BANGKOK
JaiMaai

HBO goes to 3BB?

Hopefully can subscribe to HBO separately without the internet.  Had 3BB Fiber before and my experience with them was terrible.   Speeds never reached what was advertised and their customer service and call center are seemed clueless when dealing with them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, arkom said:

Hopefully can subscribe to HBO separately without the internet.  Had 3BB Fiber before and my experience with them was terrible.   Speeds never reached what was advertised and their customer service and call center are seemed clueless when dealing with them. 

You couldn't get HBO from AIS unless you were an AIS customer, so I doubted 3BB would be any different BUT I found the article suggesting HBO will have an app on the Play Store where it can be downloaded and subscribed to for THB 149 pm.

https://tbivision.com/2020/03/09/hbo-go-finds-new-home-with-3bb-in-thailand/ 

Same here with 3BB too, had their service for a year about 4 years ago, pretty abysmal and certainly no desire to go back to them just to chase HBO.  They may even jump ship again in year or two.  No stability.

Edited by SooKee

How does the 3BB TV service work?  Is it really just using a "browser" type interface to select/view TV channels or is it like True and AIS TV boxes?    

18 hours ago, arkom said:

I guess it’s down to the contention ratio In your area. I get good speeds as advertised. Downtime is very rare, usually cause by cables that have broken along the road to my house for unknown reason, once reported the guys arrive pretty swiftly. 

But agreed, I had issues way over the heads of the call centre staff But yet you had to go through unnecessary procedures and repeating myself to people who didn’t have a clue about the issues I was describing before speaking to the IT team, but I guess that applies to a lot of things in Thailand.

19 hours ago, arkom said:

You cannot subscribe to HBO separately, from the terms and conditions:

Customer is required to pay the Internet package fee, which includes HBO GO price of 149 baht and MONOMAX price of 250 baht. 39 baht will be charged after HBO GO is available.

HBO GO and MONOMAX cannot be charged separately from the Internet package. Customer is eligible for GPON ONT rental valued of 2,200 baht and discount on installation fee of 5,000 baht (Entrance Fee 4,800 baht) with 24-month contract. Existing customer who wants to change to this packaged will be renewed 24-month contract.

Having 3BB fiber for about 7 months.

Zero headaches, paying for 100/100 Mbit, getting 200/200 most of the day.

Simply had no reason to test their customer service.

Seems service varies much from region to region.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, arkom said:

You'll find all the service providers are the same

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sophon said:

You cannot subscribe to HBO separately, from the terms and conditions:

You will be able to subscribe to HBO for THB 149 per month via their app to be released in the Google and Apple play stores from 30 March.

Yes this is correct my HBO starts effective on March 30th on my new 3BB account and I’m all hooked up and ready. A lot cheaper than AIS as well but less channels so that’s also going to mean more online streaming but better than what AIS offers as of today! 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 4:46 PM, SooKee said:

You will be able to subscribe to HBO for THB 149 per month via their app to be released in the Google and Apple play stores from 30 March.

Mine was 1200 baht a month but I got their fastest service. 

• Like 1

All they will have on the 30th is HBO and Cinemax but 3BB has a great app where I can still stream a few episodes of a couple of TV shows we’re going to miss for the next couple of weeks not really a big deal at least it’s cheaper service with faster internet. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, arkom said:

Yeah they just gave me a free upgrade from 200/200 to 1000/100 but I can only get 600/100 .............