HBO goes to 3BB?

JaiMaai

On 3/16/2020 at 7:39 AM, Saraburi121 said:

The 3BB App is region locked and I can't download.  AIS play wasn't.  My Apple account is still linked to the US and not sure if I want to change.  I have a Samsung TV, will check to see if I can download the application on it. 

Ok they told me wrong our 3BB technician just installed our 3BB a few minutes ago and yes the app is supposed to be available for download now on iTunes and it is. I just downloaded it on my smart TV AND IT WORKS GREAT ????! HBO GO will be available on March 30th or 31st not exactly sure if it’s the 30th or 31st I’ve heard both probably the 30th like the girl at Terminal originally told me when I set it up a few weeks ago I think.

Because it looks like everything she originally told me was all true and the email I received from 3BB was incorrect and she was right the HBO GO app is available for download now the 3BB technician just showed me and I actually downloaded it on my smart TV and it’s all setup. HBO will be available on March 30th or 31st sounds like probably the 30th is more accurate. 

So yeah I might have to call Apple Care and temporarily change the country region on my iTunes account on my iPhone so I can download the app on our iPhones as well. I haven’t had to do that in a few years but it’s usually pretty easy to switch it back to the United States again for the iTunes region AFTER I successfully download the 3BB HBO GO app on my iPhone also. So yes if you only have one iTunes account you’ll have to at least temporarily change your iTunes region which for me usually requires a phone call to Apple Care.

But I don’t even have to do that really I’ll just temporarily log in to my other Thai region iTunes account that I use on my smart TV on our iPhones and then download the new app, and then just log back into my United States iTunes region. (Rather log back into my United States region iTunes account that’s easier so I won’t have to call the Apple Store hopefully.) In fact now that I recall I’ve actually done that before as well a while ago for another Thai app. So that’s not even an obstacle really we just have to go around a few things in place because of the region but that’s easy enough. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So no issue really I just hate switching cable companies again 3 years later. But currently 3BB is now gonna be the next popular service to replace AIS. Otherwise hey, “I love Lucy” is on the hits channel lol, hey hey, or “Family Ties” staring Michael J. Fox from BEFORE they made Back to the Future in 1985 lol, in fact this new AIS makes me wanna by a DMC Delorean and drive it up to 88 miles per hour and go back in time to before the day AIS lost their contract lol. Instead it was AIS that took their programming on a time machine 40 years into the past. So now I’m taking 3BB “BACK TO THE FUTURE MARTY” ????

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:39 AM, Saraburi121 said:

The 3BB App is region locked and I can't download.  AIS play wasn't.  My Apple account is still linked to the US and not sure if I want to change.  I have a Samsung TV, will check to see if I can download the application on it. 

I actually got some really good news today from 3BB. I had to call them to send their technician back out to my house today because the kid who installed it yesterday messed it up and I was pretty mad because it looked like he broke my smart tv. But the technicians today fixed whatever he did and now it’s working fine. 

The good news I heard from the technicians today is that they told me they are going to bring us an internet cable box WITH A REMOTE CONTROL sort of like we have now with AIS. Now I had no idea we were actually going to get the full deal with like real cable I thought I had to work it all off of the app I downloaded on to my smart tv but no the technicians said we’re getting a real no sht cable box with remote just like our old AIS service!!! So that’s awesome if it’s true they said it’s coming next month on the 31st as soon as HBO GO is available on 3BB so I didn’t know the technicians will be visiting us again in two weeks to finish installing it. So it was kind of a good thing that happened to me today because it turns out my smart tv is fine, and because I was able to learn that information an hour ago from the 3BB technician they actually are going to provide us with like real cable service.

Has 3BB told you anything similar about receiving the cable box and remote next month?

Because today I learned that apparently we’re all getting it next month. So great news about HBO GO, I’m not keeping any of my AIS accounts after this, in fact when the same thing happened with True Vision 3 years ago I dumped all my True accounts as well including their phone service and I switched it all to AIS. So now it’s 3BB but I’ll probably just keep our AIS phone numbers, AIS did used to provide a good service while it lasted anyway but didn’t last much more than 3 years. But you’re absolutely right about downloading it on your iPhone if you’re iTunes account is set to the United States as mine has always been for 10 years at least. In fact I’m gonna fix all that today if I can since we’re gonna be home for a while anyway it looks like with everything going on. Lol, that could have been a good argument for trying to get AIS to at least keep it a little longer since so many people are staying in doors right now.

