the KTB money changer located at Suvarnabhumi on the lower ground floor as you're heading to the ARL. It's opposite Super Rich. No one would ever exchange money there because their rates were much lower than Super Rich. Good riddance if they go out of business - unless they adapt to the competition they're bound to die.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1