Tourists from ‘high risk’ countries asked to consider postponing travel to Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The statement also reminds people to ‘travel safely’ when travelling by frequently washing hands with soap and water and using an alcohol based hand gel, as well as wearing a face mask,

I for one shall be taking their advice .. 

IMG_20200309_091242.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign tourists from so called ‘high risk’ countries have been asked to consider postponing their travel to Thailand as the country continues to try and contain the spread of the coronavirus, known as COVID-19

A door has two functions, one is to open, the other is to be closed!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Surprised anyone no matter from what country

Would want to travel with this virus seemingly getting worse world wide 

Would have thought a wait and see approach on how things progress in the coming weeks months ect 

Actually, just the opposite for some.

If their country is impacted, they will want to get away from it.

Thailand still has low documented numbers.

There are still Chinese coming here. 

And many Koreans I recently saw in Chiang Mai.

So, if you were in a place that had very high risks, wouldn´t you want to go to a place that seemingly has less?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I can scarce believe my eyes,Tat telling people not to come here,whatever next.

The corona virus is allergic to under the table back handers

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Having incredibly low numbers will be a magnet for anyone looking to escape the plague, it won't matter if the numbers are pure lies (as I suspect).

If you weren't already in Thailand you'd be the only one coming, as no one believes the "incredible" BS figures provided by the Thai authorities. The only reason for people coming for holidays now is that they made non refundable bookings before the outbreak started.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

If you weren't already in Thailand you'd be the only one coming, as no one believes the "incredible" BS figures provided by the Thai authorities. The only reason for people coming for holidays now is that they made non refundable bookings before the outbreak started.

It's amazing that you didn't detect a hint of sarcasm in my post, especially as I mentioned that I suspect the official numbers are pure lies.

11 hours ago, justin case said:

I wonder how many people in thailand have to leave every 90 days (or less) to reactivate the next 90 ...I have NO FREAKING CHOICE !!!

I did not even consider this issue. Certainly going to present a problem for quite a number of folks.

12 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want to go to a country that lies about almost everything to save face.

It's a feature! Hello hansum man! 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually, just the opposite for some.

If their country is impacted, they will want to get away from it.

Thailand still has low documented numbers.

There are still Chinese coming here. 

And many Koreans I recently saw in Chiang Mai.

So, if you were in a place that had very high risks, wouldn´t you want to go to a place that seemingly has less?

I personally would not wish to travel back to the UK right now and am getting ready to throw away the return half of my ticket for early May, my garden is a much less risky place.

My sister in law just called us from Khon Kaen minutes ago. A letter was sent out to everyone in the province that all international travelers must self-quarantine. Basically, they were told to report anyone who was out and about and appeared to be visiting internationally, Thai or otherwise. Wife is alarmed and wants to cancel our trip.

Haven't seen anything in the news and it takes days for a letter to arrive? I realize there are a few countries on a list that have been the focus of Thai authorities.

We are planning to cancel our trip there for April. Wife doesn't want to deal with the stress of what's going on and potential self-quarantine.

Edited by Bohemianfish
correction
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bohemianfish said:

My sister in law just called us from Khon Kaen minutes ago. A letter was sent out to everyone in the province that all international travelers must self-quarantine.

this is interesting. can you post a photo of the letter?