If you get a chance can you please let me know if you’re getting a cable box and a remote control from 3BB as well? I’m just curious what other people’s experiences have been with 3BB, as long as people are honest about their experiences. Quite often people visit this forum just to complain and rant and rave so sometimes when you ask for feedback from people occasionally you might have to just say something like please serious answers only or something I see people on here writing like that all the time and I see why lol. Hope your 3BB service is working out to. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been messing with my smart tv since they installed 3BB and now I understand what they meant actually they were all sort of correct. The HBO GO app is available for download on iTunes now, but not yet on Google Play on my smart tv. I just have the “Google Play Store” but not the app yet. So now I understand what they meant when they said it’s not available for download yet because it’s not available yet on google play but yes it is available on iTunes now. So now it makes sense because the technician said that they are coming back to our house on the 31st to finish installing the internet cable box with a remote which I honestly wasn’t even expecting to receive. I thought I’d have to work it through the app like on iTunes or something like that but no 3BB HBO GO is actually going to be like a real cable TV service in two weeks as soon as HBO GO is fired up. Not bad service for between 600 and 1200 baht a month! I have the 1200 a month package. I even called 3BB back and apologized for getting mad, I told them “no the installation kid yesterday didn’t break my TV now I see why he was trying to hook it up like that after the other two guys fixed it today”. Turns out the kid was trying to do me a favour because I still have the old AIS system setup so he was just trying to fix it so we could watch both. But the guy probably just didn’t know enough about my smart tv probably because I have it set to English. But the TV did lose the signal 5 minutes after he left the house so I felt bad about getting mad but I kind of had to speak up aggressively to get it fixed right. I don’t like doing it but sometimes if you don’t you get walked on. As a foreigner here I hate to raise my voice even more but occasionally you have to be aggressive. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iam confused about this upgrade, I have had 3bb since I can remember. I changed to fiber package about 3 years ago the 1,290 baht package I figured with this I can get a faster speed for 990 or whatever it was but it says that HBO is included?

I used the 3bb APP and switched over 5 days ago, i confirmed on the app my service is now on the new package... I used this page on the app and just selected the new package:

image.png.5137c6e06e9deb76ec675c4847bbbf8f.png

Question is does this include the monomax + HBO go? Has anyone figured out how to set up the hbo go?

On 3/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, JimLuce said:

I’ve been messing with my smart tv since they installed 3BB and now I understand what they meant actually they were all sort of correct. The HBO GO app is available for download on iTunes now, but not yet on Google Play on my smart tv. I just have the “Google Play Store” but not the app yet. So now I understand what they meant when they said it’s not available for download yet because it’s not available yet on google play but yes it is available on iTunes now. So now it makes sense because the technician said that they are coming back to our house on the 31st to finish installing the internet cable box with a remote which I honestly wasn’t even expecting to receive. I thought I’d have to work it through the app like on iTunes or something like that but no 3BB HBO GO is actually going to be like a real cable TV service in two weeks as soon as HBO GO is fired up. Not bad service for between 600 and 1200 baht a month! I have the 1200 a month package. I even called 3BB back and apologized for getting mad, I told them “no the installation kid yesterday didn’t break my TV now I see why he was trying to hook it up like that after the other two guys fixed it today”. Turns out the kid was trying to do me a favour because I still have the old AIS system setup so he was just trying to fix it so we could watch both. But the guy probably just didn’t know enough about my smart tv probably because I have it set to English. But the TV did lose the signal 5 minutes after he left the house so I felt bad about getting mad but I kind of had to speak up aggressively to get it fixed right. I don’t like doing it but sometimes if you don’t you get walked on. As a foreigner here I hate to raise my voice even more but occasionally you have to be aggressive. 

Your TV is 5 years old you should buy an Apple Smart TV for your needs buy one with USA settings and just keep switching back and fourth like the iPhone. 

On 3/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, BritManToo said:

Package ....... change package ..........

I did the package change in the 3BB app trying to go to their new Gigtainment package that includes the HBO service. The change was accepted in the app, but nothing changed in my service at home.

Finally, I called 3BB's call center to ask what was going on, and they claimed that someone from the local office had to call me for some reason prior to them actually changing my plan. The Call Center staff said they could not implement the change that I had already done in the app previously...

It's been two weeks now, and despite 3-4 calls to 3BB customer service, with them each time promising someone from the local office would call me to effect the change, no one has ever called. And I still have my original 3BB package service, no change whatsoever.

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I did the package change in the 3BB app trying to go to their new Gigtainment package that includes the HBO service. The change was accepted in the app, but nothing changed in my service at home.

