HBO goes to 3BB?

JaiMaai

29 minutes ago, Stephenong said:

Unfortunately, I have never gotten the HBO GO content without VPN since I installed. It just shows the information as below...

It only works using the app on android devices, and even then only in a jerky stutter.

You seem to be showing a photo of a web browser.

Edited by BritManToo

My experience so far:

US Android TV version -> blocked here, sideloaded at tv, didn't test with a vpn, only accessible from US

LG TV with WEBOS -> No app available at all

Sideloaded Android HBO GO ASIA app (same as on phone) -> doesn't scale on TV, doesn't support landscape mode

Android App on Phone -> Chromcast works, but it's buffering after like 15 minutes and get stuck, never continues, forwarding doesnt seem to work either

IOS App on Ipad -> Chromecast work, but buffering,stuttering the same as Android app

Browser on normal pc -> works fine, only thing that works fine for me.

Quite a disappointment, iam using it only to watch on PC right now, everything else seems unusable.

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

Did you register for the Thailand version and use those login details?

Obviously you can't watch the US or Latin American content without a VPN, as you also can't with Netflix or Amazon Prime.

If you use a free VPN that will most likely also slow down your internet speed considerably.

I downloaded this app from LG Latin America content store after registering my 3BB HBO GO service.

In fact I own HBO GO Malaysia version app on my iPad as well, and works well by my 3BB HBO register detail. So I thought I can login this LG Latin America version by the same way and launch Thailand HBO GO content, but the photo shows error was I only got.

46 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It only works using the app on android devices, and even then only in a jerky stutter.

You seem to be showing a photo of a web browser.

Thanks for your reply. In fact the photo I attached is the screenshot of LG build in HBO GO app downloaded from Latin America LG content store.

18 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

My experience so far:

US Android TV version -> blocked here, sideloaded at tv, didn't test with a vpn, only accessible from US

LG TV with WEBOS -> No app available at all

Sideloaded Android HBO GO ASIA app (same as on phone) -> doesn't scale on TV, doesn't support landscape mode

Android App on Phone -> Chromcast works, but it's buffering after like 15 minutes and get stuck, never continues, forwarding doesnt seem to work either

IOS App on Ipad -> Chromecast work, but buffering,stuttering the same as Android app

Browser on normal pc -> works fine, only thing that works fine for me.

Quite a disappointment, iam using it only to watch on PC right now, everything else seems unusable.

Android APP on Samsung phone -> Since HBO GO Thailand version is not available on Google Play, I use HBO GO Malaysia Version and screen mirroring function to LG OLED TV. It works well, high definition and no lag at all.

Chrome on Samsung phone -> Screen Mirroring works, but resolution was downscaled.

• Like 1

The 3BB HBO GO app works great for Apple iTunes not compatible with Android though. Also it can be difficult to select the correct HBO GO app that links to 3BB. I got it on my iPhone no problem but my Android Smart TV can’t download it yet. Looks like MONOMAX is a separate app and I haven’t even downloaded that one yet. I just saw everything Apple TV has access to I am buying one. 

Edited by JimLuce

8 hours ago, Stephenong said:

Since HBO GO Thailand version is not available on Google Play,

It's been available on Google Play for download since 30th March, when I downloaded it and installed on my android phone.

Edited by BritManToo

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's been available on Google Play for download since 30th March, when I downloaded it and installed on my android phone.

How did you install it on your Android phone? It works fine on my iPhone but not on my Android TV. They’re saying it’s not compatible with Android. How did you find it on Google Play? It doesn’t currently exist on Google Play yet that I see only iTunes.

Can you by any chance send me a screenshot of what it looks like on your Google Play??

Edited by JimLuce

If it’s on Google Play then I should see it on my Android Smart TV but it’s currently non existent on Google Play. Works fine on my iPhone though. No problem on iTunes only took 60 seconds to setup on my iPhone. If anyone else can download it to Google Play on an Android Smart device I sure would love to see a screenshot of what it looks like because 3BB said they’re working to fix that and it’s an issue for all Android customers. 

26 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

How did you install it on your Android phone? It works fine on my iPhone but not on my Android TV. They’re saying it’s not compatible with Android. How did you find it on Google Play? It doesn’t currently exist on Google Play yet that I see only iTunes.

Can you by any chance send me a screenshot of what it looks like on your Google Play??

hbo go.jpg

Do you even have an Android TV?

You've made pages of posts without mentioning a make or model?

Edited by BritManToo

The standard phone/tablet based app is available (if you have a Thailand based gmail account).

There doesn't seem to be an Android TV version available nor a Samsung smart TV one.

More or less made up my mind that I can't be bothered with it.

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

hbo go.jpg

Do you even have an Android TV?

You've made pages of posts without mentioning a make or model?

I have Google Play on my TV and it’s still non existent but works great on iTunes. I’ll look again later. Additionally I can also pull this same picture off of the internet on the Android website that’s great in all but do you actually have a real screenshot from your own personal device that shows it on your own Google Play?? Because it’s still not compatible with Android but it works great on my iTunes no problem. 

31 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

The standard phone/tablet based app is available (if you have a Thailand based gmail account).

There doesn't seem to be an Android TV version available nor a Samsung smart TV one.

More or less made up my mind that I can't be bothered with it.

Yeah it doesn’t work with Android only Apple so far at least. 

