Opening A New Bank Account In Thailand 2021

• 10 months later...

I went to 5 banks in different parts of Thailand. All rejected. I gave up and had my Thai girlfriend open an account in her name with a bank she isn't with. Was so easy. I use Transferwise to send money and it's great I can use Shopee too. 

I'm sure everyone reading this has a close friend in Thailand.

Edited by organicman

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, kiever said:

http://tiktokservicesthailand.com/

they set up bank account for me when i came LOS with 30 days tourist visa (30 days visa exemption). i didnt have even tourist visa when i came .
dont need any paperworks other than your passport and dont need to buy silly insurance from bank.

i also get my thai driver license with them in 3 hours only.we went land of transport mornin 07:00 and i was keeping my driver license at 10:00 am
they are just great.
bad thing : they provide their services only in pattaya

Yes well using an agent here might casue you issues if you need to do your Non O again like what i found out yesterday, typical Thais "lack off" dont tell you anything more than you need to know for the next 24 hrs...Immigration info form is "lack off" as well.....

On 1/4/2020 at 11:50 AM, JimmyJ said:

I'm here from the US on a SETV.

Went to Bangkok Bank at Kad Suen Kaew mall.

Showed my passport.

Showed rent receipts.

The clerk said the receipts do not help - he had a sample form that he said I need to get from Thai Imm. stating that "XYZ Street" is where I am living.

I need to bring a passport photo for the form.

He said with that I can open an account.

Will be going to Imm. to extend my SETV next week and will get this form taken care of (hopefully) as well.

Yep....must have went into 20 banks no one ever showed me what you were shown, which brings me back to Thais in general dont have a clue, fob you off dick you around frustrate you and give you no relavent information, i lived here for a year in 2011 went home wound up like a top...back 1.5 ys ago to stay silly me, same old same old, agent got me my account and visa and guess what? They just give you enough info for 24 hrs then your on your own...found out how good that agent was when i went to  immgiration yesterday, any way its not to bad and i kinda expect obstacles thrown up at me from time to time...