Finally, I called 3BB's call center to ask what was going on, and they claimed that someone from the local office had to call me for some reason prior to them actually changing my plan. The Call Center staff said they could not implement the change that I had already done in the app previously...

It's been two weeks now, and despite 3-4 calls to 3BB customer service, with them each time promising someone from the local office would call me to effect the change, no one has ever called. And I still have my original 3BB package service, no change whatsoever.

I had something similar.

I'm on 400/400mpbs.

Wanted to go to 1000/500.

Tried to do it online and could not.

Called them (3bb) up and rep said you have to go into their office with ID

and request change.

The wife did that a few over a week ago and was told someone would come out with a new router

and do the upgrade in a few days.

I'm not sure if they're inundated with requests or the virus is having an affect on staff

coming out.

Maybe all of the above.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

was told someone would come out with a new router

and do the upgrade in a few days.

I've already got a relatively new dual band gigabit Huawei router from 3BB that they just installed in our home a few months back, replacing an older model they had previously.

AFAIK, I shouldn't need any kind of new router to go to their higher speed plans or to add their HBO service, or even any service call to my home to do anything.  It should be entirely back office changes on their part.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

According to their customer service phone number 1530 you have to have an Apple Smart TV

That's the first I've heard of that notion. It certainly wasn't mentioned anywhere on their website that listed out all the terms and conditions for the Gigtainment plans.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's the first I've heard of that notion. It certainly wasn't mentioned anywhere on their website that listed out all the terms and conditions for the Gigtainment plans.

Not many people gonna have use for it then, because an Apple smart TV doesn't exist on this planet.

15 minutes ago, Susco said:

Not many people gonna have use for it then, because an Apple smart TV doesn't exist on this planet.

I wonder if they're talking about the little external streaming box Apple sells called the Apple TV 4K, or if they're just talking about the Apple TV APP, which can be installed on a variety of devices.

17931953_2020-03-3011_18_33.jpg.8835b7ee25ed7288175b9e25e6ba88cc.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

6 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Exactly thank you! They should have mentioned that in the first place and I never would’ve signed up. But I will wait for the technician first and if it’s true then ok 3bb I guess thanks for a month of free internet at least ????

Please update your post when you find out whether 3BB is talking about you needing to use:

--some kind of new cable/streaming device from them.

--the Apple TV 4K streaming box, or

--the Apple TV app that can be installed on many existing steaming devices....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Do you know what countries you can call Apple support right now? I’m having trouble getting them on the phone as usual. I’m calling the one in Singapore now but been on hold just running up my gd phone bill for 41 minutes now. I wonder if they will ever even pick up the gd phone. 

I don't know about Apple per se... But lots of customer service operations are closed or limited right now because of CV.... I ran into that exact issue the other day with Paypal...no phone support at all.

It seems some in this thread have not researched this forum.

Kind of uneducated as to the options here. Discussing and paying for what and why?

Golly, did you know there is a way to get everything here for free:

All HBO

All Cinemax

Showtime

Netflix

Amazon

Movies

TV

On and on everything available in the world.

Tell me I am wrong that is fine.  

Watching Netflix Spenser Confidential with Mark Walhberg now.  HD wonderful and its free!

• Haha 1

Amazing - I just contacted 3BB to understand why I am only getting 66% of my speed, I enquired is there a better option than my 750/500 (I think) .. Yes, Sir - 100/100 for the same price as your existing package or you can have HBO for an additional 34THB .. Can I watch it on my TV? Yes - Awesome, I'll have some of that.

I signed up, ran down stairs, switched on my Samsung TV - Searched the App Store - No app

They only support android smart TV's 

So BBC. Hulu, Youtube, Netflix can all provide a Tizen OS app, but HBO can't - you need to negotiate the clunky web browser with the remote control cursor.

I checked the series that were available - nothing that I haven't already seen or can't DL on torrents - I would have had it for the extra baht and never watched it, however, they cant provide an app fo the TV - Joke.

Yes, I know I can cast it from my iPad or whatever - But no thanks. Does that give you 5.1 sound?

2 hours ago, JimLuce said:

Honestly I think their service sucks I’m just going with Apple TV like I did my first year here. Accept this time I’m buying a real Apple TV not just using my laptop like I did 5 years ago. But I’ll live with this BS until I buy Apple TV. My Toshiba isn’t doing it for me anyway especially if I have to do it this way I might as well just sign up for the Apple TV. It’ll be uncensored anyway on Apple TV. 