20 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Yeah it doesn’t work with Android only Apple so far at least. 

It does work with Android, and it seems to only work with an Apple Phone, I have an Ipad  and a Apple TV and the app is not available in the apple store, you should be aware the HBO Go Asia app is region restricted so it will only appear in Google play store if your device is connected to either Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines, networks if your device is connected to another country via vpn then the HBO Go Asia app will not appear in your Google play store.

Before you purchase an Apple TV suggest you ask 3bb to show you the app working via an Apple TV device also suggest you check the reviews of the app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sg.hbo.hbogo

52 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

I have Google Play on my TV and it’s still non existent but works great on iTunes. I’ll look again later. Additionally I can also pull this same picture off of the internet on the Android website that’s great in all but do you actually have a real screenshot from your own personal device that shows it on your own Google Play?? Because it’s still not compatible with Android but it works great on my iTunes no problem. 

From my Huawei Y9 android phone.

Screenshot_20200401_110201_sg.hbo.hbogo.jpg

Screenshot_20200401_110232_com.android.vending.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BFrom my Huawei Y9 android phone.

Screenshot_20200401_110201_sg.hbo.hbogo.jpg

Screenshot_20200401_110232_com.android.vending.jpg

That’s the one that doesn’t work with 3BB on Android I’ve already seen this but the app won’t work on Android only with Apple. According to 3BB it’s every Android. If you try to open it on Android right now you just get a black screen but still works fine on Apple and honestly as an Apple customer I need to invest in an Apple TV anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

It does work with Android, and it seems to only work with an Apple Phone, I have an Ipad  and a Apple TV and the app is not available in the apple store, you should be aware the HBO Go Asia app is region restricted so it will only appear in Google play store if your device is connected to either Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines, networks if your device is connected to another country via vpn then the HBO Go Asia app will not appear in your Google play store.

Before you purchase an Apple TV suggest you ask 3bb to show you the app working via an Apple TV device also suggest you check the reviews of the app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sg.hbo.hbogo

No problem on my iPhone either but everyone on Facebook is telling me the same it’s ok on Apple including two people I know with Apple TV but not Android which is also what the 3BB technician said yesterday. But I’ll try opening this link on my current piece of junk Android TV, thanks. If it works I’ll let you know thank you. 

Edited by JimLuce

5 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

That’s the one that doesn’t work with 3BB on Android I’ve already seen this but the app won’t work on Android only with Apple. According to 3BB it’s every Android. If you try to open it on Android right now you just get a black screen but still works fine on Apple and honestly as an Apple customer I need to invest in an Apple TV anyway. 

Well clearly 3BB is incorrect as HBO GO does work on Android , and HBO states their application works on Android

6 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

I must have imagined watching Grisse and the other 'continue watching' in my list then.

On ignore for being not worth my time and effort reading or replying.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Well clearly 3BB is incorrect as HBO GO does work on Android , and HBO states their application works on Android

Well if they were incorrect than it would be working on Android which it’s not same for everyone one I know on Facebook. And sounds like a few people on here as well. Sounds like 3BB is still having issues because it’s so new their technicians say they’ve been running around the city with the same issues everyday since HBO GO came out. Some people say they can access it on Android and some people can’t but it’s working great on all Apple devices. 

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I must have imagined watching Grisse and the other 'continue watching' in my list then.

On ignore for being not worth my time and effort reading or replying.

I accessed the same app on Android but it won’t open I’m just telling you what I see and what a few friends have experienced as well. But on Apple it’s great. Maybe you can but apparently it’s really not working well with Android. 

Edited by JimLuce

Downloaded HBO GO app from Google Play store onto my Android box. 

I have not subscribed to the 3BB HBO GO service but the app plays the demo trailers to my TV OK but ONLY on WiFi, not Ethernet. 

24 minutes ago, jor said:

Downloaded HBO GO app from Google Play store onto my Android box. 

I have not subscribed to the 3BB HBO GO service but the app plays the demo trailers to my TV OK but ONLY on WiFi, not Ethernet. 

I remember seeing something in the Google App Store about needing an Android box!!! I don’t care I’m done messing with it I’m gonna try a link someone sent me to one more time later but regardless of whether or not it ever works in the Google App Store I actually need an Apple TV anyway because I’ve already downloaded so much on iTunes anyway over the years. I do still have an old Android box so I’ll plug it in and try that as well but I will need an Apple TV for my own personal needs even if it does work on my Android eventually. For me an Android TV was a horrible investment since I always use Apple. 

Edited by JimLuce

MonoMax is more useful than HBO Go

Download the app to your phone, got your 3BB app and click the 'MonoMax' button and it logs you into the phone app.

Use the same name and password (your original 3bb login) for your Smart TV app.

Works much better than HBO Go, no stuttering,

Slight pain that the Smart TV app is almost all in Thai, the phone app is in English.

Most of the movies/TV series you can select dubbed Thai (left button), or English with Thai subs (right button).

Edited by BritManToo

42 minutes ago, Stephenong said:

It can be downloaded on Google Play and works well now.

mmexport1585723690120.jpg

mmexport1585731642926.jpg

mmexport1585731639471.jpg

And that is why I wrote in my comment yesterday " I understand that is only available in 1 or 2 days. "

Because I read somewhere a week ago that HBO Go would be available from April 1.

I misunderstood that the service only would be available from that date, but it was actually the app.