Covid-19: Major Thai bank stops exchanging foreign money

webfact

On 3/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, webfact said:

In addition all staff who had been working in their FX booths nationwide have been put on a 14 day stay-at-home quarantine. 

Translates as no tourists exchanging currency so lets save paying staff their salary for two weeks.  Thai banks are run for the benefit of Thai bankers; I said Bankers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This has got to be one of the stupidest decision made so far. The staff cannot wash their hands after handling the money. It has causes us a huge headache, from returning from work overseas we handed over some crisp US dollars to be told that they are not handling money!, The stupid woman told my wife to go to a gold shop! and wouldn't listen to the fact that we have had the account for 16 years and how were we to pay out bills.. Her English was so poor and when I asked to see the manager to arrange overdraft she was dumb and switch off thinking she was some kind of law enforcer. My wife was upset and ashamed by her. Pity the normal manager wasn't there! I do hope someone changes this stupid idea very soon!