I think if you used Apple TV as your primary device then it would be fine, but most of my viewing is from my Synology NAS, I bought the TV because I spent a bit of time researching how I could control the NAS without additional apps and how it could fit in with my exiting system with one simple Samsung remote and Siri. 

3BB can keep their channel.

Edited by recom273

Ok, now I understand the problem. The technician just spent over 3 hours at my house and they called their technical support department and after hours around in circles we finally figured out the problem is that 3BB is not compatible with Android which is what my TV is I knew I shouldn’t have bought an Android TV as an Apple customer but 3BB should have known there’s more smart devices than just Apple because 3BB is perfectly compatible with my iPhone because it’s compatible with Apple but not compatible with Android. I know I need to buy an Apple TV, especially since I have hundreds of movies and thousands of hours of music downloaded on my iTunes but 3BB should be compatible with Android as well. 

The technician said in a few more months 3BB will have an upgraded version of their box compatible with Android as well. I won’t hold my breath on that so I’m buying an Apple TV and my Toshiba Android Smart TV piece of ???? LOL, can just stay downstairs for when we’re cooking or whatever. I might keep what AIS has left even though I hate what they did with the channel arrangement that was worse than true back in 2016, but from now on we live on internet TV. So time for me to start investigating in an Apple TV.

So 3BB works great with Apple but NOT Android!!! Beware Android users!!! 

But the good news is that now HBO GO is uncensored AND mobile. I’m just now figuring it out. An Apple TV is definitely best for me no Android. I think Apple is better at most things just gotta watch the iTunes billing a little. 

HBO GO ....... almost worthless as LG and Samsung TV apps don't appear to be available in Thailand.

Screencast appears to be blocked.

So you're stuck watching on your android phone or tablet.

Not worth buying an android box just for this.

Lots of stutter on the phone app.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

HBO GO ....... almost worthless as LG and Samsung TV apps don't appear to be available in Thailand.

Screencast appears to be blocked.

So you're stuck watching on your android phone or tablet.

Not worth buying an android box just for this.

Lots of stutted on the phone app.

If you google it there is a workaround to log in to the US app stores on those tv's, so you can download the apps

9 minutes ago, Susco said:

If you google it there is a workaround to log in to the US app stores on those tv's, so you can download the apps

Actually HBO GO app doesn't exist in LG US app store because the right of HBO GO app is occupied by Samsung in US.

So I changed my LG TV country to Latin America via factory mode and VPN to download HBO GO app, it works! But you can only watch it by VPN to your downloading country. As you know, the internet speed could be how low when VPN to Latin America. So finally I gave up by LG build in HBO GO app and switched to LG TV build in browser.

But I have no idea why HBO contents are so slow on LG build in browser? Especially it is very smooth as I use Mac Safari to watch it in the same network. Does anyone uses LG build in browser can share your experience?

20200331_214849.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stephenong said:

Actually HBO GO app doesn't exist in LG US app store because the right of HBO GO app is occupied by Samsung in US.

So I changed my LG TV country to Latin America via factory mode and VPN to download HBO GO app, it works! But you can only watch it by VPN to your downloading country. As you know, the internet speed could be how low when VPN to Latin America. So finally I gave up by LG build in HBO GO app and switched to LG TV build in browser.

But I have no idea why HBO contents are so slow on LG build in browser? Especially it is very smooth as I use Mac Safari to watch it in the same network. Does anyone uses LG build in browser can share your experience?

20200331_214849.jpg

Once you have managed to install the app you should be able to get the Thailand content without VPN, but I understand that is only available in 1 or 2 days.

The problem with speed could be your TV. Smart TV's are not know to have quality Ethernet adapters installed. as they are mostly intended to browse the web or watch YouTube / Netflix , which streams from a server near you

39 minutes ago, Susco said:

Once you have managed to install the app you should be able to get the Thailand content without VPN, but I understand that is only available in 1 or 2 days.

The problem with speed could be your TV. Smart TV's are not know to have quality Ethernet adapters installed. as they are mostly intended to browse the web or watch YouTube / Netflix , which streams from a server near you

Unfortunately, I have never gotten the HBO GO content without VPN since I installed. It just shows the information as below...

20200331_223141.jpg

8 minutes ago, Stephenong said:

Unfortunately, I have never gotten the HBO GO content without VPN since I installed. It just shows the information as below...

20200331_223141.jpg

Did you register for the Thailand version and use those login details?

Obviously you can't watch the US or Latin American content without a VPN, as you also can't with Netflix or Amazon Prime.

If you use a free VPN that will most likely also slow down your internet speed considerably.