Science Book

Matthayom 1-3 Science Teachers 

I would appreciate if there is a teacher here who could point me to the the right direction. I am looking for a SCIENCE book that is written in ENGLISH that is based on the current Thai curriculum.

I have been presented with a couple of options but the books that I have in hand have topics are structured in a different way.

• Focus: Roughly follows the older thai curriculum but is too simple. The book provides the answer to its own questions and activities. This book writes the entire text in bulleted list which makes it like a Idiot's Guide book more than a science textbook 
  • Aksorn Science: It comes out with 2 textbooks and 2 workbooks for every year level which makes it an expensive choice
  • Cambridge Checkpoint Science: Organizes all topics across all year levels into Biology, Chemistry, Physics which mixes up the topics and causes unnecessary repetition and overlap.    

What book are you using? What textbook would you recommend? 

The revised version of Focus follows the 2560 revision of the Thai Sci. Curriculum.  The quality is pretty uneven though.  Some chapters are OK, others are difficult to teach.  I actually preferred the older version, though it had a lot of the same problems.

• Like 1